+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

needVisa25

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iay said:
Hi batchmates!

My husband got a remedical request email from embassy yesterday. He will do the remedical before this week ends.
Hoping to get DM soon after that.

Good vibes to everyone!! 8)
I thought the medical was valid for a year? Why would they ask you to do it before that?

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
needVisa25 said:
I thought the medical was valid for a year? Why would they ask you to do it before that?
My husband did a pretty early initial medical examination, which expired last August. So yea, he had to do it again.
But you are right, medicals have 1 year validity, he did his last August 2012.

mrs_d

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
03-25-2013
File Transfer...
03-25-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-14-2013
we are on the same boat Iay!

My husbands medical expired as well first week of August and we received an email from CEM stating that we need to do his medical again.

Iay said:
My husband did a pretty early initial medical examination, which expired last August. So yea, he had to do it again.
But you are right, medicals have 1 year validity, he did his last August 2012.

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
messenger said:
Hello to all and thank you skas13. C_farah congratulations my dear friend. Wishing you the best on your new life!

Mother and baby are doing fine, and she is my little treasure and a feature Canadian. (she is getting her citizenship through me) Her name is Leto-Maria (Leto was the mother of Apollo and Artemis from our ancient Greek culture!)

Skas13 I have been following your happiness in FB and now you guys are a complete family once again and Junayd loves it there. He is a very lucky man to have such a loving family.

As for our app progress nothing doing so far. Vienna has proved that is the slowest of all VO's. Although it was never on strike it has not given a single COPR or any other notice to any applicant since December 2012. A few months ago it's processing time was 9 months and now is 12 months but with no change in the attitude. Let's see if now they can wake up from their deep sleep!

BTW. Is there anyone here in February thread willing to take over being admin for our spreadsheet? I don't have a major problem administering it but now with the newborn, time seems more precious to me! If someone's interested please give me a shout!

Regards to all and God bless

Tom
Congratulations Tom,
Happy for you and your wife that God has given you a great gift of a beautiful baby girl.
Atleast that is something to bring lots of joy and sweet memories especially during waiting period.
May God bless you and grant the little angel all the blessings in life.
Rose13

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
mrs_d said:
we are on the same boat Iay!

My husbands medical expired as well first week of August and we received an email from CEM stating that we need to do his medical again.
My husband will do his remed before this week ends, hopefully it is not long til we get our their Visas!!

All the best to your app :)

mrs_d

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
03-25-2013
File Transfer...
03-25-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-14-2013
Iay said:
My husband will do his remed before this week ends, hopefully it is not long til we get our their Visas!!

All the best to your app :)
Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers once it's received by CEM visa will soon be release. Keep me posted. My hubby will go on Monday for his. Where did your husband booked his exam?

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
mrs_d said:
Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers once it's received by CEM visa will soon be release. Keep me posted. My hubby will go on Monday for his. Where did your husband booked his exam?
My husband is actually on his way to do a remedical today. He's going to the St. Lukes extension clinic in Ermita :) i hope there's no hassle during the remed, il keep you posted sis :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Rose13 said:
Congratulations Tom,
Happy for you and your wife that God has given you a great gift of a beautiful baby girl.
Atleast that is something to bring lots of joy and sweet memories especially during waiting period.
May God bless you and grant the little angel all the blessings in life.
Rose13
Hi Rose and thank you so much!

She has indeed taken possession of my heart and my soul. Made waiting for my wife's COPR a little less harder!
God bless all little children

How are your apps coming up dear?

Tom

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi Everyone

We got an email from Accra asking for meds. We have already sent meds, and online it says "meds received". The meds were done in October 2012. My guess is they are asking for new meds as these have expired? I believe meds are only good for one year? I am asking because on the email all they do is request for meds, they do say because yours are expired.

We are having this treated in Accra, because although my husband is born in NIger (which we would have to send the papers to Dakar) he also has Benin citizenship, which for Benin you send to Accra your papers. Last time we had the meds done, the doctor in Niger insisted to send to Dakar, but ended up sending the results to Mississaugua because he did not want to send them to Accra. Does it make a difference where the results are sent? I called CIC and this rather rude service agent told me it doesn't matter because they all get scanned into one system...BUt he did not seem very knowledgeable....

Lastly, when they ask for meds, is this because the processing is done? Usually they ask for the meds at the end of the cycle I think? And I assume if they ask for the meds it is because they are going to give my husband the visa otherwise why would they ask?

Sorry for the long winded email but I need some help please! :'(

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
Daisyd5 said:
Hi Everyone

We got an email from Accra asking for meds. We have already sent meds, and online it says "meds received". The meds were done in October 2012. My guess is they are asking for new meds as these have expired? I believe meds are only good for one year? I am asking because on the email all they do is request for meds, they do say because yours are expired.

We are having this treated in Accra, because although my husband is born in NIger (which we would have to send the papers to Dakar) he also has Benin citizenship, which for Benin you send to Accra your papers. Last time we had the meds done, the doctor in Niger insisted to send to Dakar, but ended up sending the results to Mississaugua because he did not want to send them to Accra. Does it make a difference where the results are sent? I called CIC and this rather rude service agent told me it doesn't matter because they all get scanned into one system...BUt he did not seem very knowledgeable....

Lastly, when they ask for meds, is this because the processing is done? Usually they ask for the meds at the end of the cycle I think? And I assume if they ask for the meds it is because they are going to give my husband the visa otherwise why would they ask?

Sorry for the long winded email but I need some help please! :'(
I believe you're almost at the end of the finish line too :) my husband got a remedical request as well, they did not say in the email that it is because the first one expired, but we knew and we were expecting for it already.

It will be in no time after you do your remedicals. :)

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Iay said:
I believe you're almost at the end of the finish line too :) my husband got a remedical request as well, they did not say in the email that it is because the first one expired, but we knew and we were expecting for it already.

It will be in no time after you do your remedicals. :)
From your lips to Gods ears!

Did you have to send anything or the doc did? Where did he send ur meds?

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
mrs_d said:
Hi! What's CEM?

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
Daisyd5 said:
From your lips to Gods ears!

Did you have to send anything or the doc did? Where did he send ur meds?
The clinic will forward the result to the embassy.
By the way, CEM means Canadian Embassy in Manila :)

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Iay said:
The clinic will forward the result to the embassy.
By the way, CEM means Canadian Embassy in Manila :)
Ah ok :) thanks :)

Does anyone know how long after u send ur meds to they get back to you?

Passport2Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-2-2013
AOR Received.
25-2-2013
Med's Done....
5-2-2013
Passport Req..
3-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2014
Its been a month and a half since I received my passport request. There has been no change in my ecas status since I applied in February however. I do not know if I have DM or not, or if my papers are already in queue for printing. So about a month after PPR I emailed CIC to confirm that they had at least received my passport copy. Three weeks later, still no response to my email. So I decided to call CIC. That was a waste of time as well. You can only get status info from the call centre if you applied inland. I was told to contact Ottawa directly, and of course there is no number listed to contact them other than by email or fax. :mad: