+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb/March 2021 applicants from Pakistan (SDS)

optimisticky

May 20, 2020
Awesome!! Can you please tell what does your background check status message reads??
It says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Would you mind sharing your timeline? Just trying to see how it is going for different Pakistani applicants.

Reactions: deadpoolzj92

optimisticky

May 20, 2020
They have started processing January applications from Pakistan, Two of my friends got their eligibility started today. Keep checking your account for any updates
Hey, would you mind sharing whether these friends submitted police clearance certificates with their applications. The reason I am asking is that I didn't submit them because they are not required but I have recently read that apparently providing police clearance certificates with the applications can speed up the background processing check. I just wanted to confirm whether this is true, so I would love to know if you know of anyone who has gotten their visa application approved or entered into the eligibility review stage WITHOUT having submitted police certificates. Kindly let me know.

Abd301

Apr 3, 2021
Hey, would you mind sharing whether these friends submitted police clearance certificates with their applications. The reason I am asking is that I didn't submit them because they are not required but I have recently read that apparently providing police clearance certificates with the applications can speed up the background processing check. I just wanted to confirm whether this is true, so I would love to know if you know of anyone who has gotten their visa application approved or entered into the eligibility review stage WITHOUT having submitted police certificates. Kindly let me know.
They did submit police certificates but I didn't. Not sure if it really speeds up the background check, but a police certificate is not a mandatory document for study permit applications. If they need a police certificate at any stage, they will ask for it you don't have to worry. My friend got approved last year without submitting a police certificate so I didn't submit one as well

optimisticky

May 20, 2020
They did submit police certificates but I didn't. Not sure if it really speeds up the background check, but a police certificate is not a mandatory document for study permit applications. If they need a police certificate at any stage, they will ask for it you don't have to worry. My friend got approved last year without submitting a police certificate so I didn't submit one as well
Thanks for sharing. I find this reassuring.

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
It says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Would you mind sharing your timeline? Just trying to see how it is going for different Pakistani applicants.
Well definitely your background check has begun. My timeline is:

Application lodged: 3rd March 2021
BIL: 4th March 2021
Biometrics submitted/updated: 9th March 2021
Medicals updated: 22nd March 2020
Eligibility review started: 24th March 2021
*Ghost update*
Eligibility review rolled back: 26th March 2021
*A few more Ghost updates*
Background check: Started on 27th April 2021

That's all from my side til today. Wishing everyone who's waiting that they get positive results for their applications, ameen! Regards!

Last edited:

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hello, kindly share your profiles and progress on application.
Mine:
Submitted:1st march.
Bio: 4th March.
Medical passed: 22 march.
Eligibility started:24 march.
Ghost update:26 march and eligibility revoked, back to same old status. Anyone else faced the same issue?
Kindly connect.
Dear Sohail, we had almost the exact same timelines. Do you have any new updates from your application??

optimisticky

May 20, 2020
Thanks, man. Wish you and the rest of the people here the same.
Well definitely your background check has begun. My timeline is:

Application lodged: 3rd March 2021
BIL: 4th March 2021
Biometrics submitted/updated: 9th March 2021
Medicals updated: 22nd March 2020
Eligibility review started: 24th March 2021
*Ghost update*
Eligibility review rolled back: 26th March 2021
*A few more Ghost updates*
Background check: Started on 27th April 2021

That's all from my side til today. Wishing everyone who's waiting that they get positive results for their applications, ameen! Regards!

Reactions: deadpoolzj92