+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Best to wait for canadian passport. You applied for canadian citizenship mean you are giving up indian citizenship. The country you were born, the country gave you almost everything and because of that you are standing in canadian soil now but thats how you are repaying your birth country for little bit better opportunity. So its better not to take any more advantage from India. Once you are a canadian, you are not an Indian citizenship anymore. So using Indian passport that time for your own convenience might trigger a future KARMA.
I like your comments. well, I appreciate your comments. Being on Canadian soil does not mean that I am not loyal to my birth country any more. If that was what are you doing on this forum!
I do not take any undue advantage of my country. The reason I asked about passport is due to the fact that I have properties and few unfinished projects in my mother country. any body who immigrates to another country is still loyal to home country as long as you don't do anything wrong outside and not bring bad name.I am sure you must have read about the Indian students,precisely Punjabi students in Brampton.
Thanks for letting me know but FYI I am firm believer in God so I very well know the doctrine of KARMA
god bless all

NeedAChange

Star Member
May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-May-2010
Doc's Request.
6-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
14-Jan-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
5-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
13-Jul-2013, RPRF encashed on 13-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
5-Jul-2013, Passport reached on 8-Aug-2013
I like your comments. well, I appreciate your comments. Being on Canadian soil does not mean that I am not loyal to my birth country any more. If that was what are you doing on this forum!
I do not take any undue advantage of my country. The reason I asked about passport is due to the fact that I have properties and few unfinished projects in my mother country. any body who immigrates to another country is still loyal to home country as long as you don't do anything wrong outside and not bring bad name.I am sure you must have read about the Indian students,precisely Punjabi students in Brampton.
Thanks for letting me know but FYI I am firm believer in God so I very well know the doctrine of KARMA
god bless all
Any Indian citizen becomes a citizen of any other country should surrender their passport immediately. If you travel with Indian passport you will be fined heavily if they find out later. Most likely they will because when you apply for OCI card or surrender the passport at a later stage you will have to show your proof of the new country citizenship and it will have a date and they will see that you had travelled to India after that date. It will be big issue.

If you have to settle property issues and think you cant do it without being Indian citizen dont get Canadian citizenship. Its not about Karma in this case it is the law of the land.

Reactions: samsk2018

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Any Indian citizen becomes a citizen of any other country should surrender their passport immediately. If you travel with Indian passport you will be fined heavily if they find out later. Most likely they will because when you apply for OCI card or surrender the passport at a later stage you will have to show your proof of the new country citizenship and it will have a date and they will see that you had travelled to India after that date. It will be big issue.

If you have to settle property issues and think you cant do it without being Indian citizen dont get Canadian citizenship. Its not about Karma in this case it is the law of the land.
Thanks for the reply. Are there any issues involved if one has to sell the property as a Canadian citizen and repatriate the money here in Canada legally? I have less knowledge on this subject.

frozenbc

May 19, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
Received request for fingerprints on June 28, 2018.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Please update the spreadsheet - I just got an invitation letter today (June-26th) for a citizenship test on August-9th, 2018. Thanks.
Hi please update the spreadsheet, I received my test invite today (jun-26th), test date is Jul-12th.. Thanks
hi all,
just got my test invite too( my wife got 2 hours before me , hehe. its
for 18 July,2018
so my record may be updated surely

Family 4 ( 2 minors)
applied 15 Feb 2018
application received 19 Feb 2018
IP since 30 may, 2018
email for test invite 27 june,2018
test date 18 july , 2018

Thanks
Pls update spreadsheet.

Test invitation received today (June 28th)
Test Date: July 17th
Updated.

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
Reactions: frozenbc

beautifulmind

May 19, 2018
Received request for fingerprints on June 28, 2018.
Hi frozenbc,
Does it shows on ecas as well? Because my ecas shows correspondence has been sent to me asking for additional documents and I should wait for email. Not sure if its PPQ RQ or just the finger prints?

audge

Mar 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Are there any issues involved if one has to sell the property as a Canadian citizen and repatriate the money here in Canada legally? I have less knowledge on this subject.
You should really meet with a lawyer asap to find out about Indian laws regarding real estate. They can be very complicated and it could be that you are better off selling before getting citizenship here. I know some countries are very strict about foreign ownership and that may include you since India doesn't allow dual citizenship.

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
You should really meet with a lawyer asap to find out about Indian laws regarding real estate. They can be very complicated and it could be that you are better off selling before getting citizenship here. I know some countries are very strict about foreign ownership and that may include you since India doesn't allow dual citizenship.
researched. there is no problem to buy or sell properties.

NeedAChange

Star Member
May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-May-2010
Doc's Request.
6-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
14-Jan-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
5-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
13-Jul-2013, RPRF encashed on 13-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
5-Jul-2013, Passport reached on 8-Aug-2013
Even I am not an expert. As someone else posted, talk to lawyers in India and CPA in Canada.

But one thing I know is, if you become a citizen of another country you cannot own agricultural property in India. You can own residential properties.
You can sell those, pay capital gain tax. Go through a CA in India and file certain forms and repatriate the money. But there is a limit for each year.

(All above statements needs to be verified, except the "Even I am not an expert" :) )

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Even I am not an expert. As someone else posted, talk to lawyers in India and CPA in Canada.

But one thing I know is, if you become a citizen of another country you cannot own agricultural property in India. You can own residential properties.
You can sell those, pay capital gain tax. Go through a CA in India and file certain forms and repatriate the money. But there is a limit for each year.

(All above statements needs to be verified, except the "Even I am not an expert" :) )
agreed . that's exactly what I found. moreover you cannot sell the property to a person other than person of Indian origin. Also you cannot own agricultural land as you mentioned. Also you cannot do a government job In India if you plan to stay in India later in life.

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018

found this on the internet

As per Reg. 6(4) of FEMA, if you had acquired a property in India as a resident of India, you can hold that property even after becoming a resident out of India. There is no requirement to sell the property.

If you decide to sell the property, it is permissible capital account transaction under Schedule II of FEM (Permissible Capital Account Transactions) Regulations, 2000.

According to FEM (Acquisition and Transfer of Immovable Property in India) Regulations, a PIO can sell a property to a resident in India.

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
In Process since June 29. Moderators - please update the spreadsheet. Thanks!