Toronto
Single
sent: Feb 09, 2018
delivered: Feb 12, 2018

UPDATE: AOR received on March 12th

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

My question is about Citizenship Processing Time.

I studied the October 2017 spreadsheet. As per the sheet, average processing time for citizenship is 5 months (150 days) for Oct 2017 applicants.

Also, the number of applicants are dropping considerably every month after October. Given this trend, we can expect the processing time to reduce in future.

Having said that, why does the CIC website state 12 months as the average processing time for Citizenship applications?

I appreciate all insights on this in advance!
Thank you all

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi All,

My question is about Citizenship Processing Time.

I studied the October 2017 spreadsheet. As per the sheet, average processing time for citizenship is 5 months (150 days) for Oct 2017 applicants.

Also, the number of applicants are dropping considerably every month after October. Given this trend, we can expect the processing time to reduce in future.

Having said that, why does the CIC website state 12 months as the average processing time for Citizenship applications?

I appreciate all insights on this in advance!
Thank you all
As I understand it, the number they give is not a true "average", but it is the cut-off point at which (IIRC) 80% of all applications have been processed.

The easy applications that are sent to offices that had spare processing time get processed within 5 months, but the more complex cases and those sent to busier offices will take more time, and so all in all it will take up to 12 months for at least some people on here (and for some much longer than that).

There's also the fact that IRCC announced they would assign more staff to process the influx of applications, so the processing we've seen may slow down when the number of applications goes down and, as a result, those people return to their regular roles.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Thanks all of them who is helping February applicant to update their AOR IP DM etc
God bless you

Question: I am trying to access Ecas but it don’t show nothing

Any idea how long it take to update ecas
Usually 24 hours and you should be able to access it!

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012

SJ2013

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Unfortunately, my wife's application has been returned by the IRCC. Please remove her name from the spreadsheet.

Thanks and GLTA!

goodkarma

Feb 16, 2018
Just Received my AOR.

Pls update line 64. (goodkarma)

Citizenship Office: Ottawa
Appl Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1096 days
Appl. Sent on: Feb 14, 2018
Appl. Delivered on: Feb 16, 2018
AOR Email : March 15, 2018
eCas - In Process:
Test Invite Letter:
Test/Interview Date :
Decision Made:
Oath Letter:
Oath Ceremony:
Passport Received:

Last edited:

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
As I understand it, the number they give is not a true "average", but it is the cut-off point at which (IIRC) 80% of all applications have been processed.

The easy applications that are sent to offices that had spare processing time get processed within 5 months, but the more complex cases and those sent to busier offices will take more time, and so all in all it will take up to 12 months for at least some people on here (and for some much longer than that).

There's also the fact that IRCC announced they would assign more staff to process the influx of applications, so the processing we've seen may slow down when the number of applications goes down and, as a result, those people return to their regular roles.

Hey,
Thanks a lot for the reply.
When you say easy or complex application, what do mean by that?

yumjoc

Mar 4, 2015
Please add my case to the list

Appl Type: Family (2)
Physical Presence:
1257 days
Appl. Sent on: Feb 12, 2018
Appl. Delivered on: Feb 14, 2018
AOR Email : March 14, 2018
eCas - Application Received