+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Rae62

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
I have been travelling - just dialed in this evening after more than a week and see that our applications have gone into processing with a date of 5th April. Please update spreadsheet.
I got my citizenship test invitation on April 11. Please update my file.
I applied for urgent processing initially and it got rejected in first week of March, I sent more supporting documents to address officer's notes on my file through my MP in last week of March and my urgent processing got accepted in first week of April and they sent me citizenship test invitation on April 11.
Updated. Great news both of you !

Reactions: llvllagic_l3oy

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
I got my citizenship test invitation on April 11. Please update my file.

Notes:
I applied for urgent processing initially and it got rejected in first week of March, I sent more supporting documents to address officer's notes on my file through my MP in last week of March and my urgent processing got accepted in first week of April and they sent me citizenship test invitation on April 11.
Congrats on the test invite!

How did you know that your urgent processing was rejected? Did they send you a letter/email?

llvllagic_l3oy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Congrats on the test invite!

How did you know that your urgent processing was rejected? Did they send you a letter/email?
Thanks

No they never notify you. I called IRCC call centre and the agent told me your urgent processing was rejected and officer left a note why it was rejected.

Last edited:

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Thanks

No they never notify you. I called IRCC call centre and the agent told me your urgent processing was reject and officer left a note why it was rejected.
Thanks! I have called the call centre a few times too and I have been told there is no update on my urgent processing till now if its accepted or no. Even though my application is in process. since Mar 05.

llvllagic_l3oy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Thanks! I have called the call centre a few times too and I have been told there is no update on my urgent processing till now if its accepted or no. Even though my application is in process. since Mar 05.
You can try to ask your MP to follow up on your case, potentially you might be able to get a better answer.

But with your current timeline there is a big chance that your urgent request have been rejected.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Q #10 & #11 >> These questions would only take the Month & Year into consideration. Even when you take a printout of the application, it will only display the Month & Year. So, if you don't remember the exact date, you are in luck ;)

Q #9c >> Technically speaking, a majority of us would have lived outside of Canada during our eligibility period. For this question, just follow protocol so that they would have nothing against you. What I did was to select YES, and filled out the Residence outside Canada form. Just the Surname, Given name, DoB, Signature, etc. Striked off the two pages and wrote Not Applicable on both pages. I went the extra mile to include a Cover letter explaining what I did. However, if you think that you don't wanna write a explanation letter, simply state 'Not a Crown Servant' underneath Not Applicable.

For your last part of the question, just your main primary address will do (the international address that you've previously used when you were applying for your Study permit.. the address that's already in the IRCC database).

Good luck with your application! :)

Kal
Thanks Kal. But when i called CIC once they asked me to say NO for question 9C, so i'm bit confused here !