+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
Hey when I left Canada there were only few Timmies in Toronto. At those times Country Style and second cup was the big thing. haha. Maybe we can meet in Danforth and I\ll buy you all a souvlaki with pita bread and tzatziki!
Ohhhhhh it's been a lifetime since I've seen the Greek shops on Danforth but I could go for that too. Friends who I correspond with around the world know I ask about the Food all the time. I'm not a gourmet, I just love to eat good cookin' !

Messenger, did you get an e-cas status showing Medical Received ??

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Hi guys!
Hopefully everyone is doing well. I haven't been around for a while because I try to forget my application process :D the less I spend time here the less I worry about my app. ;) There is still so many months to wait..

And congrats Kevin for the AOR :)

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
godisFin said:
And congrats Kevin for the AOR :)
thanks! :)

messenger said:
Hey when I left Canada there were only few Timmies in Toronto. At those times Country Style and second cup was the big thing. haha. Maybe we can meet in Danforth and I\ll buy you all a souvlaki with pita bread and tzatziki!
Tom - sounds like a plan haha...I pick Messini :p Their Gyros and greek fries are amazing!

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
JudyO said:
Ohhhhhh it's been a lifetime since I've seen the Greek shops on Danforth but I could go for that too. Friends who I correspond with around the world know I ask about the Food all the time. I'm not a gourmet, I just love to eat good cookin' !

Messenger, did you get an e-cas status showing Medical Received ??
Ι do not particularly miss it too much to be honest, as I live in Greece and Greek cuisine here is different from what you can get in Canada.

Oh yes! "Medicals received" was in my e-cas in the same day I got my SA last Wednesday March 27th

Cheers

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Godisfin How are you my dear. Its been a while! It's a date then! heheh

Kevin I missed a lot of episodes in the Greek town. Been away 23 years. But you are right, there is lots of nice stuff to taste there but Toronto being a multicultural city there's lots of good things to fulfill your taste buds!

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
Hello everyone! Congratulations to those who got their AORs and SAs! I still havent receive any news about my application but I know it will come in the next few days. Im still keeping my hope alive. haha. I'm making myself busy and decided not to open this forum to avoid overthinking. Dont get me wrong, I am happy for you guys, but seeing my name in a different color makes me worry, so there. Anyways, will update you asap once i receive my SA. Goodluck everyone! :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
inhinyeronina said:
Hello everyone! Congratulations to those who got their AORs and SAs! I still havent receive any news about my application but I know it will come in the next few days. Im still keeping my hope alive. haha. I'm making myself busy and decided not to open this forum to avoid overthinking. Dont get me wrong, I am happy for you guys, but seeing my name in a different color makes me worry, so there. Anyways, will update you asap once i receive my SA. Goodluck everyone! :)
Hi inhinyeronina

I left a message in FB and here inquiring about you. Sorry to hear that you din't have any answer to this time! i pray for you that soon you will see the good news knocking your door.

messenger

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inhinyeronina said:
Wishing you Good Luck inhinyeronina. I am hoping you will get your SA tomorrow or Monday, which is I believe, 20 and 23 days after your SA and that would be in line with others. It's unfortunate about the delay prior to AOR, I don't know why that should happen :(
I hope you application stays on track from here forward.

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
kevin002 said:
Hey y'all! So my wife just got the AoR from the Singapore VO (received on April 1st) :D Hope things move fast from here..apparently Singapore is hoping to cut processing time by 40%! :D It's been a good day. I just finished Sem 4 of my MBA program and got the news on my way home. What's funny is that she pranked me by sending me a text saying that she had received an e-mail from CIC stating that our documentation was incomplete and was being returned!!! Horrible right?!!! My heart almost stopped, and when I called her frantically, all I hear was her cracking up hard! :mad: lol

Hope you guys get the 2nd AoR this week too!

Cheers,
Kev
Great news Kevin!

inhinyeronina

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2013
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
messenger said:
Hi inhinyeronina

I left a message in FB and here inquiring about you. Sorry to hear that you din't have any answer to this time! i pray for you that soon you will see the good news knocking your door.

messenger
Thank you messenger! Sorry, I haven't read your message right away. I dunno why I didnt receive any notification about it.

JudyO said:
Wishing you Good Luck inhinyeronina. I am hoping you will get your SA tomorrow or Monday, which is I believe, 20 and 23 days after your SA and that would be in line with others. It's unfortunate about the delay prior to AOR, I don't know why that should happen :(
I hope you application stays on track from here forward.
Thank you JudyO. Actually today is our 8th anniversary. I'm hoping by tomorrow or by Monday, I will get my SA as an anniversary gift for me and my husband. *fingers-crossed* :)

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevin002 said:
Hey y'all! So my wife just got the AoR from the Singapore VO (received on April 1st) :D Hope things move fast from here..apparently Singapore is hoping to cut processing time by 40%! :D It's been a good day. I just finished Sem 4 of my MBA program and got the news on my way home. What's funny is that she pranked me by sending me a text saying that she had received an e-mail from CIC stating that our documentation was incomplete and was being returned!!! Horrible right?!!! My heart almost stopped, and when I called her frantically, all I hear was her cracking up hard! :mad: lol

Hope you guys get the 2nd AoR this week too!

Cheers,
Kev
Congrats, Kevin! That's good news!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
messenger said:
Kalyvia, and then off to Caffe Demetre for desert... Drool.

When we start our settlement, we will be living on one of the side roads parallel to the Danforth, at the Broadview end.

Z.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
zardoz said:
Kalyvia, and then off to Caffe Demetre for desert... Drool.

When we start our settlement, we will be living on one of the side roads parallel to the Danforth, at the Broadview end.

Z.
I do not remember kalyvia (Huts in Greek) but Demetre's cafe can seriously compete to the desserts we have here in the old country. Actually Demetre was opened in the late 80's i wasn't sure if he is still in business! Great
Luck you you to live near Broadway! Over looking the Don Valley and the Bloor bridge!
I tell you what Zardoz. we will get the desserts from Demetre (Millfay,Profiterol, Tiramisu, Sokolatina tourta) and we'll come to your place to enjoy the sweets with the view
m.

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
messenger said:
Hi abscott

Medicals should be done a late as possible before you actually send your apps. Medicals have a validity of one year so its advisable to leave them for just few days before you go to the post office. There is no dental required

Try to complete your apps by your self. Why should you go out paying? Now of course if you wish to have an expert to do this for you its really up to you but i cannot answer about this!

I placed all our photos in a Word document as most of our photos are digital. I sorted them out 3 per page so they are not too small and i placed a caption explaining who is in the photo, where and when it was taken next to each photo.
Other members here placed the captions below the photos and others had send individual photos and wrote in the back (although I wouldn't recommend it for you because the person who will read the photos must nturn the photo to the back to read the captions

The requirement for visa photos for the principal applicant is 8 photos as per the instructions of your regional guide!

Good luck!
messenger
Thanks a lot Messenger...I'm done with the photos now, will print them by Sunday need to buy photo paper for the photos.

We find it hard to get through the CIC for my husband's date of permanent residency as needed in the Sponsor Questionnaire.

Then we will have the certified true copies of our legal documents. Then we could have our medical so that I could encode all our forms online...

Thanks a lot to all of you for guiding us...