+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2014 Applicants

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
koti said:
At least you did medicals. I am still waiting for MR. I'm Feb 2014 applicant.
Sorry to hear that...Did you call them to check your status?

I would recommend you to take upfront Medicals and pay RPRF if you have not done so already as that would cut down little bit of time.

kei

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
koti said:
At least you did medicals. I am still waiting for MR. I'm Feb 2014 applicant.
Are you on second review? I'm June applicant. No MR as well. But compare to you mine waiting looks like a joke. In GCMS note my file is currently in room A900. It has been transferred back and forth at least twice to each room (CEC OFF REV, CEC CA REV, A900). Wonder which room gives the final decision.

sktelectric

Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc - ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Hi Iuser and Vicky _India,

I called CIC for and enquired about my application.
Guy on the phone said, There will be an update/movement on my file in Mid January and advised to enquire again in last week of Jan If I don't hear anything from CIC.
He asked me couple of things and updated my phone number and confirmed address as Moved from province from where I applied.
In between I am waiting for my GCMS notes applied on DEC 02nd.

FYI.. I have been granted BOWP until NOV 2016 and waiting for Visiting visa for my wife in India. They requested for medical exam as the one which she did back in 2015 is expired.

Hope we hear good news in the coming new year.
All the best. Merry Christmas, Happy holidays and New year.

Cheers.

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
sktelectric said:
Hi Iuser and Vicky _India,

I called CIC for and enquired about my application.
Guy on the phone said, There will be an update/movement on my file in Mid January and advised to enquire again in last week of Jan If I don't hear anything from CIC.
He asked me couple of things and updated my phone number and confirmed address as Moved from province from where I applied.
In between I am waiting for my GCMS notes applied on DEC 02nd.

FYI.. I have been granted BOWP until NOV 2016 and waiting for Visiting visa for my wife in India. They requested for medical exam as the one which she did back in 2015 is expired.

Hope we hear good news in the coming new year.
All the best. Merry Christmas, Happy holidays and New year.

Cheers.
Hi Sktelectric,

In my case, they told me to expect an update by early May, not sure why they need 5 more months.

Anyway, I'm also thinking to apply for visitor visa for my husband in India. But afraid of rejection, Can you please tell me how did you apply and the documents you showed for Finance status, purpose of visit, strong ties in India.

Thanks

sktelectric

Dec 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc - ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
IUser said:
Hi Sktelectric,

In my case, they told me to expect an update by early May, not sure why they need 5 more months.

Anyway, I'm also thinking to apply for visitor visa for my husband in India. But afraid of rejection, Can you please tell me how did you apply and the documents you showed for Finance status, purpose of visit, strong ties in India.

Thanks

Hi IUser,

Well regarding visiting visa,
Last year I appled my self BOWP and after granted I applied for TRV and included her in the same application.
Mine was granted in 15 days here in Canada, but it took two months for her to be approved in India.( But on stamping it showed as New York USA- Weird) I didn't submit any financial docs at that time.
she landed in May 2015 and then she has it go back in OCT to visit family.
when she is Canada I opened a Bank account for her.
for financial docs, CIC also mentioned that you can show If your funds are transferred to a Canadian Bank on your name.
I showed 6000$ in her account and as a supporter I showed 8000$ and my pay stubs employment letter.
I also mentioned in a letter that she was here in Canada and left before her expiry date. SO we will do the same again this year( I think it added as a bonus for me).

five days ago they requested medical exam and hopefully she will be back again early feb.

Let me know how your process takes place.

Thanks

chowdh70

Mar 2, 2014
Hello Admin,

After months of waiting, the COPR for me and my husband has finally arrived on the 8th of January 2016. Please update the excel sheet accordingly.

Thank you all for the help and moral support!

Saria

canadacec1234

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2172-2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
29-Jan-2016 Med's Rec'd....: 08-Feb-2016 RPRF Request.: 25-Feb-2016 RPRF Paid......: 25-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
02-Mar-2016 Passport Rec'd: 21-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
chowdh70 said:
Hello Admin,

After months of waiting, the COPR for me and my husband has finally arrived on the 8th of January 2016. Please update the excel sheet accordingly.

Thank you all for the help and moral support!

Saria
Hi Chowdh70,

Congrats.

Is there a particular reason for your COPR delay? Did you get the other requests like medical, passport request etc similar to other?

Just wondering whether yours is a spacial case like adding spouse to the app after you applied for the first time or spouse pregnant?

Please share your thoughts as it will help us understand the wait times.

Thanks,

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
Just call the Canada Revenue Agency. I called them almost everyday for the last 6 months, and they are always super helpful and nice! They should be able to send you a new NoA if you lost your old ones or for any reason.

mayanyunxiao said:
Could some people tell me how to get the NOA(notice of assessment) from Canada Revenue Agency?
I need some paper printout NOA.

mayanyunxiao

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
marmaht said:
Just call the Canada Revenue Agency. I called them almost everyday for the last 6 months, and they are always super helpful and nice! They should be able to send you a new NoA if you lost your old ones or for any reason.
could you please tell me their pone number or website for help?

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
You can call them at 1-800-959-7383
You will need your SIN number and your last taxes papers (they will ask you a few questions such as "what do you have written on line blablabla of your 2014 tax declaration" to check your identity).

chowdh70

Mar 2, 2014
Hello All,

I am so upset at CiC's service. Firstly they have goofed up with my application process numerous times, like when they requested for an updated medical to be sent to Delhi? I did immediately! Called them in the following month and they told me my applpication was with Delhi. So I contacted Delhi and got no response. Then I called back CIC after 6 months of the 2nd medical and then they said my application never went to Delhi?? However they received my 2nd medical but not my husbands. So I literally had to track down my medical from my the doctor and resend it to them. So finally they requested my passport and I have already sent it to them. BUT TODAY THEY ARE SAYING OUR RPRF payment is pending?? I sent that a year ago when they requested it!!!

Because of their terrible service my application is already delayed by 9 months!!! and my second medical is about to expire in the next month aswel....

UGHHH!
I Seriously dont know what to do now??? What do I do?

canadacec1234 said:
Hi Chowdh70,

Congrats.

Is there a particular reason for your COPR delay? Did you get the other requests like medical, passport request etc similar to other?

Just wondering whether yours is a spacial case like adding spouse to the app after you applied for the first time or spouse pregnant?

Please share your thoughts as it will help us understand the wait times.

Thanks,

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
I'm noticing that some of us are receiving RPRF Payment request today. So I called CIC to check that, they told me it could be a batch email that was sent out. Just reply back by attaching the proofs of receipt and you should be fine.

When I just hanged up that call, I got a call from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. He said he has some questions regarding the relationship and asked me series of ques like when I met my spouse, how long we knew each other, etc....Does anyone know how long it takes for them to make a decision after the call? I 'm waiting for PPR almost 9 months now.

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Hello Everyone!

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY got my Ready for Visa email ;D ;D ;D! after almost 2 years of wait over.