+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application - Interviews Abroad?

loverly

Mar 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
AOR Received.
20-07-2010
File Transfer...
07-07-2010
Med's Done....
14-05-2010
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this question has been answered in some way, shape or form in a previous thread, but I would just like some clarification on the topic of the dreaded interview.

We are applying outland via the London office. I know that the usual course of action is for the interview to be held in London. My first question is, whether both of us (me, the sponsor, and him, the one being sponsored) will be required to be present for the interview.

My second question is, what if he is in Canada at the time when they request an interview? This is of course assuming that answer to my first question is that he is the only one who needs to be interviewed. Will he be expected to fly back to England to attend the interview, or do they make exceptions if the person is already here, i.e. you can have the interview at a local office? I just think that it's pretty unfair of them to force you to do an interview in a certain place, because who's to say what your particular situation is. To expect you to have enough funds to buy a plane ticket just to attend an interview is kind of unreasonable, in my opinion.

I am hoping we do not even have to worry about any of this, since our situation is fairly straightforward. We have been dating for almost 2 years now and have been living together for the past year, with plenty of evidence (joint account, his name on my insurance and benefits, lease, bills, communication when we weren't together, friends and family), so I can't really see why they would doubt the genuineness of our relationship.

Sorry for rambling on, and thank you for any advice. Good luck to everyone else in their applications!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Not everyone has to interview. If your case is straightforward and you present plenty of evidence and do everything right, you typically don't have to go to to an interview. They only interview if they have more questions. Keep in mind that a common law or conjucal relationship are more likely to need an interview. Usually only the applicant has to interview.

If he does need an interview, then yes, you do have to go to London. That's one of the few disadvantages to the 'outland while visiting Canada' process. But, as you say, if it's straightforward usually you don't have to interview. Keep in mind that the interview can be really expensive even for people who are in their country of origin.. people having to fly to Buffalo from the West Coast, for example. They don't really care at all about your situation or the expense.