+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 Applications!!!

punjabi87

Mar 6, 2013
eds1275 said:
You must inform about marriage . Your application cannot be finalized without adding your spouse. Rprf & ppr email will ask these question about marriage.

If you don't inform about marriage, you and your spouse may be denied pr.
i am not getting married till 8th feb and what if i recvd my rprf and biodata in dec or jan?

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Can you land before wedding? If not, you still need to add your spouse. Officer will ask this question (marital status change) at the time if landing . One person in the forum was refused landing due to same reason and sent back to India. He had to include his wife and then land again.

Even if you can land before wedding, would you want to go to the hassle of sponsorship and wait for another year to get pr for your spouse? Choice is yours . You can check the forum and consult others, but sponsorship is a pain - trust me.

punjabi87 said:
i am not getting married till 8th feb and what if i recvd my rprf and biodata in dec or jan?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
eds1275 said:
Can you land before wedding? If not, you still need to add your spouse. Officer will ask this question (marital status change) at the time if landing . One person in the forum was refused landing due to same reason and sent back to India. He had to include his wife and then land again.

Even if you can land before wedding, would you want to go to the hassle of sponsorship and wait for another year to get pr for your spouse? Choice is yours . You can check the forum and consult others, but sponsorship is a pain - trust me.
You can't land without declaring your spouse as you will not be allowed to sponsor her in the future.
Inform cic immediately of your intention to marry so you can start the paperwork for your spouse - do not wait until you are married.

punjabi87

Mar 6, 2013
lpc19800 said:
You can't land without declaring your spouse as you will not be allowed to sponsor her in the future.
Inform cic immediately of your intention to marry so you can start the paperwork for your spouse - do not wait until you are married.
so just email them and wait what they ask for???? technically shes not my wife yet. not sure if I should be filling her info out

secondly I was curious that if I do provide her info, will she able to get her PR too with me? I have been living in Canada for 4 yrs now and she has never been here. Does that make any difference?

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
punjabi87 said:
so just email them and wait what they ask for???? technically shes not my wife yet. not sure if I should be filling her info out

secondly I was curious that if I do provide her info, will she able to get her PR too with me? I have been living in Canada for 4 yrs now and she has never been here. Does that make any difference?
Punjabi dude .. if u need her to be on ur file, you need to furnish a civil wedding certificate. And since your wedding is taking place post u receiving your MR etc, for CIC you are the sole applier for PR and they do not care about your to be wife yet. If you were married before you got ur MR then u would be in a fit because when you would apply for her later and they would ask for the certificate, they would see the marriage date (which would be ideally before you getting your MR).
Your only best option is call CIC tell them you arent legally married yet and you've got ur MR, and your taking a vacation to go and get married, to which 75% they would say k once your married to her, you would need to apply for her as a dependent and show your marriage certificate.
Currently as of now, there isnt anything you can do, but just await for your PR

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Winterfox said:
Punjabi dude .. if u need her to be on ur file, you need to furnish a civil wedding certificate. And since your wedding is taking place post u receiving your MR etc, for CIC you are the sole applier for PR and they do not care about your to be wife yet. If you were married before you got ur MR then u would be in a fit because when you would apply for her later and they would ask for the certificate, they would see the marriage date (which would be ideally before you getting your MR).
Your only best option is call CIC tell them you arent legally married yet and you've got ur MR, and your taking a vacation to go and get married, to which 75% they would say k once your married to her, you would need to apply for her as a dependent and show your marriage certificate.
Currently as of now, there isnt anything you can do, but just await for your PR
Totally disagree
I am getting married and have done my MEdicals
I was asked to send information on my fiancé - he happens to be a Canadian citizen but you HAVE to inform CIc of your intention to get married otherwise you may not be able to sponsor her later on and she would need to come over via her own means

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Besides - golden rule with CIc, you don't get into trouble for providing too much information
You definitely get into trouble for not providing any information
Better to be safe and get in touch with them - which you should have done as soon as you knew about the wedding.

punjabi87

Mar 6, 2013
lpc19800 said:
Totally disagree
I was asked to send information on my fiancé - he happens to be a Canadian citizen but you HAVE to inform CIc of your intention to get married otherwise you may not be able to sponsor her later on and she would need to come over via her own means
much appreciated your help guys.....guess I should call cic and find out

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
lpc19800 said:
Totally disagree
Your fiance is a CANADIAN CITIZEN and CIC has all the right to know who he is and what does he do cos you are an Expat marrying a Canadian citizen. Punjabis fiance isnt a Canadian citizen nor a PR. CIC does not care about that. My colleague was in the same situation as Punjabi he immediately got married after he got his passport back from stamping and then CIC told him if he needs her in canada he needs to apply for her as a dependent spouse and he did so, now her passport is with the embassy of their country for stamping purposes.

Your fiance being Canadian, and punjabis fiance being Indian ... 2 very different things

punjabi87

Mar 6, 2013
lpc19800 said:
Besides - golden rule with CIc, you don't get into trouble for providing too much information
You definitely get into trouble for not providing any information
Better to be safe and get in touch with them - which you should have done as soon as you knew about the wedding.
it was not confirmed. so couldnt

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
punjabi87 said:
it was not confirmed. so couldnt
Punjabi.. another option for you would be
DONT GET MARRIED AT ALL AND SAVE YOURSELF :p :p :p :p :p
HAHAHA

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
punjabi87 said:
haha I wish mate....but you just cant run away from few things inittt :D
I hear you. I'm getting married too, on Jan 4th, so if you dont find me posting any replies on here,... then u know who is running my life and my decision :p :p
. (I got legally married last year and put her onto my application..so saved myself time there)
All the best to you and me.
Cheers ..lol

punjabi87

Mar 6, 2013
Winterfox said:
I hear you. I'm getting married too, on Jan 4th, so if you dont find me posting any replies on here,... then u know who is running my life and my decision :p :p
. (I got legally married last year and put her onto my application..so saved myself time there)
All the best to you and me.
Cheers ..lol
I am sure you will be alright :p

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Winterfox said:
Your fiance is a CANADIAN CITIZEN and CIC has all the right to know who he is and what does he do cos you are an Expat marrying a Canadian citizen. Punjabis fiance isnt a Canadian citizen nor a PR. CIC does not care about that. My colleague was in the same situation as Punjabi he immediately got married after he got his passport back from stamping and then CIC told him if he needs her in canada he needs to apply for her as a dependent spouse and he did so, now her passport is with the embassy of their country for stamping purposes.

Your fiance being Canadian, and punjabis fiance being Indian ... 2 very different things
CIC didn't know he was a citizen until I told them - you are talking utter rubbish - they don't care what he does - just whether he needs a visa. Which he doesn't
CIC needs to know about intention to marry - it is a question you are asked on rprf. Telling them after decision made is hugely risky

The poster is better off informing cic and being told to wait than not telling me and risking getting into problems later on.