+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb/March 2021 applicants from Pakistan (SDS)

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Please check the website now, it has been listed as 12 weeks flat across for all countries! Regards!
Just checked it.. Ur right bro. Its 12 weeks for all!!
One more thing bro..they say they'll respond to completed applications received till may 15.. I just applied for medicals at IOM Islamabad today..it ll be a slow process due to Covid..so will I make it till may 15?

Reactions: deadpoolzj92

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Just checked it.. Ur right bro. Its 12 weeks for all!!
One more thing bro..they say they'll respond to completed applications received till may 15.. I just applied for medicals at IOM Islamabad today..it ll be a slow process due to Covid..so will I make it till may 15?
Well in my own personal experience, IOM Islamabad has been very efficient and accommodating! If you can request them for a certain date/date they'll make effort to get you an appointment as per your convenience. If you're wishing to use the SDS route and have yet to begin your GIC/ Full fee payment, then May-15 is too close as you'll definitely need more time to complete your pre-requisites for SDS owing to the COVID crisis!!

Reactions: Aesopzai

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Well in my own personal experience, IOM Islamabad has been very efficient and accommodating! If you can request them for a certain date/date they'll make effort to get you an appointment as per your convenience. If you're wishing to use the SDS route and have yet to begin your GIC/ Full fee payment, then May-15 is too close as you'll definitely need more time to complete your pre-requisites for SDS owing to the COVID crisis!!
Hmm.. I ll get my police Clearance in a day or two.. fee payment is in my bank account..so I'll send it asap..its ready..I ll contact IOM Islamabad to give me an earlier date for medical.. is some thing left to do? What is biometrics and where its done? Sorry bro iam asking too many questions but I dont know much about these things that y asking u.

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
Guys the study permit processing time is uniform for all countries as per the latest update on 27th April 2021!! All study permit applications shall be processed within 12 weeks as per the update. Best wishes for everyone! May we all receive positive decisions on our applications soon, ameen!
Good news bro
Are the already submitted applications will be processed within 12 weeks? or they mean the future applications?
after some days my application will complete 12 weeks in processing.

Last edited:

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hmm.. I ll get my police Clearance in a day or two.. fee payment is in my bank account..so I'll send it asap..its ready..I ll contact IOM Islamabad to give me an earlier date for medical.. is some thing left to do? What is biometrics and where its done? Sorry bro iam asking too many questions but I dont know much about these things that y asking u.
It's alright brother :) You'll receive your biometrics request after you've successfully lodged your complete study permit application. This usually happens within or at 24 hours of your application submission for study permit. You cannot apply for biometrics before that.
Good news bro
Are the already submitted applications will be processed within 12 weeks? or they mean the future applications?
after some days my application will compete 12 weeks in processing.
I guess all the complete study permit applications will be processed in this new time frame. There has been a lot of imbalance in the ways VOs had been processing the SP applications as per different countries. Pakistan is an example of such practice. It is encouraging that IRCC has devised a common processing time for every country in order to process complete SP applications.

I sincerely hope and pray that you get your positive decision very soon! As you're nearing your 12 week mark, hopefully you'll get your decision sooner than us! Best wishes and Regards!

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
I sincerely hope and pray that you get your positive decision very soon! As you're nearing your 12 week mark, hopefully you'll get your decision sooner than us! Best wishes and Regards!
Thank you so much I hope so. My classes start on 10th May, and my program has only one intake every year. It's non-sense to defer my intake to May 2022.

Abd301

Apr 3, 2021
They have started processing January applications from Pakistan, Two of my friends got their eligibility started today. Keep checking your account for any updates

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Thank you so much I hope so. My classes start on 10th May, and my program has only one intake every year. It's non-sense to defer my intake to May 2022.
You're welcome! :) Best wishes for your study permit application, may you succeed in getting your SP approval positively at the earliest, ameen!

Reactions: sal2021

TubaZ

Feb 23, 2021
Hey guys I just read the entire thread.. This has been very helpful.

I applied on 19th April, biometrics updated 21st april
I have applied for study permit visa SDS along with my spouses open work permit. No update after biometrics update.
I saw two ghost updates on his profile and one on mine today. We got the updates 2 minutes apart approx.

Please do keep sharing updates here.

optimisticky

May 20, 2020
How many of you have applied with a police clearance certificate from Pakistan? I didn't attach it to my SDS application but now I hear many do attach it because apparently it speeds up the background check. Is this true?

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
How many of you have applied with a police clearance certificate from Pakistan? I didn't attach it to my SDS application but now I hear many do attach it because apparently it speeds up the background check. Is this true?
I had it issued but did not attach it with my application, it wasn't listed as a required document in the document upload section. Well, if they'll require it, we'll upload it then. Regards!

P.S Has your background check started yet??

optimisticky

May 20, 2020
I had it issued but did not attach it with my application, it wasn't listed as a required document in the document upload section. Well, if they'll require it, we'll upload it then. Regards!

P.S Has your background check started yet??
Hi, yes, it started on 27 April. Lodged my application (SDS) on 31 March. Yours?

optimisticky

May 20, 2020
Hi, did your biometric update in your account immediately?

Did biometric almost a week ago, no status change yet.
You should follow up with the IRCC and/or the visa centre where you submitted your biometrics. Mine got updated on the same day as I submitted them.