+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

J.S

Jul 13, 2015
Hello,
I am doing calcuation on days.
I used to visit states only for dinner / shopping. Most of the time i returned same day or sometimes late night 2:00 AM

I do not remember the dates. Any sugsestion.
Border is just 10 minuets from my home.
Thanks

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys, usually how long does it take for Aor after application is received?
You can check the spreadsheet to find averages. October-December 2017 the average number of days is about 40-50. Earlier in 2017 it tended to be a bit less than that.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hello,
I am doing calcuation on days.
I used to visit states only for dinner / shopping. Most of the time i returned same day or sometimes late night 2:00 AM

I do not remember the dates. Any sugsestion.
Border is just 10 minuets from my home.
Thanks
You can request information from CBSA and from CBP. Depending on your current citizenship you may be able to find some information online. Otherwise you may need to make requests under FOIA/Privacy legislation. Other posts on this site (search for "cbp.gov" and for something like "CBSA entry exit") can direct you to the appropriate sites, but be aware that the information you get from CBSA and CBP may not be complete.

That latter point is important because inaccuracies can make life difficult for you. Read the post at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/us-citizen-canadian-pr-applying-for-canadian-citizenship.546488/#post-6763418 for a discussion of some of the considerations.

Do check the policies around how days in Canada and outside of Canada are counted, as the times when you came back after midnight may count differently (for your physical presence calculations) from the ones where you came back before midnight. (The ones where you came back before midnight may not be needed in your physical presence calculation at all, but you may want to keep track of them anyway: if a return record is missing you may need to show that you did return that same day).

If you pay for your meals or purchases in the US using electronic means (credit or debit card) you can also check those records, and use them to complete your records.

Once you have gathered all that information and consolidated it you can decide if you're confident enough to submit using that information (and, if you're wrong, possibly having to go through a more extensive process to prove you've been in Canada enough) or if you're going to start keeping track in detail of trips abroad, and apply once you have a sufficient buffer for which you have known accurate information.

barhoom88

Nov 27, 2016
For the section " Tell us what have you been doing during your eligibility period inside and outside " they are asking for the Name of Contact, what should I put if it's a university ?!

barhoom88

Nov 27, 2016
If I got a my university acceptance at Jan and I started school in Sep(I am looking for the Fall semester). and I have a study permit during this period ? I will fill this part as I was in school since I finished my ESL program and I was waiting to start in Sep. On the paper I was in school but I wasn't studying, I planned to start in the Fall semester ? I will add this period as in school and I will explain if they asked ? any idea's

Last edited:

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application Sent - Feb 01
Application Received - Feb 05

AOR this morning - 5th March

Family - 3 members
Mississauga

* Original application sent in Nov was returned since I attached a copy of my CELPIP score printed off my online CELPIP account. They need a photocopy of the original score sheet. I did not have it. Anyways sent them my MBA certificate as proof of english. I did my MBA in Canada.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Application Sent - Feb 01
Application Received - Feb 05

AOR this morning - 5th March

Family - 3 members
Mississauga

* Original application sent in Nov was returned since I attached a copy of my CELPIP score printed off my online CELPIP account. They need a photocopy of the original score sheet. I did not have it. Anyways sent them my MBA certificate as proof of english. I did my MBA in Canada.

Congrats for your AOR!
Can you please share who received your file at the processing center?

LuckyAL

Feb 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
15-Mar-2014
Med's Request
01-Jul-2014
Passport Req..
30-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-Sep-2014
LANDED..........
15-Mar-2015
Hi Admin,

Could you kindly add me too:

Date submitted: Feb 22
Date received: Feb 27
Family of three
No. of days : 1211

Thank you.

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats for your AOR!
Can you please share who received your file at the processing center?
I had lost my tracking number from Canada Post
The date is an estimate that Canada post provided me when I asked them if there was a way i can retrieve my tracking number

Mine was a re-submitted application at CIC Sydney NS. Not sure if process is any different
First time when i sent it - It was received by mike.