WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
10-11-2014
Djpolarbear said:
Anyone did Flag Polling recently? I'm wondering if it's still allowed.
Hi Friend,

I did flag polling the day before yesterday. I am in New Brunswick. went to the nearest border which is Houlton/woodstock border. I told the USA officer that I had to complete my landing and need to do flag polling. It took around 20 minutes to complete all the paper works. They took my passport and asked my current status in Canada. They didn't even ask for CoPR. After 20 minutes they gave me a white document which was the formal administrative refusal. The officer showed me from where to take the U-turn.
Thats it.
:D

toronto987

Apr 21, 2014
Guys.. I need an opinion/help.

I got my RPRF request on 29th October and I have not yet paid my fees.
This is because i have a travel planned on 19th November and I plan to pay my fees on 19th itself so that if I get a passport request I have ample time after I come back and Submit my passport. I am coming back on 15th December.
Now after this the things are a bit complicated. My wife has a plan to stay till 4 Feb. So I have two options

1) I bring her passport with me to Canada. Post both of them together. Get the formailities done and then send it back to her for her return travel.
2) If I get a request while on holiday, request CIC to arrange for a stamping in India.

Now I have a concerns in both the scenarios.
In Scenario 1, would it be a problem in her immigration if I bring her passport here, get formalities done and then send the passport back home for her travel?
In Scenario 2, if I email CIC for arrangement of Visa outside Canada, they sometimes take more than 20 days to respond. what should be approach in that case as it might lead to further complications.

Please suggest amongst above which is the better approach. I there is any other, it is also welcome.

Thanks in Advace.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
toronto987 said:
Guys.. I need an opinion/help.

I got my RPRF request on 29th October and I have not yet paid my fees.
This is because i have a travel planned on 19th November and I plan to pay my fees on 19th itself so that if I get a passport request I have ample time after I come back and Submit my passport. I am coming back on 15th December.
Now after this the things are a bit complicated. My wife has a plan to stay till 4 Feb. So I have two options

1) I bring her passport with me to Canada. Post both of them together. Get the formailities done and then send it back to her for her return travel.
2) If I get a request while on holiday, request CIC to arrange for a stamping in India.

Now I have a concerns in both the scenarios.
In Scenario 1, would it be a problem in her immigration if I bring her passport here, get formalities done and then send the passport back home for her travel?

Not advisable to do that , but have seen people doing it . So its basically your call.
In Scenario 2, if I email CIC for arrangement of Visa outside Canada, they sometimes take more than 20 days to respond. what should be approach in that case as it might lead to further complications.
Its clearly advised in PPR mail , "If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office." I believe if i would in your place would diligently followed CIC instructions .

Please suggest amongst above which is the better approach. I there is any other, it is also welcome.

Thanks in Advace.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
toronto987 said:
why do you think option 1 is not advisable?
It's illegal to send passport through mail out of India as far as I know.

toronto987

Apr 21, 2014
I'll not send though mail.
I'll personally bring them from India with me and while sending it back my friend will handover it back to her..
So no mails..

what is your opinion now?

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
As I said its your call , My opinion I already shared , I see people doing it.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
toronto987 said:
I'll not send though mail.
I'll personally bring them from India with me and while sending it back my friend will handover it back to her..
So no mails..

what is your opinion now?
An Indian passport should not be carried by someone else except the person who owns it. If you still want to carry her passport, check with Indian embassy on the options. At the most, you might need "Power of attorney" letter signed by your wife. Even if everything is smooth, sending your wife's passport after your return from India is "Technically wrong" because CIC clearly mentions in Passport request email that the person should be in North america to get their stamping done @ Ottawa.

Cheers,
Kunishsa

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
kunishsa said:
An Indian passport should not be carried by someone else except the person who owns it. If you still want to carry her passport, check with Indian embassy on the options. At the most, you might need "Power of attorney" letter signed by your wife. Even if everything is smooth, sending your wife's passport after your return from India is "Technically wrong" because CIC clearly mentions in Passport request email that the person should be in North america to get their stamping done @ Ottawa.

Cheers,
Kunishsa
Thanks for Elaborating Kunisha , Thing is you can do whatever you want to do and I have seen people doing it , Problem what if you are caught doing it then everything becomes illegal . I would not advice doing it that's all.

Its an Individual call.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Gurindar and Kunisha are correct. Carrying someone else's passport may be taken as an identity theft as a worst case scenario. They will eventually sort it out but it's just too much of a hassle.
Getting a letter or affidavit is still not much of a comfort as they can say anyone can get that.

waqas11

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4162, 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
05-Mar-2014
Med's Request
17-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
13-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
02-May-2015
lhyyym said:
My status started on August 13, and I am still waiting for MR. Do not expect anything this year.
Hi lhyyym,

Thanks for your response. Did you provide any letter to CIC to support your case. I was wondering if it is allowed? Also, can we apply for GCMS notes again?

Thanks!

rtaylor

Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3, Feb 2014
AOR Received.
4, March 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
1-10-2014
LANDED..........
8-01-2015
MenicMonday said:
Gurindar and Kunisha are correct. Carrying someone else's passport may be taken as an identity theft as a worst case scenario. They will eventually sort it out but it's just too much of a hassle.
Getting a letter or affidavit is still not much of a comfort as they can say anyone can get that.
I would say that CIC already knew from the application that the other person is not residing in North America.
According to me they should send individual email to that person to stamp it to their respective Canadian Embassy.
As everything is online in their system, It could not bother them to do so instead of making it more complicated.
I do have the same situation for me and my spouse. Waiting for their reply to submit the passport.
I have seen many people going back home to bring their family member`s passport and also seen to get it done without problem (have example of one of my friends).
At the end we can just discuss, even though we have solution, we cant do anything except waiting to get answer from CPC.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
rtaylor said:
I would say that CIC already knew from the application that the other person is not residing in North America.
According to me they should send individual email to that person to stamp it to their respective Canadian Embassy.
As everything is online in their system, It could not bother them to do so instead of making it more complicated.
I do have the same situation for me and my spouse. Waiting for their reply to submit the passport.
I have seen many people going back home to bring their family member`s passport and also seen to get it done without problem (have example of one of my friends).
At the end we can just discuss, even though we have solution, we cant do anything except waiting to get answer from CPC.
Following the rules by CIC strictly is the way to go in any case. For example, I had filled 20+ addresses in my application as that was truly TRUE for me in my last 10 years. I had seen many people skipping the addresses of the places where they stayed for less than 6 months. It is a choice of an individual.

--Kunishsa

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
rtaylor said:
In a perfect world, that's what should happen.
If I may add, those already in Canada should be saved from the hassle of going to the border (or going to an office and take a day off from work) to "land."

Then again that's just me. I've always believed that immigration is a privilege, not a right. As such, I should follow instructions and not have a sense of entitlement just because it's more convenient for me.

rtaylor

Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3, Feb 2014
AOR Received.
4, March 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
1-10-2014
LANDED..........
8-01-2015
MenicMonday said:
In a perfect world, that's what should happen.
If I may add, those already in Canada should be saved from the hassle of going to the border (or going to an office and take a day off from work) to "land."

Then again that's just me. I've always believed that immigration is a privilege, not a right. As such, I should follow instructions and not have a sense of entitlement just because it's more convenient for me.
If you are in Canada, you may not go to Border to complete your landing, I have come to know that when we get our passport back after printing visa, they provide two copies of landing paper that one has to fill in front of the officer.
My friend who recently got his passport, they wrote in his letter that if you reside in Canada you dont need to go to border just go to the given office (by appointment) and complete your landing papers by paying some fees.