+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

Kazuma

Mar 12, 2013
Guys what does AoR means? Is it that the CIC-M says that they have received our applications? and the applicant's documents were sent to the VO of whatever country they prefer?

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kazuma said:
Guys what does AoR means? Is it that the CIC-M says that they have received our applications? and the applicant's documents were sent to the VO of whatever country they prefer?
AOR from CPC-M (Mississauga) is the notice of receipt of your application.

Stage 1 is the Sponsor's application - the AoR is acknowledgment of receipt of your application and the date it was received.
Receiving this AoR, as far as I can tell, also usually means they have now started processing your STAGE 1, Application to Sponsor

It's also a comforting sign as we feel like we are officially in the system and our file isn't lost in a black hole.

When they finish processing your SPONSOR application in Mississauga, they put "Decision Made" on your file on Ecas
and they send you the Decision - by email or by regular postal mail.

On a positive Decision Made email (or letter) they tell you the application has been forwarded to the overseas Visa Office for processing.
and they list the name of the office.

Then comes another waiting period. The waiting now is for the overseas Visa Office to send acknowledgment to the Applicant.

The person who is wanting to come to Canada to live, the Applicant, will be sent an AOR from the overseas Visa office.

For some this may be a month after the Notice of Decision Made their Sponsor received from CPC-M, or maybe much longer, the spreadsheet is helpful is seeing real timelines for applicants from various VO's. Some may be less than one month.

And after that ... who knows. We all sit and wait and hope for the best.
The Primary Applicant will receive all other correspondence from the Visa Office - request for more documents, request for Interview or the BEST request (in many cases) request for Passport. :)

[I wrote 'in many cases' because reading here I've learned that Delhi and maybe other places request the passport before they process the application. So sending the passport is routine there. I'm under the impression in many places a request for passport means they have approved the application and they are ready to issue the Visa. - I stand to be corrected on this.]

Good luck in your process.

Kazuma

Mar 12, 2013
JudyO said:
AOR from CPC-M (Mississauga) is the notice of receipt of your application.

Stage 1 is the Sponsor's application - the AoR is acknowledgment of receipt of your application and the date it was received.
Receiving this AoR, as far as I can tell, also usually means they have now started processing your STAGE 1, Application to Sponsor

It's also a comforting sign as we feel like we are officially in the system and our file isn't lost in a black hole.

When they finish processing your SPONSOR application in Mississauga, they put "Decision Made" on your file on Ecas
and they send you the Decision - by email or by regular postal mail.

On a positive Decision Made email (or letter) they tell you the application has been forwarded to the overseas Visa Office for processing.
and they list the name of the office.

Then comes another waiting period. The waiting now is for the overseas Visa Office to send acknowledgment to the Applicant.

The person who is wanting to come to Canada to live, the Applicant, will be sent an AOR from the overseas Visa office.

For some this may be a month after the Notice of Decision Made their Sponsor received from CPC-M, or maybe much longer, the spreadsheet is helpful is seeing real timelines for applicants from various VO's. Some may be less than one month.

And after that ... who knows. We all sit and wait and hope for the best.
The Primary Applicant will receive all other correspondence from the Visa Office - request for more documents, request for Interview or the BEST request (in many cases) request for Passport. :)

[I wrote 'in many cases' because reading here I've learned that Delhi and maybe other places request the passport before they process the application. So sending the passport is routine there. I'm under the impression in many places a request for passport means they have approved the application and they are ready to issue the Visa. - I stand to be corrected on this.]

Good luck in your process.
Thanks JudyO!

I know i already asked what AoR means before to messenger. I just forgot. (Brain Farts) I submitted my application package last Feb. 8. CanadaPost sent me an notification saying that they have delivered the package last Feb. 11., and then I received an email from CIC-M (Feb. 22) saying that they have received my Application package., Then I received another email from CIC-M last Mar. 5 saying that I am eligible as a sponsor and the documents or PR application of my spouse was forwarded to Manila VO (so that was the SA if im correct?), and then here I am, biting my nails non-stop ever since that last email from CIC-M. So I guess I am on the second stage now? Which is basically driving me nuts. Literally!. I am trying to do everything to get my head away from thinking about the "waiting game" and all. It appears that everything that i am trying to do is not that effective. :(

Wishing us all a good (and hopefully fast) processing time.
(Hope I am still alive when she gets her VISA!)

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kazuma said:
Thanks JudyO!

I know i already asked what AoR means before to messenger. I just forgot. (Brain Farts) I submitted my application package last Feb. 8. CanadaPost sent me an notification saying that they have delivered the package last Feb. 11., and then I received an email from CIC-M (Feb. 22) saying that they have received my Application package., Then I received another email from CIC-M last Mar. 5 saying that I am eligible as a sponsor and the documents or PR application of my spouse was forwarded to Manila VO (so that was the SA if im correct?), and then here I am, biting my nails non-stop ever since that last email from CIC-M. So I guess I am on the second stage now? Which is basically driving me nuts. Literally!. I am trying to do everything to get my head away from thinking about the "waiting game" and all. It appears that everything that i am trying to do is not that effective. :(

Wishing us all a good (and hopefully fast) processing time.
(Hope I am still alive when she gets her VISA!)
Kazuma if you ask messenger or Sweden or Gary to add you to the chart by giving your information listed like this, I'm sure they'll be happy to add you to the spreadsheet for February Outland applicants.

Kazuma's information:
Application sent: Feb 8
Application received as per tracking: Feb 11
AOR from CPC-M: Feb 22
Sponsorship approval: March 5
Visa Office: Manila

Kazuma do you know what date the medicals were done?
If you have that information you can provide it later if you want and ask that it be added to the spreadsheet

It's optional, but some people on the forum have included the information on which province the sponsored person will be moving to (ie. where you will live when they finally arrive :) )

Finally, this is the link to the February spreadsheet Feb 2013 SS: http://tinyurl.com/Feb-2013-FCV

I find it very helpful to look at the spreadsheet and compare my timeslines to others. It reassures me that my application is following the 'normal' time line. Also for those ahead of me in the process, I can see what their wait time was. I copied the spreadsheet link from forum member Iay who, like you, is also applying through VO Manila.

Good luck with your process. Calm the nerves, stay busy. It's a waiting game.

You can use the link to personalize your profile and put spreadsheet url in your 'signature area'. Then it's easily available for yourself and others.
Also while you are adding the link as signature, you can add your application dates, same as listed above, into your profile information.
This helps others to remember who other people are on the forum and which VO they are going through and what is their timeline.

;)

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
lived in canada since april 2010, LANDED 28/07/2013
Ok I have a question.

We have already received our SA via snail mail back in March saying our application had been sent abroad to Sydney VO.

Our application was received in Mississauga on Feb 13th 2013, and we received notification of this to my partner's (sponsor) email address.. Earlier this month I received an email to my (applicant) email address stating:

Dear Erryn Medhurst,
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on 2013/02/13.

Any idea what this is about? as i hardly believe it is our AOR from Sydney VO since it states the same date it was received by CPC-M?

Also my Ecas has not changed at all, Still says application received on Feb 13,2013. I know ecas is hardly reliable but it seems everyone else in our forum had theirs change within 2 weeks of sponsor approval.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
OZinON said:
Ok I have a question.

We have already received our SA via snail mail back in March saying our application had been sent abroad to Sydney VO.

Our application was received in Mississauga on Feb 13th 2013, and we received notification of this to my partner's (sponsor) email address.. Earlier this month I received an email to my (applicant) email address stating:

Dear Erryn Medhurst,
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on 2013/02/13.

Any idea what this is about? as i hardly believe it is our AOR from Sydney VO since it states the same date it was received by CPC-M?

Also my Ecas has not changed at all, Still says application received on Feb 13,2013. I know ecas is hardly reliable but it seems everyone else in our forum had theirs change within 2 weeks of sponsor approval.
My ecas still says the same under Applicant (stll says my application was received on February 15, 2013). We got SA on March 15 and its been a month and nothing from my VO. I sent my final batch of paperwork to them and it arrived last Thursday (I needed to submit medicals for my non-accompanying daughter as well as the Marriage Cetificate.) Eve though I know the papers got deliverd to Ottawa and my file *should* be there ecas has not changed for me. It's very frustrating!!! I am not sure what that email is about but I wanted to let you know you are not the only one wh has had no change in ecas after SA.

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
Buffy2323 said:
My ecas still says the same under Applicant (stll says my application was received on February 15, 2013). We got SA on March 15 and its been a month and nothing from my VO. I sent my final batch of paperwork to them and it arrived last Thursday (I needed to submit medicals for my non-accompanying daughter as well as the Marriage Cetificate.) Eve though I know the papers got deliverd to Ottawa and my file *should* be there ecas has not changed for me. It's very frustrating!!! I am not sure what that email is about but I wanted to let you know you are not the only one wh has had no change in ecas after SA.
Thankyou Buffy, This helps relieve a little anxiety. Of course it is still quite annoying how ecas is so ridiculously unreliable, but nonetheless thankyou.

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
OZinON said:
Thankyou Buffy, This helps relieve a little anxiety. Of course it is still quite annoying how ecas is so ridiculously unreliable, but nonetheless thankyou.
I know how frustrating it can be. They should hire a few people full time just to update ecas files from each visa office. It would cut down on the phone calls and emails they receive from those of us who get paranoid and worried and can't resist contacting them to check on our status!! :p Good luck!!

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
Ok another quick question then... I can view ecas using the application number found on our letter of SA which is where i can see it says app received...

But i cannot view ecas using the UCI on our SA letter? It says something along the lines of we are unable to identify you using the information you provided...?

maverick.dexter

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
27 Feb 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013...DM: 14 Aug 2013
OZinON said:
Ok another quick question then... I can view ecas using the application number found on our letter of SA which is where i can see it says app received...

But i cannot view ecas using the UCI on our SA letter? It says something along the lines of we are unable to identify you using the information you provided...?
Application number on SA is for principal applicant and the UCI no
On the SA is usually for the sponsor

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
OZinON said:

Try putting in your spouses information with the UCI number. I am the applicant and when I use UCI number I have to put in my spouse's last name, date of birth and country of residence.

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
maverick.dexter said:
Application number on SA is for principal applicant and the UCI no
On the SA is usually for the sponsor
Oh my goodness! Ive been doing it wrong this whole time????

I can now see decision made and application received under sponsor...

nothing for applicant yet!!! Thankyou! I cannot believe i had been doing this wrong! So silly of me!

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
OZinON said:
Oh my goodness! Ive been doing it wrong this whole time????

I can now see decision made and application received under sponsor...

nothing for applicant yet!!! Thankyou! I cannot believe i had been doing this wrong! So silly of me!
Glad you figured it out. :) I just wish my VO woul give me some indicaction they have my file. My file could really still be in Mississauga for all I know. :mad:

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OZinON said:
Ok I have a question.

Dear Erryn Medhurst,

Hi, Just wondering which email address your SECOND email was sent FROM.

My AOR came from email address: Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca

and the SA email came from: CIC-Email-Communications-CPCM

Your AOR from the VO should come from a different email address. It wouldn't have CPCM at the end CPC-M = Case Processing Centre Mississauga.

Take a look if you have a minute, I'd be interested to know what address the VO email is sent from.

ldumitriu

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
5-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-02-2013
OZinON said:
Ok I have a question.

Dear Erryn Medhurst,

Hey,
actually this email is the AOR from your VO.
I got the same thing from paris. they said they recieved it here in paris on fer 20, that's when it got to mississauga. Your ecas should eventually change, but it's really unreliable

If you check in the signature of that email, instead of the Mississauga processing center you should have the address of the sydney Vo.
That's how I realized it was the VO Aor

congrats by the way :)