Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
irfan777 said:
Feb applicants are on the back bench
I was reviewing Dec and Jan applicants timeliness, they were really quick. I am at the bottom of February list, and still it's in IP status. I hope I get it within a month.
I think a lot of people are applying now to a old delays of Bill C6.
Let's see
I can't agree with you irfan777. I'm a february applicant as well. I sent my file to IRCC on 24th February and it got delivered on 28th February. AOR on 6th March and In Process status on 15th march. On 23rd they issue me and my family letter for test invite on 12th April and after passing the test it changed to DM on 13th April. Now I'm waiting for Oath letter. They said they can't promise but will try to arrange oath ceremony on may. So basically february applicant are not on the back bench. It could be your location has high number of applicant and they take some time to process. We are only 6 people gave the test on test day. Most probably only these are the people will take oath.

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Got test invitation letter to my email today. Also cic called to tell me my test date. Which is May 16, 2017.
My ecas still did not change.

Raga10

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bubli said:
Got test invitation letter to my email today. Also cic called to tell me my test date. Which is May 16, 2017.
CIC called you or emailed you?

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Bubli said:
In my case, they updated ecas but I haven't received the letter yet, two weeks now. Will wait until a week before the actual test and then call if not received before then.

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Raga10 said:
CIC called you or emailed you?
Both, email and phone call.

Bubli

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/06/2010
LANDED..........
23/02/2012
Godzilla9 said:
In my case, they updated ecas but I haven't received the letter yet, two weeks now. Will wait until a week before the actual test and then call if not received before then.
When is your test? I was surprise they want me to bring all documents, checklist of documents, same as when I applied.

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj_Hoque said:
I can't agree with you irfan777. I'm a february applicant as well. I sent my file to IRCC on 24th February and it got delivered on 28th February. AOR on 6th March and In Process status on 15th march. On 23rd they issue me and my family letter for test invite on 12th April and after passing the test it changed to DM on 13th April. Now I'm waiting for Oath letter. They said they can't promise but will try to arrange oath ceremony on may. So basically february applicant are not on the back bench. It could be your location has high number of applicant and they take some time to process. We are only 6 people gave the test on test day. Most probably only these are the people will take oath.
I wish you all the best my friend.
We are in GTA....things are tight here

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Bubli said:
When is your test? I was surprise they want me to bring all documents, checklist of documents, same as when I applied.
They updated my ecas on April 5 for the test on May 18, so I have plenty of time to patiently wait for their letter.
Surprising to hear that they wanted completed checklist from you, I did not take copies of applications when sent out.

KimM

Jan 30, 2017
Just noticed that my ecas has been updated. My timeline is as follows:

Citizenship office - Ottawa

Citizenship app sent : Feb. 13, 2017
App received: Feb. 16, 2017
AOR: Feb. 27, 2017
In process: March 1, 2017
Test invite: April 18, 2017
Test date: May 4, 2017

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
irfan777 said:
I wish you all the best my friend.
We are in GTA....things are tight here
I agree with Irfan - GTA seems to be bit slow. I sent my application on Feb 16 and my Ecas is in process since Mar 7 - still nothing.

They must be getting lots of applications. ::)

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same situation, GTA offices are too slow, specially Feb applications.
I hope we will not stuck in one year processing time. :eek:

dhillozcanada22 said:
I agree with Irfan - GTA seems to be bit slow. I sent my application on Feb 16 and my Ecas is in process since Mar 7 - still nothing.

They must be getting lots of applications. ::)

Flojay74

Feb 2, 2017
The Calgary office is slow as well. Applied for Citizenship in January 2017 and file has been in process since Feb 15. Called IRCC today and they said file is in Calgary office and has been there since February. The Rep said the security checks have been completed and I should wait to be called for invite. Question is how long is the wait going to be? ;D

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
RAY2112 said:
same situation, GTA offices are too slow, specially Feb applications.
I hope we will not stuck in one year processing time. :eek:
I hope NOT !! I have baby on the way - i am due in august - i was really hoping this will be all over before the baby arrives.. or atleast the test part lol..

I am still optimistic - i think june will be the lucky month for us :p 8)

P.S. - Calgary, GTA, all seem slow when your own file is stuck i guess .. hahah ;D ;)

walktheline

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Flojay74 said:
The Calgary office is slow as well. Applied for Citizenship in January 2017 and file has been in process since Feb 15. Called IRCC today and they said file is in Calgary office and has been there since February. The Rep said the security checks have been completed and I should wait to be called for invite. Question is how long is the wait going to be? ;D
Appears IRCC really don't have proper and fair procedures to process files. For examples, many applications from March in Calgary office have been invited but none from Feb. The principle of First Come First Serve does not apply and everything appears to be random. I can imagine how bad their management is.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
walktheline said:
Appears IRCC really don't have proper and fair procedures to process files. For examples, many applications from March in Calgary office have been invited but none from Feb. The principle of First Come First Serve does not apply and everything appears to be random. I can imagine how bad their management is.
Not sure what you are referring to, 20 February applicants have been invited to test and 4 March applications. It's a normal processing timeline. As long as it's within 12 months why make a big deal?