Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
sam_786 said:
Hi All Feb 2014 applicants

I and IUSER called CIC and they said that we would receive an update by December. Can all of you who are waiting for their PPR after medicals done call CIC and find out if you get the response. we are loosing hopes to get PR :( :( :(
I called earlier today and they said I should receive feedback by the end of November or maybe soon so I'm just waiting.

canind1983

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
sam_786 said:
Hi All Feb 2014 applicants

I and IUSER called CIC and they said that we would receive an update by December. Can all of you who are waiting for their PPR after medicals done call CIC and find out if you get the response. we are loosing hopes to get PR :( :( :(
I called yesterday and today. yesterday the agent told background check is ongoing. However today the agent did not mention anything and she said the application is still under process and I should call back if I dont hear anything till the end of October.

Dont about what they say. The answers are very random and sometime disheartening. So dont be sad, I know its difficult times but yes they are working and hopefully you will hear something soon.

Best Regards,

Khan112244

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
Hi all;

I am an April applicant and my E cas status change last weak adding three more sentences like,

We received your application for permanent residence on April , 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May , 2014.
We started processing your application on May , 2014.
We sent you correspondence on May , 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you correspondence on June , 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

The same day I got an email for medical request for my wife. Which I send the one she did for work permit but sending via email, i did not get the auto acknowledgement email. I also send it via surface mail. I did for my self an upfront medical and pay the RPRF as well in July 2015. My question is that why they ask me medical again for my wife while I submit it with the document when I was adding her to my application. Her medical is 5 month old only at the moment.

When I should expect a passport request..

Thanks

sam_786

Oct 5, 2015
Colrainwx1985, astro.ca and canind1983 Thanks for your response

But the way CIC is working on our applications i am loosing hopes completely. Moreover my workpernit is expring on dec 4 and i dont think i will get my bowp approved prior to that and will loose my job. My employer does not agree me working on implied status . I have to support my family and when i am job less what best i can do. My wife is on visitor status so she cannot work.

Completely disappointed

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
Khan112244 said:
Hi all;

I am an April applicant and my E cas status change last weak adding three more sentences like,

We received your application for permanent residence on April , 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May , 2014.
We started processing your application on May , 2014.
We sent you correspondence on May , 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We sent you correspondence on June , 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

The same day I got an email for medical request for my wife. Which I send the one she did for work permit but sending via email, i did not get the auto acknowledgement email. I also send it via surface mail. I did for my self an upfront medical and pay the RPRF as well in July 2015. My question is that why they ask me medical again for my wife while I submit it with the document when I was adding her to my application. Her medical is 5 month old only at the moment.

When I should expect a passport request..

Thanks
My situation is similar to yours.

I send medical completion form of my wife to CIC on 7th May 2015 did not receive any confirmation from them.
I received medical request for my wife on 23rd sep 2015. with new IME.
I again sent the medical completion form to CIC on 23rd sep 2015 to CIC in an email, till now i have not received a reply from them.

I do not know what i can do now.

canind1983

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
Doc's Request.
02-06-2015
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
Pending
sam_786 said:
Colrainwx1985, astro.ca and canind1983 Thanks for your response

But the way CIC is working on our applications i am loosing hopes completely. Moreover my workpernit is expring on dec 4 and i dont think i will get my bowp approved prior to that and will loose my job. My employer does not agree me working on implied status . I have to support my family and when i am job less what best i can do. My wife is on visitor status so she cannot work.

Completely disappointed
I agree with you sam_786 and I know its hard when you have dependents. Believe me I was in the same situation. Was laid off after working my a** off for one of the corporate giants :). However I anticipated this to happen and luckily got the BOWP on time and a job in Manitoba.
You do have an option of applying for Employment Insurance. In case you have been paying EI from your salary regularly for a particular duration then you are eligible and can apply when time comes. This amount could be around 500 CAD/week(depends on how much EI you had been paying) and can be paid for max 10 months. I would suggest to go through the following link and be prepared.
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/ei/index.shtml
There are few things which are very important before claiming EI. Like if you voluntarily quit then you may not be eligible for it.

Keep strong my friend. You waited for so long I hope you get through this situation soon.

Best Regards,

Khan112244

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
sab12in said:
My situation is similar to yours.

I send medical completion form of my wife to CIC on 7th May 2015 did not receive any confirmation from them.
I received medical request for my wife on 23rd sep 2015. with new IME.
I again sent the medical completion form to CIC on 23rd sep 2015 to CIC in an email, till now i have not received a reply from them.

I do not know what i can do now.
Hi Sab12;

Its just to let you know that today they send me an email saying that,

Your medical exam results have been received by our office and your application is going through the required assessment process.

An officer will contact you if additional documents are required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this will delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and keeping correspondence with our office to a minimum and up to date. In order to process request efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

My wife did medical in May 2015 which is till valid for more then 6 months.

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Khan112244 said:
Hi Sab12;

Your medical exam results have been received by our office and your application is going through the required assessment process.

An officer will contact you if additional documents are required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within six (6) months as this will delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and keeping correspondence with our office to a minimum and up to date. In order to process request efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Happy to know, CIC is working on old CEC applications.

Processing is very @_ö fast but competing with snails...
@_ö
@_ö
@_ö
@_ö
@_ö

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
Khan112244 said:
Hi Sab12;

Could you please give the date on which you emailed CIC that your wife already completed the medical you said last week but i want to know the date. Mine is already 16 days i still have not received a reply

Khan112244

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
sab12in said:
Could you please give the date on which you emailed CIC that your wife already completed the medical you said last week but i want to know the date. Mine is already 16 days i still have not received a reply
last saturday

bharanim2003

Aug 8, 2013
Hi,

I got email today 29Oct2015 from immigration to submit my passport for permanent resident visa. But my passport is about to expire on 1st May 2016. Which left exactly six months for renewal. But they mentioned in the mail stating " Passports must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages." . Is it oke to submit passport as is . Or else do i need to renew my passport and submit it. Please help me i am bit confused.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
bharanim2003 said:
Hi,

I got email today 29Oct2015 from immigration to submit my passport for permanent resident visa. But my passport is about to expire on 1st May 2016. Which left exactly six months for renewal. But they mentioned in the mail stating " Passports must be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages." . Is it oke to submit passport as is . Or else do i need to renew my passport and submit it. Please help me i am bit confused.
I know someone who had 5 months and 20 something days validity on passport but got it stamped..

bharanim2003

Aug 8, 2013
HI,

Thanks for help. I renewed my passport and submitted it. I also got my COPR and visa stamped in the passport.

Can i work in montreal after landing in toronto. Is that possible or do i need the CSQ ?

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Hi Feb applicants,

Does anyone heard anything form CIC yet? I called them last week and it was really upsetting that they told me to wait until May 2nd and not to call before then. I have completed medicals, paid RPRF in April 2015 but still waiting and they want me to wait for 5 more months!!!! ???

Anyone else tried calling and got any different answer?

koti

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
At least you did medicals. I am still waiting for MR. I'm Feb 2014 applicant.

IUser said:
Hi Feb applicants,

Does anyone heard anything form CIC yet? I called them last week and it was really upsetting that they told me to wait until May 2nd and not to call before then. I have completed medicals, paid RPRF in April 2015 but still waiting and they want me to wait for 5 more months!!!! ???

Anyone else tried calling and got any different answer?