+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 17 study permit

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Well yeah you can say that. But I think the reason my file is moving a bit slow is that I don't have to travel to Canada right away, as my classes are online till July. Rn they are prioritising the files who can actually travel for their may intake and all. But still I hope the application do gets approved by end of April, or May 1st week
Are you sure they’re working with such considerations ? I’m going to be starting in September 2021 so by logic, I should be the one who’s approved after everyone else ahah

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Well yeah you can say that. But I think the reason my file is moving a bit slow is that I don't have to travel to Canada right away, as my classes are online till July. Rn they are prioritising the files who can actually travel for their may intake and all. But still I hope the application do gets approved by end of April, or May 1st week
I’m also asking because I’ve seen some September applicants receive an approval, it’s been mostly May intake students ( but I suppose that’s because most students who’ve applied so far are May intake )
But there have been a very significant number of students for September 2021 who’ve been approved , or at the very least seen updates on their files

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
How you came to this conclusion? all classes are online till September intake.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I’m also asking because I’ve seen some September applicants receive an approval, it’s been mostly May intake students ( but I suppose that’s because most students who’ve applied so far are May intake )
But there have been a very significant number of students for September 2021 who’ve been approved , or at the very least seen updates on their files
It just seem random, or whichever one seems simple to them they approve it.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
How you came to this conclusion? all classes are online till September intake.
On one level @divjain is correct- even if classes are online, some students are scheduled to travel to Canada earlier ( April and May ) .. what confuses me is why some September applicants were also approved , so the logic behind these processing of application is something else

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
It just seem random, or whichever one seems simple to them they approve it.
I’m not sure what ‘simple’ here means - perhaps it’s someone who has their documents in place- my application ( at least to me ) seems fairly simple .. master’s at UofT after bachelor’s at Imperial College London, extensive travel history,
financial documents = bank statements which can be verified in no time

so it’s a little baffling all in all

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
Yeah cus in the reply of one of my webforms, they did say currently we are prioritising the applications which can travel to Canada. I might be wrong idk. It's my first time lol

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
Anyway the Indian processing time is 12 weeks so I hope we all will be done by that time or before. Of course postive results

Reactions: DevSB

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Yeah cus in the reply of one of my webforms, they did say currently we are prioritising the applications which can travel to Canada. I might be wrong idk. It's my first time lol
Oh I think by that they mean groups that are able to travel to Canada , such as international students and workers et cetera

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I’m not sure what ‘simple’ here means - perhaps it’s someone who has their documents in place- my application ( at least to me ) seems fairly simple .. master’s at UofT after bachelor’s at Imperial College London, extensive travel history,
financial documents = bank statements which can be verified in no time

so it’s a little baffling all in all
Also depends on the VO, applications are not processed by machines. VO are human and follow their own pace. IRCC is like any other office, depends on the mood of VO if he wants to process your application faster or slower, want to grant visa or not. All depends on how his life is going at that time.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
May intakes can travel to Canada, nothing to do with studies being online or offline. A student is safe to travel within a month of start date of their intake to Canada, doesn't matter if classes are online. If online classes mattered, then they won't have restricted them to coming to Canada. You have mixed two things. So yes, May intake could be priority at the moment because Sep intake won't be flying until August. But May intake students have to fly this month.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Also depends on the VO, applications are not processed by machines. VO are human and follow their own pace. IRCC is like any other office, depends on the mood of VO if he wants to process your application faster or slower, want to grant visa or not. All depends on how his life is going at that time.
These claims are scarcely worth making- there is always a rhythm and a protocol to these decisions. For instance, applications submitted in March are being processed, other circumstances notwithstanding ( that is the protocol ). Likewise, there are internal targets for a certain pool of applications to be processed within a set timeframe now that IRCC has expanded capacity

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
True that. But again I got zero experience. Just my assumption. Let's hope for the best

ARB0428

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I applied Feb 17, stuck on eligibility review since March 10. Complete timeline in my signature.