+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 CEC Applicants

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
you can check the approximate time of processing BOWP application on cic website, it is quite accurate..50-60 days

and do not forget to apply when your WP is still valid...
Thanks!
But any idea about how long a bwop generally is?

mogzy911

Jan 18, 2018
Received golden e-mail today and here is my time line
CEC Stream
AOR Date : 22nd Feb,2018
Medicals pass:2nd Mar,2018
Ip2: 2nd Mar,2018
PPR:6th Apr,2018
In the golden email did they ask you yo send passport to a specific vsc vfs office or did thry say send to "nearest" office

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
My file got rejected today. My WE expires 15th oct (in 10 days). I have applied for BOWP but that will get rejected soon as well, considering my EE file just got rejected.

Is there any way i can apply for a WE extension, even though my file has been rejected?
Thank you.

shvetranka

Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a quick update on my case:

I've applied on Feb 6, 2018. My application got stuck after March 6, when they requested some additional docs.
I ordered my GCMS notes at the end of May, and there hasn't been any movement since then.
So on August 1, I decided to withdraw my application because of something I found out on my notes.

When I received my ITA, I was invited through CEC. The problem is: when I submitted my documents, 2 months of my experience were expired because they were older than 3 years. So instead of rejecting my application, IRCC decided to process my case as FSW instead of CEC (I never seen that happening before). I didn't have enough proof of funds, was pretty close to it though - so they forwarded that to a ~senior official to analyze that. And that's where it got stuck.

Fast forward to August, I withdrew my application and decided to apply again. On Aug 8, I received my new ITA and submitted everything again on Aug 15.

My advice to you all is: if you application is taking longer, request your GCMS notes - they ARE helpful.
Good luck, February fam. I'm restarting my journey.
And be patient like me. Soon we'll all be PRs :)
Dear alldrops,

I expect I will be in the same situation as you: I worked in Canada from October 30, 2012 until September 30, 2016. Then I was in another country for a 8-months job contract. When I applied for EE last month I met two categories: Federal Skilled Worker and Canadian Experience Class. In the end of September, I got my ITA under the CEC category, and since then I have been collecting all the documents and therefore I still have not submitted the application. Now, if we count my WE in Canada for the last 3 years, it is no longer 1 full year but 11 months (in November it will be 10 months, etc), as I ended my contract more than 2 years ago already. So, my question is - will I lose my CEC category and will be assessed under FSW category?

Thanks.

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
My file got rejected today. My WE expires 15th oct (in 10 days). I have applied for BOWP but that will get rejected soon as well, considering my EE file just got rejected.

Is there any way i can apply for a WE extension, even though my file has been rejected?
Thank you.
May I know the reason for your rejection?

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018

Thank you.
How long did it take to get the rejection? 8 months?

Reactions: jessy87

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
I am sorry dear

Did you order any GCMS notes during processing ?
Is that the same thing as filing that IIRC form? I filled that twice and both times, it said that your application is being processed and we will let you know if when a decision is reached. I had zero warnings otherwise i would have pulled out and re applied.