08 August 2013
Med's Done....
25 Jan 2012 Expired
Passport Req..
08 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11 September 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
She's going by the website and is clueless. It's very likely your case is being worked on. Your letter could even be in the mail. If you don't have a UCI then the phone people are useless.
Well yeah.. I don't have any UCI yet.. I think they send UCI with AOR or approval letter right? Hope to get it soon :(

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Yes. I'm really sorry. This wait is just unbearable, I know. It doesn't make any sense.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Great job on mailing the IMM 5406! Hopefully it gets matched up with your file quickly.

We applied for my husband to get a visitor's visa to Canada. But since he is in the process of being sponsored and my daughter and I are moving there, they did not feel that he would leave when his visa expired or if he got denied. He is not from a visa exempt country. So the officer called my husband to ask him some questions and then basically said he would have to deny and recommended that we withdraw because a having a record of a denial is a red flag but he did say it wasn't a huge deal. So I am assuming if anyone has been denied before they have to look into it which is an extra step that can cause a delay. But maybe the delay is very short depending on the case. You put on the application that she had been denied right? Because I know that is very important.
Yeah we put that on the application. Not sure we did it right, but we completed that part to the best of our knowledge.

The worry I have is, how do I know the mail I sent will get matched with my file before the expiry date? (basically the officer in charge of my application will get my mail)

Clearly you can see I have very little faith in those people at CIC... a reflection of their customer support experience.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Don't worry it will be fast. In the May thread, someone got their file returned. That means they open and check right away and then it goes in the long line. So your letter won't sit there for a couple of months. It will get opened and matched up with the right officer. This happened to someone in January. Try and read through the thread to see what happened or check the spreadsheet. They had to resend the same form.

hpatel4700

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2012
File Transfer...
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
17-02-2012
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
15-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
show DM on ECAS July 30,2012 ( Never shows in process)
LANDED..........
mid aug
Hi canadagirl,

if I apply for my visitor visa it cost me to denied my spouse file Or If I did visitor file it might take little bit longer than useally takes time. I m going to apply my visitor visa next week, so please suggest me should I apply for my visitor visa or not.

Canada Wolf

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/2012
File Transfer...
30/6/2012
Seems that CIC totally stopped working, no one is receiving approvals any more and no updates on their website! looks like they are more bored than us !!

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
Canada Wolf said:
Seems that CIC totally stopped working, no one is receiving approvals any more and no updates on their website! looks like they are more bored than us !!
OMMMGGG they are still on feb 7 :'( they havn't updated ANYTHING...mayb they ddi just stop working :'(

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Great job on mailing the IMM 5406! Hopefully it gets matched up with your file quickly.

We applied for my husband to get a visitor's visa to Canada. But since he is in the process of being sponsored and my daughter and I are moving there, they did not feel that he would leave when his visa expired or if he got denied. He is not from a visa exempt country. So the officer called my husband to ask him some questions and then basically said he would have to deny and recommended that we withdraw because a having a record of a denial is a red flag but he did say it wasn't a huge deal. So I am assuming if anyone has been denied before they have to look into it which is an extra step that can cause a delay. But maybe the delay is very short depending on the case. You put on the application that she had been denied right? Because I know that is very important.
Btw, I don't understand why you'd apply for a visitor's visa and a spousal visa at the same time? Can you clarify that?

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Canada Wolf said:
Or they are all waiting on my form before they can move on. I'm sorry for putting the whole office on hold. I guess the entire government can only process one application per week at this point.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Yeah, you SOB! It's all your fault for not doing something that wasn't requested! I hate you! ;D

It's so crazy, because I checked that form and NOWHERE does it state to write NONE. It simply says to sign if you don't have any children or siblings...so that's what you do and they screw you around...really, this makes CIC look really incompetent.

My wife and I have a son together...she also has a sister...but there were like 5 spaces for each...so what, we are meant to fill NONE for the other 4 spaces in each section?

Get you form sent already so that they won't have any more excuses to sit and do nothing!! ;D

FS

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Fencesitter said:
Yeah, you SOB! It's all your fault for not doing something that wasn't requested! I hate you! ;D

It's so crazy, because I checked that form and NOWHERE does it state to write NONE. It simply says to sign if you don't have any children or siblings...so that's what you do and they screw you around...really, this makes CIC look really incompetent.

Get you form sent already so that they won't have any more excuses to sit and do nothing!! ;D

FS
This is what my lawyer wrote at thetopright of the principal applicant application so that we would make sure to fill out everything properly

ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS CAREFULLY!

The Canadian Government will usually NOT open an immigration file, unless the forms are filled out correctly. So, please try to answer ALL questions on the forms completely. Take the time to read the instructions on the form carefully and slowly.

All questions should have an answer. Some questions might be answered as "N/A" (which means "Not Applicable"). For example, in the question inquiring about Memberships, if one has never been a member of an organization, then the answer to that question can simply be listed as "N/A".

IMPORTANT NOTE
Do NOT fill out your form using ALL CAPS (capital letters). Use regular case letters.

For example: "John Smith"
Bad examples:"JOHN SMITH" or "john smith"

Hope this helps some of you

CG

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
We used capital letters only for our names because it specifies to provide the names "exactly as it appears" in the travel document. Both our names in our passport are in capital letters...so we did exactly as instructed. Everything else was done in lower case.

The only blank we left was for the fax number...we couldn't type N/A...and to be honest, I didn't even think about it...I guess I thought it wasn't really a question, and leaving it blank would surely mean that we do not have a fax number...

This shouldn't be a problem...I hope...but now I'm a bit worried...

FS

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Fencesitter said:
We used capital letters only for our names because it specifies to provide the names "exactly as it appears" in the travel document. Everything else was done in lower case.

The only blank we left was for the fax number...we couldn't type N/A...and to be honest, I didn't even think about it...I guess I thought it wasn't really a question, and leaving it blank would surely mean that we do not have a fax number...

FS
If it's in caps on your travel documents then I guess it would validate things...if you didn't write in caps anywhere else I don't see how it could be a problem

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
I second your comments Fencesitter.

Even I haven't mentioned NONE or N/A under fax / children columns but I did signed as per instructions. Hope they won't trouble us.

Just stay positive ! I know its easy to say than done.

Fencesitter said:
We used capital letters only for our names because it specifies to provide the names "exactly as it appears" in the travel document. Both our names in our passport are in capital letters...so we did exactly as instructed. Everything else was done in lower case.

FS

inwhiteshoes

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13, 2012
File Transfer...
May 31, 2012
Med's Done....
January 24, 2012
Passport Req..
June 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 31, 2012
LANDED..........
September 5, 2012
hi batchmates!!!

i'm the happiest girl today :)
thank GOD my husband was APPROVED !!! wooo hoooh!!!
i now know the feeling of former members who got the approval. What can i say i am just happy :)

here's the email:

From: OttPilot-Immigration <OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca>

Date: May 25, 2012

UCI: ********
Application: ******

Dear *********

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ******* and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.