+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
messenger said:
Hi Sweden, how are you. Nice to see you here :)

Another question if you don't mind dear.
In my SA and guess in everyone's SA it says that You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing

Do they send all the Applicant's apps and proofs to the VO by regular mail individually or they wait for others and send them in batches?

I am not asking out of anxiety but only out of curiosity.

My best regards to you and the hubby!
Tom
Hey there! I'm good but super busy as I started working 1 month ago, less time for the forum but I still keep an eye! :) Hope you and Aspa are doing well.
For the file transfer - from what I understand, some of it is transferred electronically once the SA is done, but the physical file moves a bit later, and they most likely wait to have a few to send to the VO. SO they do travel in batches, and not by regular mail, but I think diplomatic mail - given the number of files moving from Canada to outland VO, they probably have their own system.
Good luck - and best regards to you and your wife!
Sweden

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
zardoz said:
I'm sure that it was discovered that they send them in batches. The thread was on here somewhere, but a search might find it.
Hi Zardoz

Thanks I will search

Sweden said:
Hey there! I'm good but super busy as I started working 1 month ago, less time for the forum but I still keep an eye! :) Hope you and Aspa are doing well.
For the file transfer - from what I understand, some of it is transferred electronically once the SA is done, but the physical file moves a bit later, and they most likely wait to have a few to send to the VO. SO they do travel in batches, and not by regular mail, but I think diplomatic mail - given the number of files moving from Canada to outland VO, they probably have their own system.
Sweden
Hey congrats for landing a job. Now you wont feel bored!
Aspa is one of the same but as she just completed her first trimester we are hoping that the symptoms will subside. She has to be hospitalized again though for few days to take on some IV to refresh her system a bit!

i agree. Sending individual packages for each applicant is not only expensive but also unsafe. Sending in batches in diplomatic bags must be the correct procedure!

Thank you dear and enjoy your new job
Tom

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
YAYYYYYYYYYYY

Got AOR and PPR from Vienna

They emailed me yesterday but i only saw it today......in my dreams...

Happy 1st of April everyone!

May we all have a month of no lies but of good news!
Ha ha ha You Got me. My breath stopped!!!

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
Sweden said:
Sweden
Hi Sweden, may I ask if my husband his to change his status with the DFA in Canada because he's been married before but been a widower before we got married? Will it be advantageous if we use his ID number when he became a permanent resident of Canada? Where can he request for another resident card because he has misplaced his resident card, he cant' remember the date when he became a permanent resident which we need to put in item 9 of the Sponsor Questionnaire and what visa office issued the permanent residency which is also asked there.

Thank you so much all of you have been so helpful to all of us as we do the application. God bless everyone...

abscott

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi all
Because the Vienna Spreadsheet ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjvSDmSjyQZ0dE5DZk9Ua2ViTDRGZXhrM0w3V2xtdVE#gid=0 ) accommodated VO applicants throughout the past few years and due to the fact that it was open for editing to all, some of the formulas were erased and thus the sheet was not in its best condition.
To anyone who is entering his/her own info in the Vienna Spreadsheet for 2013 applicants please note that I copied some formulas there to calculate # of days automatically.
When you Edit the sheet saves itself automatically!

2013 is clearly marked with a cyan background in order to separate it from the previous years

You need only to enter info in the following cells :

1. User name
2. Application sent
3. Sponsorship approved
4. AOR Vienna
5. PPR
6. Visa received
7. LANDED
8. Comments

The rest of the columns need not be edited as the are calculated fields that will produce proper days count
These columns are:

1. Days to approval
2. Days from sponsor approval to AOR
3. Days from sponsor approval to PPR
4. Days from PPR to visa received
5. Days from sponsor approval to visa received
6. Total days from AOR, up to Today/Visa Received

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me
messenger
Regards

reservoirdog

Star Member
Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all.
My application was received in Missisauga on Feb 22. AOR on March 5th and nothing ever since.
I see that from the spreadsheet the other times were much faster. Should I expect my package to be returned or something?

reservoirdog

Star Member
Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update: I just logged in to ECAS and it says:

Application Status
Decision Made

and

Permanent Residence Application Status
Application Received

Is it a bad thing?

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
reservoirdog said:
Hi all.
My application was received in Missisauga on Feb 22. AOR on March 5th and nothing ever since.
I see that from the spreadsheet the other times were much faster. Should I expect my package to be returned or something?
Hi there.
I understand how you feel! I believe and as long as you already have an AOR you may go ahead and call the CIC call center!
Not gonna hurt you at all.

A forum friend from our February thread was waiting too and when he decided to call he found out what was the problem and it was rectified quickly!

I wish you good luck
messenger

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
reservoirdog said:
Update: I just logged in to ECAS and it says:

Application Status
Decision Made

and

Permanent Residence Application Status
Application Received

Is it a bad thing?
Why don't you check you spam folder just in case. The email for SA usually comes in from a different address than the one for AOR.
If it went on e-cas the email is either in your inbox- or spam or is coming soon
Be patient

Good luck

reservoirdog

Star Member
Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, we check the spam folder daily.
However, my description says:

We sent you a letter on March 27, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

But I thought that giving them an email address would automatically mean the were gonna send you emails, not letters. Am I wrong?
We got the AOR by email in fact

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
reservoirdog said:

We sent you a letter on March 27, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

But I thought that giving them an email address would automatically mean the were gonna send you emails, not letters. Am I wrong?
This is what they said in my notification too. Are you sure you didn't accidentally delete the email? And actually mine was also on 27th

Funny!!!

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
reservoirdog said:

I had the same thought as you. By chance did you use a representative/lawyer? I logged into ecas and realized I had a decision made but no email and waited almost a week until it dawned on me that they might have sent it to my lawyer. I contacted him and he said he had forwarded the email to me but apparently I didn't get it. He then resent the SA. If you used a representative they probably emailed it to that person. If not, I would wait a bit longer and contact them!! Good luck and keep us posted.

PcDm7

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala via Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
Hey R-dog,

We got the same ECAS wording as you. Our representative sent us the email 1 day later. I'm sure you have your SA :)

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medicals update

Hey Guys!
I see that some folks who have applied after my date at New Delhi VO have their medical status updated (medicals received).
In my case, when I check online (using the client ID for both sponsort & the applicant) it just says 'Application Received' and the medical status is not yet updated.
How can i make sure if the medical report I have sent to New Delhi wasn't misplaced or not properly received?
I checked with the panel physician where my wife had done the medicals and they verified that they have sent all the medicals till date.
I'm concerned and not interested in hearing that ND VO has lost my medicals after 6 months and then I have to wait for 3 extra months for the medicals to be sent again. I appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks! And goodluck to everyone!
Namachii

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Re: Medicals update

Namachii said:
Hey Guys!
I see that some folks who have applied after my date at New Delhi VO have their medical status updated (medicals received).
In my case, when I check online (using the client ID for both sponsort & the applicant) it just says 'Application Received' and the medical status is not yet updated.
How can i make sure if the medical report I have sent to New Delhi wasn't misplaced or not properly received?
I checked with the panel physician where my wife had done the medicals and they verified that they have sent all the medicals till date.
I'm concerned and not interested in hearing that ND VO has lost my medicals after 6 months and then I have to wait for 3 extra months for the medicals to be sent again. I appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks! And goodluck to everyone!
Namachii
Not all results show. Don't worry. Its just a computer system that is updated rarely. Your doctor sent the medicals off and now wait. Cic will contact you if there's a problem. But don't rely too much on ecas.