+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
Hi Everyone on this forum,
Just wondering why my application has not changed to IP.
I applied with my daughter whose 30 months old but still stuck on application received. According to most applicants at-least it took 1-3 weeks the status to change to IP. Could something be wrong. Any suggestions.

Here's my timeline.
-App received March 06, 2017.
-AOR sent March 14, 2017.
-IP...........
-Test Invite.........
-Decision......
-Oath Invite.......
-Ceremony........

STS20

Mar 5, 2017
jot said:
Hi Guys,

I got call for test.It is on April 20th.But i did not start study at all.Hopefully i can make it.

Good luck to all...:)
Congratulation.

Can I ask you, Are you from GTA area?

Reason for asking, i am from Mississauga and waiting since the beginning of the month. I called to CIC and they confirmed you will receive the test invite but nothing since.

Thanks,
T

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
jamainsid1910 said:
Hi Everyone on this forum,
Just wondering why my application has not changed to IP.
I applied with my daughter whose 30 months old but still stuck on application received. According to most applicants at-least it took 1-3 weeks the status to change to IP. Could something be wrong. Any suggestions.

Here's my timeline.
-App received March 06, 2017.
-AOR sent March 14, 2017.
-IP...........
-Test Invite.........
-Decision......
-Oath Invite.......
-Ceremony........
Hi,

It is about 1-3 weeks from the AOR to In Process. I would wait for another week and then give them a call.

Good luck! 8)

Faras Cade

Jul 14, 2013
I did the test this morning. Test was easy. It took me 10 mins/max to finish it. Got 20/20. I prepared last night, using the practice test in this website! There are over a 100 qs in that practice test and I can guarantee you the real test will come from those qs.

Now another kind of waiting game begins, The Oath ceremony. I noticed a couple of ceremonies coming up (April 10th and April 24th) for our local cic office. Hopefully I'll be in one of those. Good luck everyone!

bluezz

Jul 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my citizenship exam invite! :D :D :D
The ecas probably changed yesterday and got the letter in mail today!!
"We sent you a notice on March 28, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 19, 2017"

Audrey2013

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Faras Cade said:
I did the test this morning. Test was easy. It took me 10 mins/max to finish it. Got 20/20. I prepared last night, using the practice test in this website! There are over a 100 qs in that practice test and I can guarantee you the real test will come from those qs.

Now another kind of waiting game begins, The Oath ceremony. I noticed a couple of ceremonies coming up (April 10th and April 24th) for our local cic office. Hopefully I'll be in one of those. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!
And thank you for the test info
Cheers!!!

as aa

Feb 21, 2017
Faras Cade said:

congratulation, thank you for sharing your expérience with the test, and how about the interview, it is simple?what s kind of questions asked

Faras Cade

Jul 14, 2013
as aa said:
congratulation, thank you for sharing your expérience with the test, and how about the interview, it is simple?what s kind of questions asked
The interview was 5 to 10 mins. It'll depend on each person's circumstances. To name a couple examples, whether you traveled outside of the country a lot or not or whether you have gaps in your work timeline or not. If you have gaps in your application timeline they might ask you to clarify. Those circumstances might extend or shorten the interview depending on your situation. Most of the interview is basically going over your application and identification documents just to make sure you are the person on the application.
other questions were who's my current employer, how many kids I have, and their ages, about my wife, etc. Just basic information.
There was also, what they call Prohibitions Under the Citizenship Act form which you have to read and if you answer YES on any of the questions on that form you have to sign the form. It is basically a list of all the things that may prevent you from gaining the citizenship, like having been convicted on a serious crime.

The whole process (Test+waiting for the interview+interview) took about 30 mins for me. I got there 08:30, got out of the building around 9:00. Good luck!

STS20

Mar 5, 2017
Congratulations for all those fellow people whose file is moving smoothly. I hope everyone should start receiving the same treatment.

I called yesterday to CIC to find out about the status of my application and when i will expect the test invite. She said your file is with Mississauga office and went for Background check soon you will have something in mail from their office.

Let see the when this waiting time will over.

Thanks,
T

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
I got fingerprint request - it was updated on ecas on March 29 and i received it in mail on March 31, 2017.
I completed my fingerprints on same day and will take 2-3 weeks to get it in the mail. I will send it to CIC as soon as i receive it.

:) Hopefully it will all be over soon !! Congrats to all who received test invite !

jot

Star Member
Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2011
Nomination.....
14 Dec 2011
AOR Received.
7 March 2012
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
6 Feb 2012
Med's Request
7 March 2012
Med's Done....
13 March 2012
Interview........
N.A
Passport Req..
21 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
3 October 2012
LANDED..........
14 December 2012
STS20 said:
Congratulation.

Can I ask you, Are you from GTA area?

Reason for asking, i am from Mississauga and waiting since the beginning of the month. I called to CIC and they confirmed you will receive the test invite but nothing since.

Thanks,
T
I am from SK not from ON.

reasonabledude

Nov 20, 2016
Hi Guys,

when your status change from AOR to IP, do you receive an email for it? or I should keep checking the online status every day?

KimM

Jan 30, 2017
When my application changed from AOR to In Process I didn't get an email. Keep checking eCas each day and that is where you will see your applications status change.

gg2013

Mar 26, 2017
hello friends, no more updates in our thread?
i didn't see any new dates for the 'test invite'...... stress~!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\