July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Yasmine_GRL said:
The address is Centre de traitement pilote-Ottawa 219 Av. Laurier Ouest
Yes, they also gave us a an agent's code name

Yes, the medical is my main focus these days. Too bad I can't do anything until Monday when they open.
Can anyone tell me if they give me the form in the same day I take the exam? Or do I have to wait until they have the results?
They give you a form to mail in when the medical is done (same day) and they mail in another one themselves. You'll get approval soon since you have an agent's code name. That is good!

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone ! :)

I have been following canadavisa.com more than 10 years, in 2000 I became a landed immigrant and in 2004 got my citizenship. I learned a lot from this web site and Mr. Cohen's articles during my immigration process.

Now it's time for my family sponsorship. I am sponsoring my common-in-law partner.

I sent our file on February 28, 2012 and according to Canada Post they received it one day after on Feb 29th.

Since then I haven't heard anything from CIC. I don't know what happened to our application? I even didn't receive our file number and AOR. :(

I read some our the past messages and I saw there are a lot of people in the same situation.

If I receive any news I will share it with you here. I wish everyone good luck in their process.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
There hasn't been an approval past Feb 22 yet and many before that are still waiting. Hopefully just a couple more weeks till all of February has been approved. What a nightmare.

in_can

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
25-06-12
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Request
Sent already
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
13-07-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-12 (Started processing on ecas,Visa has same date)
LANDED..........
Soon...
is there a list for feb. applications?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
willy0275 said:
They received my application on february 2nd. I got my approval on Monday last week, after receiving the AOR the preceding Friday. My papers are now at Immigration Québec, and they already charged my credit card, so I think two weeks approx. for CSQ is still right, I'm expecting to be approved by them next week... then west to Singapore!
i wish it's like that for u!! and pls do say when u get it!!! they received my csq forms on May 1st, charged the credit card on May 4th and since then still waiting ::) i thought the same like u, 2 weeks top and here we r passing the 3 week mark; i know in the past most people were getting it between 3-4 weeks and i know they say in the guides that it takes up to 20 business days so we r still in their timeline....someone from Jan thread applied same day with me and got it in 5 business days!!!!!!!!! other applied a few days after us and still waiting.....it's like the rest of the process: unpredictable!! good luck!!

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
mroliveland said:
I received acknowledgement letter from Ottawa..it does not indicate sponsorship approval....Does this mean that the next step is hearing sponsorship approval? They don't usually split the two...(acknowledgement vs approval)

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family Class category. The file was transferred to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa office (“CPP-O”) for processing. All enquiries and correspondence must be addressed to the CPP-O office, unless directed otherwise.

We have created a file whose number is indicated above. You must quote this file number in any future correspondence. If required we will request supporting documentation at a later stage.

When did you send your file. They could eliminate so many calls from us and costs if they actually list the procedure of processing cases. I am baffled why some receive AOR and some just Approval.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
So I guess they won't receive the form monday either. I sent it express. I am not sure about this country anymore.

1) First time I sent the entire application I sent it express (1-2 days). It took 4+ days to be delivered.
2) CIC took twice as long as the usual 55 days to get to my application.
3) The imbeciles on the phone are useless.
4) I sent the "incomplete" IMM 5406 form yesterday (express again, 1-2 days), but guess what? It's still "Item accepted at the Post Office". ROFL, OK, so another 4+ days even though it's supposed to be 1-2 days? This is real bullsh*t. I'm trying to get my wife into Canada so we can have a better time, not to meet or deal with lazy arses.

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
So I guess they won't receive the form monday either. I sent it express. I am not sure about this country anymore.

1) First time I sent the entire application I sent it express (1-2 days). It took 4+ days to be delivered.
2) CIC took twice as long as the usual 55 days to get to my application.
3) The imbeciles on the phone are useless.
4) I sent the "incomplete" IMM 5406 form yesterday (express again, 1-2 days), but guess what? It's still "Item accepted at the Post Office". ROFL, OK, so another 4+ days even though it's supposed to be 1-2 days? This is real bullsh*t. I'm trying to get my wife into Canada so we can have a better time, not to meet or deal with lazy arses.
go back to the courier and ask them to refund your money

Jafffna

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Watreloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 March 2012
AOR Received.
04 June 2012
File Transfer...
04 June 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Lily_TV said:
go back to the courier and ask them to refund your money
It happened for me too.. they wont update anything for 4-5 days ...then when u make a complain, then they will update you with the next day delivery date ... no one can blame huh

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ThunderSoul said:
You can just use your passport at the border...
Huh? My husband is a Mexican citizen. He can't get in the US without a visitors visa.

GuerricH

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-11-2011
canadiangirl78 said:
It's very difficult to get a visitors visa when a PR is in process. Very very.
Does that apply to citizens of visa-exempt countries as well? My German girlfriend and I were considering leaving as we had planned (before processing time jumped to 90 days and the Berlin office was shut down), and waiting in Canada for PR, since we're a pretty straightforward case as far as I'm aware, no red flags or anything. She's exempt for 3 months, but after that we'd need a visa/extension.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
It's much easier for visa exempt people.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Someone posted in a new thread that they got an AOR. App was received Feb 24. So things are moving!