+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb - Mar 2013 Timeline

jaeco

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 8,2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 8, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 3, 2013.

We sent you a notice on March 14, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 8, 2014 at 8:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passed the test yesterday (Montreal). Took me just over 5 mins to complete the test. Got a perfect score.

Took me 2 days to prepare...read the discover Canada book couple of times and took some online tests. The real test is much easier than the online ones. Just FYI..

We had to wait nearly 3 hrs for the interview. Just an advice, take a bottle of water and some fruits...if you end up being called last then the wait could be long.

The interview with the officer was long. They interviewed my wife and me separately. Asked us the same questions. Probably verifying if we had consistent answers. They did a thorough check of our travel in and out of Canada. Almost had a shock when the officer mentioned that I failed to report one trip to USA. I went through my passport frantically and reflected the fact that I had gone to the border and reentered Canada as a PR (change of status from work permit to PR). The officer checked my COPR (which reflected the same border post and the date) with the passport and was convinced.

In the end he said, sorry about questioning so much...I smiled and said, that is ok, you are only doing your job.

We were told 3-6 months for oath. Looking forward to it.

cheers !!!

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaeco said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 8,2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 8, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 3, 2013.

We sent you a notice on March 14, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 8, 2014 at 8:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Is your file in CIC Vancouver?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2003 said:
Cool. Thanks. Added you on the timeline list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArnuR0El8SEtdEhMS0dQNEQwVXppZ3VDdWNsVlM0TXc&usp=sharing#gid=0
[/quote

Thank you for keeping the timeline updated. Its a lots work and you are doing it voluntarily

mjekov

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
15-05-2009
Passport Req..
01-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2009
LANDED..........
06-11-2009
mtlguy said:
Any March 2013 applicants received their Oath Notice?

Nope from Calgary. Applied February 2013, docs received April 2013. Still in progress. My ex in Halifax applied with me and she is a citizen already. Sad but true....

mjekov

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary, AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
15-05-2009
Passport Req..
01-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2009
LANDED..........
06-11-2009
Hello guys,

Received invitation for citizenship test on August 08th. Unfortunately I am not able to participate so contacted with CIC and they provided me with a Calgary number where to send a fax with explanation. Now I have the fax confirmation but nothing else... Do you think this is enough. Oh, yes spoke twice with representative from CIC and they confirmed that there is a note for the next date, but nothing shows up in my file online.