+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
abhi292000 said:
Hi All,
I got Letter for Citizenship test for 30th July @ 1.30 pm
Please let me know how long does i take once you clear the test for Oath ceremoney
Reason is i m travelling india On 26 Aug and coming back on 27 September
Star Member please advise
Thanks
Abhi
Congratulations! Could you share your timeline?

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Called CIC again today and to my surprise the agent was really nice this time compared to the one I spoke to couple of weeks back. She provided a bunch of information without me even asking for it.

She informed me that my file was transferred to Scarborough last Friday and they should have it soon. Sigh...so Scarborough it is, no quick test date like Mississauga or oath after 2 weeks of test and the new round of waiting begins... but anyways I should be thankful that there is progress

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
spellbinder said:
Called CIC again today and to my surprise the agent was really nice this time compared to the one I spoke to couple of weeks back. She provided a bunch of information without me even asking for it.

She informed me that my file was transferred to Scarborough last Friday and they should have it soon. Sigh...so Scarborough it is, no quick test date like Mississauga or oath after 2 weeks of test and the new round of waiting begins... but anyways I should be thankful that there is progress
Hi Spellbinder,

I am glad to hear that. So this shows that my theory makes sense.

Bikar

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spellbinder said:

Scarborough is the fastest office these days. Mississuaga has slowed down.

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
taradil said:
Hey Bikar
What was your theory :)
Hi Taradil,

I have modified the theory as follows:

1) File is received in Sydney;
3) The Received Line disappears (probably showing a decision made on your file);
4) EITHER you are in line for your test, OR you will receive an RQ;
5) You take the test;
6) You go to the oath ceremony

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:) Not really true, take my case for instance :
Received line disappeared early June (around 5th) and file transfered to local office end of june (23)

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Flocan said:
:) Not really true, take my case for instance :
Received line disappeared early June (around 5th) and file transfered to local office end of june (23)
Thanks for your feedback Flocan. I have modified my theory based on your experience. I strongly believe that the disappearance of the Received Line is directly related to transfer to a local office.

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure if this is correct. My received line is still there and when I called CIC 3 times back in may, they all told me my file had been transferred to my local office on May 8 (I think.. can't recall the exact date right now)