+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Citizenship Applicantions

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And a colleague and friend of mine sent his application the same day, received at Sydney the same day : They started processing his on 18th april (compared to 22th june for me) and he has his test yesterday!!!!

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Guys, cool down. Our app was received by Mississauga local office on May 20th and we are still waiting. Received line is still there. Nobody knows how long time they need in order to send the test invitation. Just relax and enjoy the summer!

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flocan said:
And why not? Look above :
Aplication transfer to local office june-20-2014
Notice to appear to write a citizenship test july 24 2014 at Scarborough
So far your file is going at a very good speed. Just relax and wait.

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Mississauga has slowed down, October applicants are still waiting for test so am I.

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
zulkfal said:
Mississauga has slowed down, October applicants are still waiting for test so am I.
Hi Zulkfal,

Do you know if/when your received line disappeared? What about transfer to a local office?

Thanks for sharing this,

Bikar

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Received line disappeared sometime late May and file was received by Mississauga (local office) on May 19th.

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Just called CIC today (July 10) and was told my application is still in Sydney

Application received: February 27, 2014
Received line disappeared: July 8, 2014

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
spellbinder said:
Just called CIC today (July 10) and was told my application is still in Sydney

Application received: February 27, 2014
Received line disappeared: July 8, 2014
Hi Spellbinder,

I have a feeling that the Received Line disappears a couple of weeks after the file is transferred to a local office. And I also think some agents do not even bother to pull out your file to look at. I also think once the Received Line disappears, it shows either of these two things: 1) you are good and you are in line to be called to take the test (in around two months); OR 2) you will receive an RQ.

Since your Received Line has disappeared, I think your file is in a local office. If you call again and ask another agent, you might get a different answer.

Bikar

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Hi Bikar,

That can very well be the case. This was my first time calling CIC about the status of my application and lets just say I didn't feel comfortable throughout. The agent started off with when I submitted my application and learning that it was just Feb of this year, did the whole 'Citizenship application takes 2-3 years to process, its very optimistic to expect anything happening to your application this early etc etc.', whereas in reality there are February applicants all set for oath (ofcourse I didnt bring that up in the call).

Not sure if the agent actually pulled up my file, but it was a quick 'yup, still at Sydney, Good day...' so who knows...

I hope the received line disappearing means what you think it means, but wont bother calling CIC anytime soon.... :)

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
spellbinder said:
Hi Bikar,

That can very well be the case. This was my first time calling CIC about the status of my application and lets just say I didn't feel comfortable throughout. The agent started off with when I submitted my application and learning that it was just Feb of this year, did the whole 'Citizenship application takes 2-3 years to process, its very optimistic to expect anything happening to your application this early etc etc.', whereas in reality there are February applicants all set for oath (ofcourse I didnt bring that up in the call).

Not sure if the agent actually pulled up my file, but it was a quick 'yup, still at Sydney, Good day...' so who knows...

I hope the received line disappearing means what you think it means, but wont bother calling CIC anytime soon.... :)
Hi Spellbinder,

It's understandable that agents cannot say anything else. They have to say what is officially on the CIC website (24-36 months). The reality is that it could take as little as four months. If you have some work/education history, it should take an average of 8 months. Hope you'll get your test date soon.

Bikar

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Flocan said:
And a colleague and friend of mine sent his application the same day, received at Sydney the same day : They started processing his on 18th april (compared to 22th june for me) and he has his test yesterday!!!!
Hi Flocan,

Could you please explain how you know your background checks were completed on that date? Thanks for sharing this.

Bikar

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Bikar, I was told at least 10 times by cic call center that my file was transfered on 23rd of june and received physically by local office 30th june :)

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Flocan said:
Hello Bikar, I was told at least 10 times by cic call center that my file was transfered on 23rd of june and received physically by local office 30th june :)
Thanks Flocan, but how can I know my background checks are done? Do agents provide such information? Thanks again. Bikar

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes they will if you ask politely but surely if the background checks are complete
They will see it on the file

Bikar

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Flocan said:
Yes they will if you ask politely but surely if the background checks are complete
They will see it on the file
Thanks Flocan. So it seems if your file is transferred to a local office, your background check and everything else is good, and you should just wait for your test date. Bikar