+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

dalia refaat

Nov 19, 2012
Line.a said:
You can extend your stay as a visitor in Canada apply around 30 days before your current visa runs out and wait for a reply. You'd go on implied status if you haven't heard from them and you have received a confirmation about the extension. It costs 150 I believe but I'm not too sure. It all depends. Outland is the way to go if you're visa excempt and do not need a visa to enter Canada but inland you're able to stay in Canada but cannot leave until you get DM. You'd also need to apply for an open work permit along with the inland application which gives you implied status in Canada.
Thank you Line , okay what you mean is that yes i can stay in canada with my visitor visa while applying outland?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Yes but you'd need to apply for an open work permit that needs to be sent along the inland PR application. With the pending work permit you are on implied status and therefore you do not need to extend your stay as a visitor. If your visitors visa run out before you apply for PR you'd need to extend it online as soon as you can. They prefer you extending your stay at least 30 days before your current one runs out. Mind you inland applications are currently taking between 14-16 months to complete. The work permit will be sent to you around 6-10 months into the process. Sometimes it take longer or less, it's difficult to say for sure. Hope this helps :)

dalia refaat

Nov 19, 2012
Line.a said:
Yes but you'd need to apply for an open work permit that needs to be sent along the inland PR application. With the pending work permit you are on implied status and therefore you do not need to extend your stay as a visitor. If your visitors visa run out before you apply for PR you'd need to extend it online as soon as you can. They prefer you extending your stay at least 30 days before your current one runs out. Mind you inland applications are currently taking between 14-16 months to complete. The work permit will be sent to you around 6-10 months into the process. Sometimes it take longer or less, it's difficult to say for sure. Hope this helps :)
Thanks Line, no well apply outland not inland. so how long can i stay in canada with my husband if we applied outland ? i already have the visitor visa for 3 years but i know i can't stay more than 6 months per stay right ? so this means i have to go out of canada ( say like to the us for a week or so ) and then back in and stay another 6 months right ?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
dalia refaat said:
Thanks Line, no well apply outland not inland. so how long can i stay in canada with my husband if we applied outland ? i already have the visitor visa for 3 years but i know i can't stay more than 6 months per stay right ? so this means i have to go out of canada ( say like to the us for a week or so ) and then back in and stay another 6 months right ?
That I'm not entirely sure about. I'd give whoever is responsible for issuing your visa a call to confirm if you'd need to leave every 6 month, but it would make sense that you won't have to. Because if you do leave and come back and will get in trouble with the Canadian border your Outland app may be jeopardized.

dalia refaat

Nov 19, 2012
Line.a said:
That I'm not entirely sure about. I'd give whoever is responsible for issuing your visa a call to confirm if you'd need to leave every 6 month, but it would make sense that you won't have to. Because if you do leave and come back and will get in trouble with the Canadian border your Outland app may be jeopardized.
Great thanks Line so much

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14

karlacurly

Aug 2, 2013
hi thanks for the insight approval of sponsorship was sent thru email. im just getting worried that maybe something went wrong.... :'( :'(

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
karlacurly said:
hi thanks for the insight approval of sponsorship was sent thru email. im just getting worried that maybe something went wrong.... :'( :'(
Don't worry if your sponsorship was approved then your app has been forwarded to Manila. So you shouldn't have to worry about it being returned due to not submitting a medical. They will instead request a medical later; most likely when they request your passport. The only downside is that your application will probably take about a month longer to process than it would have if the medical had been supplied with the application.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Line.a said:
Oh man you are SO right haha. You guys are Outland though, right? I am genuinely stuck with an inland application and I'm probably 5 months out of 14 or so I wanna work so bad lol!!! Yah work is going to be tough thank goodness for coffee and chocolate - equals energy! I am going to be beyond stoked to get my 1st paycheque! The lottery would just be the top of the ice cream hahaha I'd pass out probably. Money is so tight on man. Hot out? It's kind of chilly here in Calgary with rain all the time lol. :)
Yeah, I'm outland applicant but I came to Canada right after we got the sponsor approval. :)
I'm in Toronto and it was SO HOT in July!! Now it's nice here, and no more excuses to skip running. :p

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
godisFin said:
Yeah, I'm outland applicant but I came to Canada right after we got the sponsor approval. :)
I'm in Toronto and it was SO HOT in July!! Now it's nice here, and no more excuses to skip running. :p
I have no idea why we didn't pick Outland. We got caught up in so much work when I was on my IEC visa so I wasn't too concerned about plus I already had trouble coming to Canada last time so I was too scared to leave and come back.. But I had no clue inland would take this long haha. Oh yeah I'm glad I don't live in Ontario too hot hahaha. I like Alberta :)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Line.a said:
I have no idea why we didn't pick Outland. We got caught up in so much work when I was on my IEC visa so I wasn't too concerned about plus I already had trouble coming to Canada last time so I was too scared to leave and come back.. But I had no clue inland would take this long haha. Oh yeah I'm glad I don't live in Ontario too hot hahaha. I like Alberta :)
Inland takes a long time.. that sucks!! But with the strike London is not too fast either...
Yeah, being a Scandinavian, I'm used to heat wave warnings at +27C (LOL), Ontario's weather is way too hot! We are currently around +23C and this is supposed to be cool. :D But I hope I'll get used to it at some point. And thank god for AC. :p

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
godisFin said:
Inland takes a long time.. that sucks!! But with the strike London is not too fast either...
Yeah, being a Scandinavian, I'm used to heat wave warnings at +27C (LOL), Ontario's weather is way too hot! We are currently around +23C and this is supposed to be cool. :D But I hope I'll get used to it at some point. And thank god for AC. :p
Does it get that hot in Finland? I'm from Denmark originally but it never got anywhere above 30 lol. We had 35 degrees a month ago on Canada day and that was just unbarable. We got no AC so that's tough but it's always windy here so it's not too too bad. Yeah no kidding that is hot lol. Then it's good slurpees are cheap eh :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
All the bits of Europe that are away from the North Atlantic Current are subject to large temperature ranges.
Even the UK, with the benefit of the NAC, has had temperatures into the high 20's this last few weeks, and that's not that common.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
zardoz said:
All the bits of Europe that are away from the North Atlantic Current are subject to large temperature ranges.
Even the UK, with the benefit of the NAC, has had temperatures into the high 20's this last few weeks, and that's not that common.
I remember Essex being very hot in summers. I used to live there for 4 years before I moved out here. I miss the nature :)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Line.a said:
Does it get that hot in Finland? I'm from Denmark originally but it never got anywhere above 30 lol. We had 35 degrees a month ago on Canada day and that was just unbarable. We got no AC so that's tough but it's always windy here so it's not too too bad. Yeah no kidding that is hot lol. Then it's good slurpees are cheap eh :)
This summer has been hot in Finland... surprise because I'm not there! Last summer I was there and it was barely +20C and rainy almost every day :D LOL.
There might be some peaks every summer when it gets closer to +30C there, but normally it's near +20C's.
We had wedding celebration few weeks ago a bit north from Toronto and it was over +40C :D I almost got a heat stroke in my dress :D I've never actually had a slurpee.. I always go for ice coffee or ice cream! :)