waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
Hi friends,

Both my wife and me passed the test today. It was fairly easy. The lady told me within 2-3 months, we will invited for Oath.

Good luck everybody.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
u4g5 said:
Cam
h3a3j6
IamAlbertan
MGHY
R2D2
SiberianA
Bikar
RahilP06
bunuelbresson

any test inviteo
Nothing yet. My application is in the slowest local office, Edmonton. So im expecting the test invite maybe next year *sigh*

SiberianA

Apr 2, 2014
Hi,
I took and passed the citizenship test on August 6 (Kitchener office). As people said, if you read the Discover Canada book at least once then you should have no problem passing the test. I was surprised by how casual it was - the officers were dressed very casually (I dressed up haha and felt quite out of place lol) and joked and made everyone feel comfortable and less stressed out. The interview with a citizenship officer was pretty quick - he just checked my IDs, entry/exit stamps in my passport and asked if I currently work (I brought a letter from work, tax docs etc but they didn't ask for it). I was told I would be put on the next available oath ceremony and get an oath invitation within 6-8 weeks - apparently, the Kitchener office is rather small and they can only service about 25 people per test/oath, thus the delay.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Application received: February 4, 2014
AOR letter and Discover Canada book sent: February 4, 2014
Started processing: March 21, 2014
AOR and Discover Canada book received: April 7, 2014
Received line disappeared: June 9, 2014
Citizenship Test: August 6, 2014 (passed)
Waiting for the oath invitation

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SiberianA said:
Hi,
I took and passed the citizenship test on August 6 (Kitchener office). As people said, if you read the Discover Canada book at least once then you should have no problem passing the test. I was surprised by how casual it was - the officers were dressed very casually (I dressed up haha and felt quite out of place lol) and joked and made everyone feel comfortable and less stressed out. The interview with a citizenship officer was pretty quick - he just checked my IDs, entry/exit stamps in my passport and asked if I currently work (I brought a letter from work, tax docs etc but they didn't ask for it). I was told I would be put on the next available oath ceremony and get an oath invitation within 6-8 weeks - apparently, the Kitchener office is rather small and they can only service about 25 people per test/oath, thus the delay.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Application received: February 4, 2014
AOR letter and Discover Canada book sent: February 4, 2014
Started processing: March 21, 2014
AOR and Discover Canada book received: April 7, 2014
Received line disappeared: June 9, 2014
Citizenship Test: August 6, 2014 (passed)
Waiting for the oath invitation
congrazzzzz!!!!

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Fingerprinting requested.... fantastic !!!! Got the letter today, did it today as well. Does this make my application non-routine? perhaps...
oh well nothing I could have done differently... more waiting it is...

p.s: my name is quite UNIQUE in my native country, but good to know my namesake is roaming Canada with a criminal record :)

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hahaha that comment just made me chuckle! :D :D Good luck spell binder :)

spellbinder said:
Fingerprinting requested.... fantastic !!!! Got the letter today, did it today as well. Does this make my application non-routine? perhaps...

p.s: my name is quite UNIQUE in my native country, but good to know my namesake is roaming Canada with a criminal record :)

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spellbinder,
when you applied did you include anything additional like employment letter or T4's or whatever? OR did you have many travels?
Also is your employment with the same employer?

just curious to know what causes the fingerprinting thing.

thanks,

spellbinder said:

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
maidentower said:
spellbinder,
when you applied did you include anything additional like employment letter or T4's or whatever? OR did you have many travels?
Also is your employment with the same employer?

just curious to know what causes the fingerprinting thing.

thanks,
is fingerprinting triggered by any of these? doesnt make sense, but its CIC after all ... :)

I have been with the same employer for the application period (same and only employer ever since I graduated from univ) with no gap in employment. I have only included an employment letter with the application, but no T4/NOA. I had 5 travels (3 of them to my country of origin) over the application period, using the 3 weeks of vacation I am entitled to each year, who knows if this qualifies as 'reasonable'....

lala80

Apr 29, 2014
I just received the invitation for the test, but it was just for me, even if I applied together with my husband. Do you know if they send separate letters for each of the applicants? Is it possible to have the interview in different days?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lala80 said:
I just received the invitation for the test, but it was just for me, even if I applied together with my husband. Do you know if they send separate letters for each of the applicants? Is it possible to have the interview in different days?
it's possible they send separately cuz u guys r 2 adults. Do u mind sharing timeline?

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
lala80 said:
Congratulations! Could you share your timeline and local office?