+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

sarna99

Apr 10, 2017
Mine is Calgary. My Ecas status is saying that they have sent me correspondence via mail. Is this a test date or something else ? Please advise.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarna99 said:
Mine is Calgary. My Ecas status is saying that they have sent me correspondence via mail. Is this a test date or something else ? Please advise.
Most likely fingerprint request.

sarna99

Apr 10, 2017
Does anyone know by how much the application process is delayed if a person received FP request ? Thank you ! Seems like we are jinxed.

FAND4

Jan 27, 2017
The test for me and my family is in May 8.. I am a bit nervous about it
It would be great if the applicants who did their tests share their experience here with us. I know that some did and it was very helpful
Thank you in advance and good luck to all of us :)

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
This morning I just got this message: "We sent you a notice on April 21, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 12, 2017"

Great news!!!
8) 8) 8)

FAND4

Jan 27, 2017
bluezz said:
Cleared my test today. I live in downtown Toronto and my test was at Service Canada location next to Scarborough Town Center.
It was all pretty smooth. I was in and out in 90 minutes. Got 20/20 8)
They ask you to bring all the original documents but the officer only asked me for these : Passports, PR Card, 2 pieces of ID (Health card, Driver's licence) and Landing paper.
The only annoying part was when the officer sat for 15 minutes trying to find entry and exit stamps on my passport for my international trips (there were many) :p
At the end, they had the standard "You will get the oath letter in mail between 2 to 4 months" response.
Hope this info is helpful to someone :D
Can I ask you if your passport was translated? because in my case and in the letter they sent for test invitation (May 8th) they mentioned in one of the papers (Important notice) that all passport stamps, visas.. must be translated.
All passports translation was done and sent when I first applied, but I did not make photocopies of the translation.
Does this mean I have to translate them all over again?
I would really appreciate if you can help.. Thank you!

bluezz

Jul 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAND4 said:
Can I ask you if your passport was translated? because in my case and in the letter they sent for test invitation (May 8th) they mentioned in one of the papers (Important notice) that all passport stamps, visas.. must be translated.
I did not notice my Invitation Letter saying "Passport stamps must be translated" (my yellow color invitation letter).
Luckily I did not have any non-english stamps on my passport. The office very thoroughly went over my stamps though so in my honest opinion, get another translation and take it with you. Just to be safe.
The officer had my complete file and all my original documents. In your case, they might have the translated stamps but it really depends on you and how risk averse you are.
If I were you, I would get the stamps re-translated and take the translation.
Good Luck! :)

FAND4

Jan 27, 2017
bluezz said:
I did not notice my Invitation Letter saying "Passport stamps must be translated" (my yellow color invitation letter).
Luckily I did not have any non-english stamps on my passport. The office very thoroughly went over my stamps though so in my honest opinion, get another translation and take it with you. Just to be safe.
The officer had my complete file and all my original documents. In your case, they might have the translated stamps but it really depends on you and how risk averse you are.
If I were you, I would get the stamps re-translated and take the translation.
Good Luck! :)
Thank you so much bluezz!
You are right, to be on the safe side, I will translate them again.

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
STS20 said:
Any news of February Applicants from Mississauga office for test invite?
Thanks,
T
Finally the wait is going to be over soon: "We sent you a notice on April 20, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment"

I think I'm the 2nd February end applicant who got OATH quickly.

STS20

Mar 5, 2017
Raj_Hoque said:
Finally the wait is going to be over soon: "We sent you a notice on April 20, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 16, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment"

That's a great news. Congratulations.
Thanks,

d-patch

Apr 17, 2017
My application is in process from March 9th (Sent on Feb 20th). I assume I should receive a test day hopefully soon. I'm in Langley BC.

I have a quick question. I lost my job after I have sent the application and my last day was on the 14th of this month. Is it important to update CIC that I no longer work or is it irrelevant? I guess i can always tell it to the officer once i have an interview with the test?

Please let me know what you think.

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
d-patch said:
My application is in process from March 9th (Sent on Feb 20th). I assume I should receive a test day hopefully soon. I'm in Langley BC.

I have a quick question. I lost my job after I have sent the application and my last day was on the 14th of this month. Is it important to update CIC that I no longer work or is it irrelevant? I guess i can always tell it to the officer once i have an interview with the test?

No , I'm sure that won't affect your application.

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
d-patch said:

d-patch it is irrelevant to let them know that you lost your job. During the interview if they ask you be honest that after sending file from that specific day you are jobless...having jobs is not important to get citizenship...Good Luck

bluezz

Jul 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj_Hoque said:

Thats great news! Congratulations! :D