+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
Thanks. No E-cas change other than the disappearance of received line sometime this month. I phoned cic who told me file was transferred to Hamilton this month. Because we also have a child application I think when the processing starts on child application it usually means adult applications have been moved to local office. I have seen other posts which would suggest that processing of children's application can be a sign that the parent application is moved to local office.
Letter will only be sent when you have a test date. until then no letter.
Hope that information helps
Thanks, it definitely helps!

paniz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2009
Doc's Request.
26-03-2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2009
Med's Request
29-06-2009 & 23-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-07-2009 & 09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
Just call to CIC :D

Our file transfer to local office (Vancouver) , April 8th and she told me anytime from now , we can wait for test.
She told me "do not schedule for a trip for following month :p

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
paniz said:
Just call to CIC :D

Our file transfer to local office (Vancouver) , April 8th and she told me anytime from now , we can wait for test.
She told me "do not schedule for a trip for following month :p
did received line disappear from ecas if thats the case
when did that happen ?
hope you ll get the test invite soon

paniz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2009
Doc's Request.
26-03-2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2009
Med's Request
29-06-2009 & 23-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-07-2009 & 09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
taradil said:
did received line disappear from ecas if thats the case
when did that happen ?
hope you ll get the test invite soon
Thanks. Yes, received line disappeared April 9th .

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand why my received line has not disappeared. I had called CIC yesterday and they told me my file had been transferred to they local office. After reading that people's received line had disappeared when they were transferred to the local office, I thought that maybe, the woman had made a mistake with my file. I called back today to see if my file was really at the local office or not and the CIC guy said that my file was transferred to Surrey on May 16th. So I'm not sure my my received line is still there..... hmmm

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
taradil said:
so received line disappeared one day after file
was transfered
I'd be really careful before deducing this as a general rule. There are many folks who reported the line not disappearing, although the file was sent to the local office (as per their call with call center). In addition, some folks also reported this happening on a day off (Sat, sun or national holiday).

Unless there is an official confirmation from CIC, it's still in the realm of "maybe".

My humble two cents...

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
So today I called CIC to confirm if my application has been transferred to the local office. This is the 3rd time I called them since last week of April this year. I got three different answers from those 3 phone calls I made. First answer from this guy agent, "it doesn't matter where your application is in now when it is currently in process". Second time I called (few weeks after the first call), this lady said my application is already in Edmonton on March 21. Then today, a lady said that my application is "IN TRANSIT" to Edmonton and my application is considered a routine application as of today.

I'm just wondering where do they get the information that they are giving us when we call CIC. Do they have anything in their screen or are they just guessing? ???

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi everybody, I am confused like everybody else as to when the file gets transferir to local office. Some people say that this happens when your received line disappeared but some people have got thir citizenship and they never experiencedisappearance of the receive line. Now if you login into your ecas and click under citizenship and application it says that when your file is in process it means that the file is already in your local office. I think the CIC agents do not have. up to date. informacion. that is my opinion.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Good morning, everyone.

I've been regularly checking kelshaer's sheet and it appears that the ON, BC and NS people have been reporting their "received line" disappearing. I live in Montreal and none of the folks in QC have seen any updates. Did anyone of you guys in QC get any confirmation about their file being transferred or "opened" locally?

Have a great sunday!

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
h3a3j6 said:
Good morning, everyone.

I've been regularly checking kelshaer's sheet and it appears that the ON, BC and NS people have been reporting their "received line" disappearing. I live in Montreal and none of the folks in QC have seen any updates. Did anyone of you guys in QC get any confirmation about their file being transferred or "opened" locally?

Have a great sunday!
what makes u think that received line disappearance
means the file has been transfered
some other people say it means background check has been done

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
taradil said:
what makes u think that received line disappearance
means the file has been transfered
some other people say it means background check has been done
Nothing in particular. I'm trying to see if there is any linkage between the two.

R J

Oct 23, 2013
Hey guys just checked received line disappered .. I hope as everyone said it is a positive sign ..