+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
after DM, is the next process to wait for oath? Or can we still expect RQ or any other complications even after DM stage?
Thanks
Yes it is possible. Anything can happen until the oath date, if u search in this forum i believe there is user who got rq’ed after dm. But thats extremely rare case, most time dm means everything good

Reactions: canadian.dream1

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
Received invitation today to attend Oath Ceremony on March 6th, 2019. Finally, the long wait is almost over. Please update the sheet, thanks.

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
Was meant to have test today at 130 but it got cancelled due to the weather. Grrr
I have same day test as you. Mine is 11:45 and they told us that this is last test scheduled for the day as all the afternoon ones got cancelled. But there are some candidates for 1:30pm who came very early that the CIC guys let them took test with the 11:45 AM candidates. Lucky them.

Reactions: corbs

hasanrasheed

Mar 1, 2013
i just noticed after the test date of 12 FEB our status is changed to "DECISION MADE", but for my kid 6 yrs the status is still "IN PROGRESS" is this normal and same for other cases? do i need to call CIC and inquire abt it

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
i just noticed after the test date of 12 FEB our status is changed to "DECISION MADE", but for my kid 6 yrs the status is still "IN PROGRESS" is this normal and same for other cases? do i need to call CIC and inquire abt it
it's completely normal; minors don't get decision made on their ECAS.

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014

hasanrasheed

Mar 1, 2013
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 8, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 3, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on August 17, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 22, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 12, 2019 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on February 14, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 7, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

His Purpose

May 19, 2015
Hi guys - I received my test invite today. Literally on my 1 year mark since applying down to the date. I have a question about the documents to bring to the test. The test invite letter says I have to bring all the original documents I submitted as part of my application from the document checklist. Can someone please tell me what I should bring? The document checklist for the application says I need the application form itself, along with a physical presence calculator print out. So my question really is:

- Do i need to fill out the application form again and print and bring this?
- Do i just use the online physical presence calculator and print it out?
- Do i need to bring two photos again?
- My English language test was taken in 2013 - this is what I used to apply for my citizenship. So I guess I bring this test copy? I have it in an email as a PDF so I will just print it out
- I will bring my fees receipt

Those that have written their test already, if you can help out with what documents you brought to the test, that would be great!

Thanks all!
Aura
Hi All,

Today marks exactly 1 year since my application for Citizenship. Still waiting for my test invite.

Called the Helpline - That sent a request to Visa Office & said I should receive a response in 30 days.

My Timeline is below -
Application Received - Feb 4
In Process - May 10
FP - August 20

Criminality - Passed
Prohibition - Not Started
Residency - Not Started
Language - Not Started

My Location - Brampton
Visa Office - Mississauga.
Just bring the documents you had mailed in your applications check list, plus your Copr. They did not check these documents when I went for my test and interview, but since they asked you, just bring. I had saved a copy of all the documents in an enveloped when I applied last year and I just carried it with me today

His Purpose

May 19, 2015
Hey guys - writing my test soon and I am a bit nervous. I am reading the discover canada guide and also taking short 20 - 50 question quizzes off this website: http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz

Those that have taken the test recently, was it hard? Were questions mostly about history or geography or government? How did you or what did you use to prepare for the test?
Read the book through a couple times and make notes of dates etc. Then on YouTube you can watch quizzes on the test. It is simple and you will pass

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 8, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 3, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 17, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on August 17, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 22, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 12, 2019 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on February 14, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 7, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Was line 4 a finger print request? And also which office handled ur app? Mississauga or Scarborough?