+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hahahaha I know! First world problems I guess..
Hmm.. having to apply for a passport before my honeymoon now seems to be a issue because it takes like a month to get it right? I sure hope they can accommodate it for a later ceremony now because even if I don't change my name I need a passport to travel, period!

Thank you for bringing those to my attention, I might just change the flight to leave from Seattle - we are going to Mexico so definitely flying, I just wish we could leave from YVR... but again, first world problems!

Thanks btbt! Happy Easter everyone!
If you apply at a passport office the regular delivery is something like 20 days plus mailing time (they can be a lot faster -- like delivered after a week -- but that's not guaranteed).

There is urgent pickup, at the passport office (2nd day after applying), which costs $110 extra. There is express pick-up (2-9 days) which costs $50 extra, and regular pickup (on or after 10 days) which costs $20 extra.

(If you apply at a receiving agent there's only regular service, and it adds a couple days total processing time)

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
If you apply at a passport office the regular delivery is something like 20 days plus mailing time (they can be a lot faster -- like delivered after a week -- but that's not guaranteed).

There is urgent pickup, at the passport office (2nd day after applying), which costs $110 extra. There is express pick-up (2-9 days) which costs $50 extra, and regular pickup (on or after 10 days) which costs $20 extra.

(If you apply at a receiving agent there's only regular service, and it adds a couple days total processing time)
Ok.. $20 bucks isn't bad and they have an office with the pick-up option 3 blocks away from my office..
I guess it will come down to when I get invited but with the whole name change, applying for a new certificate and all.. I might just fly from Seattle. Or hope to be invited/accommodated to a late September ceremony...

Passport Service for reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp?_ga=2.160926270.208247420.1522438801-1903270793.1522438801

:rolleyes:

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hahahaha I know! First world problems I guess..
Hmm.. having to apply for a passport before my honeymoon now seems to be a issue because it takes like a month to get it right? Happy Easter everyone!
When you're applying for your passport, opt for Urgent pick-up, which allows you to pick up your passport by the end of the next business day! (Mind you, you gotta pay $110 on top of the $160 base fee). If you don't mind paying a little extra, then this is the best possible option.

Check these links for the processing times and fees:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/processing-times.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/fees/passport-canada.html

I hope things will work out smoothly for you.
Happy Easter to you as well ;)
Good luck!

Kal

Last edited:
Reactions: danny_scars

alpha1

Sep 17, 2013
Hi guys, I have a quick question. I did the calculation for eligibility days via the online calculator. I've taken a lot of trips to USA, just cross border shopping where I go and return the same day. The online calculator it seems doesn't show that as day away but I figured that since I am doing it through the online calculator, It must be correct. I read someone else's post that their application came back even though they did it online and it said they were eligible? Anyone have any thoughts on this matter? Thanks

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys, I have a quick question. I did the calculation for eligibility days via the online calculator. I've taken a lot of trips to USA, just cross border shopping where I go and return the same day. The online calculator it seems doesn't show that as day away but I figured that since I am doing it through the online calculator, It must be correct. I read someone else's post that their application came back even though they did it online and it said they were eligible? Anyone have any thoughts on this matter? Thanks
Any day in which you were in Canada counts as a day of physical presence, even if you were in Canada for only a minute.

Your calculation is only valid if you list all trips, including trips made while working for a Canadian company. The calculation is for days of physical presence, not residence, so what counts is being in Canada (not being linked to Canada).

alpha1

Sep 17, 2013
Any day in which you were in Canada counts as a day of physical presence, even if you were in Canada for only a minute.

Your calculation is only valid if you list all trips, including trips made while working for a Canadian company. The calculation is for days of physical presence, not residence, so what counts is being in Canada (not being linked to Canada).

Sweet, thank you for quick response. I think I am covered. :D

qiuqiushasha

Aug 10, 2015
Please add my details to excel sheet.

App Type : Single
Physical Presence : 1086
App Sent : 2 Feb2018
App Delivered : 6 Feb 2018
AOR : 8 March2018

Thanks in advance.

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa

App Type : Single
Physical Presence : 1086
App Sent : 2 Feb2018
App Delivered : 6 Feb 2018
AOR : 8 March2018

Thanks in advance.
Did you mean your Physical Presence to be 1086 or was there a typo?

pushkaratre

Jul 27, 2011

App Type : Me and my wife
Physical Presence : 1300
App Sent : 2 Feb 2018
App Delivered : 20 Feb 2018
AOR : 15 March 2018

marioacruz

Apr 3, 2018
Please add my detail to excel sheet
App Type: Single