Wish mine is this quick!
envy, enjoy being canadian and dont forget to vote in the next election
Thnxxx alot. Yes next elections are in october and m ready

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
R J said:
Finally, everything is done. Got citizenship certificate today
Congratulations RJ! Did your Received Line disappear before you got the test invitation? If so, could you tell me when?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Bikar said:
Congratulations Soonihope!

Did your 'Received Line' disappear? If so, could you please let me know how long before you were invited to take the test?

Thanks,

Bikar
My received line disappeared in end of April. My test letter dated mid June.

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Bikar said:
Hi Osamaamany, Did your 'Received Line' disappear before you were invited to the test? If so, how long after that were you invited to the test? Thanks, Bikar
Yes, my received line disappear before I invited to the test. It disappeared almost one week to ten days after my e-case updated showing my application is in process ... And then after almost 45 days I called the cic and had been informed that my file transferred to my local office ( Niagara Falls office ) ..and almost after two weeks I saw the update on my e-case showing an invitation to the test and within one week the letter received in my mail...

Frankly, the test invitation came earlier about two month of my expectations, as I expected the test to be in July or August based on what I read from the experience of others..

Any way , what I feel, that any one apply after Feb. 6, 2014 , the date they changed the fees, his application being processed much faster than those applied before Feb. 6, 2014.... You know, $400 dollars as new fees make a remarkable difference in the progress ....

Good luck for every one and wish all the best for every one

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

PLEASE HELP....

I submitted my citizenship application in March, 2014 and it's already in process, but I didn't realize that I had to provide my "proof of employment/work records", so I didn't submit any work records with my application. Has anyone had the same situation? I was just wondering what will happen and if there's anything I should do?

Thank you!

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
batmann said:
Hi all,

PLEASE HELP....

I submitted my citizenship application in March, 2014 and it's already in process, but I didn't realize that I had to provide my "proof of employment/work records", so I didn't submit any work records with my application. Has anyone had the same situation? I was just wondering what will happen and if there's anything I should do?

Thank you!
Phone CIC and explain. They will tell you what to do.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Any way , what I feel, that any one apply after Feb. 6, 2014 , the date they changed the fees, his application being processed much faster than those applied before Feb. 6, 2014.... You know, $400 dollars as new fees make a remarkable difference in the progress ...."

LOL ;D

It would be easy if all they want is just money though.

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was received 13 feb and the processing started 8 april. Security checking was completed on 2nd of june and since then its sitting there to be transferred to the local office. :-\

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelshaer said:
My application was received 13 feb and the processing started 8 april. Security checking was completed on 2nd of june and since then its sitting there to be transferred to the local office. :-\
when did u call CIC?

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
kelshaer said:
Hi Kelshaer,

How do you know your security check has completed? Did you call CIC? Could you please explain?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Bikar

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Munchenxx said:
"Any way , what I feel, that any one apply after Feb. 6, 2014 , the date they changed the fees, his application being processed much faster than those applied before Feb. 6, 2014.... You know, $400 dollars as new fees make a remarkable difference in the progress ...."

LOL ;D

It would be easy if all they want is just money though.
I don't think applications before Feb 6 are any slower. To give you an example, my wife applied in November 2013, received the booklet in March 2014, received an RQ in April and submitted the completed RQ and supporting documents in May (3.5 Kg!!), and she received her test date just today. So, even though she received an RQ, the whole process from the time she applied and her test date is 8 months.

Bikar

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Bikar congrats for your wife test invite. can you tell us what was the reason for RQ and after RQ submission when was the first time you got confirmation that RQ received by CIC and they are processing. Or did you not bother doing any followup call to CIC agent and by surprise you got test date today. what about the CIC website did it show any update like RQ send and RQ received and test date on their portal.

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
blueshirt said:
Bikar congrats for your wife test invite. can you tell us what was the reason for RQ and after RQ submission when was the first time you got confirmation that RQ received by CIC and they are processing. Or did you not bother doing any followup call to CIC agent and by surprise you got test date today. what about the CIC website did it show any update like RQ send and RQ received and test date on their portal.
Thanks Blueshirt,

I don't know why she got the RQ, but she has never worked in Canada and that might be the reason. CIC received her RQ back on May 10, and they sent her the test date on June 29. We received the letter just today, and the ecas has now four lines, line four says they have sent her a test invitation.

Bikar