+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Applicants

samiamazigh

Jan 25, 2014
loklokbebe said:
You can travel without a PR card as long as you are visa exempt.
I haven't received my PR card but I am holding a visa exempt passport and just came back from vacation,
there was no problem when I came back
Thank you loklokbebe . do you mind if I ask you from wich country is your passport ?

koti

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Yes, and the funny thing is that they finally updated my application status to In Process after 18 months.

chokh said:
Is it real???
are U still waiting for MR ?
oh,, I am very disappointed cuz I am July 24th applicant and I did not received MR yet.

mine also can be delayed like this,,

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
hopefully it is a good sign.. mine was also updated with similar status around mid of august and after 3 weeks i got RPRF.. so hopefully same for you.

koti said:
Yes, and the funny thing is that they finally updated my application status to In Process after 18 months.

harry0608

Oct 3, 2014
Hi Everybody!

Finally... Finally I've got mail for MR.

My timeline is,
- Apply : 27 Feb 2014
- AOR : 17 Mar 2014

I had some problem with criminal record back in Korea. Got mail from CIC on 9 June 2015.
I brought all my court document and hand it to immigration lawyer. They sent the explanation between Canada and Korea Law system. The response was sent on 8 Aug 2015.

Then I received the mail for MR on 1 Oct. and RPRF on next day.

My question for you guys is I received MR for myself and my wife only, not for my two young kids(they are 17 and 13 year old).

Will they send MR for my kids? They don't need dependant's medical exam?

I have to finish my MR within 30 days, that makes me nervous again.

Look forward to hear your answer...

PS. Thanks guys....everybody of this great forum!
Good luck everybody!!!

samiamazigh

Jan 25, 2014
hello everyone !

After one year and seven months today I got my permanent resident card :) :) :) :) :) :) :).
during my application I got rejected but I never lost the hope and I kept trying .
I wanna thank all the people who help me to get to this , and i really mean it . if it wasn't for the people who helped me here I wouldn't get it .
to the people who is still waiting please never lose the hope and good luck !!!

this my timeline

application sent on feb´13- 2014
aor mar-25-2014
rejected march 12-2015
application in process again May -5-2015
decision made ,this time positive July -31- 2015
landing august 10-2015
pr card received today october 5-2015

sam_786

Oct 5, 2015
IUser said:
Hi Vicky_India & Sktelectric,

No communications yet :(
Was trying to reach out to CIC Customer support couple of times to check my status, they simply said its currently in review. I asked if they have any assignment due date, and they said there is none
One other agent told me that I can expect the next update(Not necessarily the final decision) by December 14 which made me really upset.
I also contacted MP office to help get my status. VO said to MP office that my file is in review. And when they asked what exactly is in review, VO refused to say that.
Right now I'm just losing hope and interest to stay in Canada.

Whats your status? Any progress?
I am in also in the same boat and the CIC customer support agent today said me to wait till December 3.

btw when is your work permit expiring ???

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
sam_786 said:
I am in also in the same boat and the CIC customer support agent today said me to wait till December 3.

btw when is your work permit expiring ???
My work permit is expiring Feb 2016. Im also worried about extending my work permit as I saw something like "You will be allowed to extend your work permit for a period of time that adds up to – but does not exceed – the maximum of four years of work in Canada." And I'm already close to 4 years of work period in Canada. If you follow the link below, you will find the details.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible/four-year-maximum.asp?s=2

I called cic to double check if the same applies for PR applicants as well and he said I can apply but no guarantee i will get it.

can you share your timelines please

leotsik

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
IUser said:
My work permit is expiring Feb 2016. Im also worried about extending my work permit as I saw something like "You will be allowed to extend your work permit for a period of time that adds up to – but does not exceed – the maximum of four years of work in Canada." And I'm already close to 4 years of work period in Canada. If you follow the link below, you will find the details.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-
eligible/four-year-maximum.asp?s=2

I called cic to double check if the same applies for PR applicants as well and he said I can apply but no guarantee i will get it.

You can apply for extension of your BOWP and since your current work permit expired you will be on implied status so you can keep working until decision is made on your BOWP application (it takes about 4 months ) may be it is going to be enough time to get ppr.

sam_786

Oct 5, 2015
IUser said:

My timelines are below

Application filed - Feb 12, 2014
AOR Received - Mar 3, 2014
Got Married - Sep 25, 2014
Submitted spouse documents - Oct 20, 2014
Medicals Requested and RPRF - April 03 (For both) RPRF paid Right away
Medicals done - April 15 (For both)
Request for additional Information regarding spouse - Aug 21, 2015

Since then waiting :( :( :(

sam_786

Oct 5, 2015
Hi IUSER

Also as per my knowledge applying to extend your work permit is different from applying for Bridge work permit. the one ur mentioning above is just open/closed work permit. but we are applying for bridge work permits. please see below. I have seen friends in this forum who have applied for 3rd time bridge work permits and still received them successfully.

Extend your work permit – Economic class applicants
Qualifying applicants currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) may be considered for an open work permit if their current work permit will soon expire.

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, you must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that your permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four economic classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

Seniors correct me if I am wrong.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
No it can be the same.. When I applied for wp after applying for CEC I didn't have AOR.. In my letter of explanation I specifically mentioned this application is for wp extension and not bowp.. That kindly extend my wp by 3 months so I can then get AOR and apply for bowp.. After 3 months I received bowp for that same application which I had sent for wp extension

sam_786 said:
Hi IUSER

Also as per my knowledge applying to extend your work permit is different from applying for Bridge work permit. the one ur mentioning above is just open/closed work permit. but we are applying for bridge work permits. please see below. I have seen friends in this forum who have applied for 3rd time bridge work permits and still received them successfully.

Extend your work permit – Economic class applicants
Qualifying applicants currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) may be considered for an open work permit if their current work permit will soon expire.

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, you must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that your permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four economic classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

Seniors correct me if I am wrong.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
harry0608 said:
Hi Everybody!

Finally... Finally I've got mail for MR.

My timeline is,
- Apply : 27 Feb 2014
- AOR : 17 Mar 2014

I had some problem with criminal record back in Korea. Got mail from CIC on 9 June 2015.
I brought all my court document and hand it to immigration lawyer. They sent the explanation between Canada and Korea Law system. The response was sent on 8 Aug 2015.

Then I received the mail for MR on 1 Oct. and RPRF on next day.

My question for you guys is I received MR for myself and my wife only, not for my two young kids(they are 17 and 13 year old).

Will they send MR for my kids? They don't need dependant's medical exam?

I have to finish my MR within 30 days, that makes me nervous again.

Look forward to hear your answer...

PS. Thanks guys....everybody of this great forum!
Good luck everybody!!!
Great I am so happy for you harry. Do your medical asap and you shall receive PPR in week time.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
samiamazigh said:
hello everyone !

After one year and seven months today I got my permanent resident card :) :) :) :) :) :) :).
during my application I got rejected but I never lost the hope and I kept trying .
I wanna thank all the people who help me to get to this , and i really mean it . if it wasn't for the people who helped me here I wouldn't get it .
to the people who is still waiting please never lose the hope and good luck !!!

this my timeline

application sent on feb´13- 2014
aor mar-25-2014
rejected march 12-2015
application in process again May -5-2015
decision made ,this time positive July -31- 2015
landing august 10-2015
pr card received today october 5-2015
Awesome! congrats; we did my landing on Aug 9, 2015 and received our PR cards in mailbox on Oct 1, 2015

sam_786

Oct 5, 2015
Hi All Feb 2014 applicants

I and IUSER called CIC and they said that we would receive an update by December. Can all of you who are waiting for their PPR after medicals done call CIC and find out if you get the response. we are loosing hopes to get PR :( :( :(

colrainwx1985

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
sam_786 said:
Hi All Feb 2014 applicants

I and IUSER called CIC and they said that we would receive an update by December. Can all of you who are waiting for their PPR after medicals done call CIC and find out if you get the response. we are loosing hopes to get PR :( :( :(
2014 June applicant and MR in Feb. 2015. I called CIC 2 weeks ago. Got the same response. But not guarantee PPR.