+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
We became PR on November 2014, so before that we were leaving in India (home country), that means I have to provide that information in the application and provide police clearance certificate, If yes, where can i obtain that , from India or from VFS office in Toronto ?
One last question (hopefully) : Can we provide IELTS test results which we took in 2014 as a part of immigration process as a proof of our language proficiency?
Thanks....
Yes, as your eligibility period is 5 years before your application date you would have lived in India for more than 183 days, so a police certificate is needed.

The instructions for a police certificate from India are at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html. Others on the forum may be able to offer more relevant information.

And yes, you can use that IELTS result. As it says at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language : "If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired." You would need to include a photocopy of the result with your application, and take the original when you have the test+interview.

Atifaltaf

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
in citizenship forms for adults there is a question regarding helding the travel document can anybody explain it to me ?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys I have question if you can help me ,in the form they ask for held travel document. what does it mean ?
Basically, it's your passport. They use a more generic name because there are a few documents that are legally not considered passports, but perform the same function (those are usually issued to stateless people and refugees who cannot get a passport from their country of citizenship).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#t

"
Travel document
An identity document issued by a government or an international organization (such as the United Nations). It contains a person’s photograph and personal information, and allows that person to travel between countries.

See Passport.
"

marianacimini

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2015
AOR Received.
May 8, 2015
Updated
Hi there,

Can you add me to the spreadsheet?

Application sent: Feb 5
Single Applicant
Total days present before application was sent: 1440

marianacimini

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2015
AOR Received.
May 8, 2015
Updated.

Question on application returned. My bf got a letter today for returned application, when re-submiting it, should I attach the same payment receipt?On the letter it says CIC did not use the money, but it was paid via credit card.

Application Sent - Feb 01
Application Received - Feb 05

AOR this morning - 5th March

Family - 3 members
Mississauga

* Original application sent in Nov was returned since I attached a copy of my CELPIP score printed off my online CELPIP account. They need a photocopy of the original score sheet. I did not have it. Anyways sent them my MBA certificate as proof of english. I did my MBA in Canada.

marianacimini

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2015
AOR Received.
May 8, 2015
Done!
Hi Admin,

Could you kindly add me too:

Date submitted: Feb 22
Date received: Feb 27
Family of three
No. of days : 1211

Thank you.

Matut

Feb 28, 2018
Yes, as your eligibility period is 5 years before your application date you would have lived in India for more than 183 days, so a police certificate is needed.

The instructions for a police certificate from India are at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html. Others on the forum may be able to offer more relevant information.
he would need police certificate if he had lived in another country for more than 183 within the last 4 (not 5) years from the date of application
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Within the last 4 years, if you spent 183 days or more in another country (other than Canada), you must provide a police certificate. You must provide a police certificate for each country where you spent 183 days or more. If you cannot get a police certificate, tell us why.

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Got my AOR March 4

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
Hello Guys,

Received my AOR today March 07th.
Application sent Feb 05th
Application Received Feb 08th

For all those waiting in my timeline keep patience you will receive it soon.

Thanks,

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello Guys,

Received my AOR today March 07th.
Application sent Feb 05th
Application Received Feb 08th

For all those waiting in my timeline keep patience you will receive it soon.

Thanks,
Congrats for your AOR

I also send my application 5 February
And received 8 February by DJ