+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2015 citizenship applicants

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
John_Dorry said:
Received today a letter to appear to 1st Sept Oath Ceremony in Montreal !

Ecas shows the same information today.

I'll keep you updated !
Congratulations John. That is good news.

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
samreentariq said:
Well folks it has been a good wait and finally I have my test date given, I have not yet received the letter but ECAS updated today morning for me with a new line :

1) We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 2, 2015.
2) We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2015.
3) We started processing your application on June 11, 2015.
4) Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 16, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
5) We sent you a notice on August 21, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 8, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Time to start reading the book and getting everything in order. Exciteddd !!!
Congratulations Samreen. You are almost there. All the best for your test.

Androse

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Passion2015 said:
Any idea as what will be the reason as my application is still showing a "received" status. Should I call CIC and wait? I applied in Feb 2015 and region is Regina/Saskatoon.

Any other person from same have region has same problem?
Hi Passion2015,

It took me a while before my application went into 'In Process', comparing other members in this forum.
I did try calling CIC. After waiting for about 15 minutes, I was told that it is within the processing time frame, therefore I had to wait. The officer did not want to look at my file. But there are other members who have managed to speak to these officers.
You can try. You never know. Or perhaps order the report to find out the status.

All the best.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ecas changed to say I have my test on the 17th of September!

I will update once I receive the letter :D :D :D

Mirror77

Apr 19, 2015
Hi all,

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 23, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 17, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on March 31, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on April 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 14, 2015 at 10:05 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Now it says Decision Made. What does it mean?

Thanks

USNick

Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
20-03-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-08-11
LANDED..........
30-08-2011
Hi Mirror77 -- most usually, that means that your application has been accepted and you're in queue for an oath invitation. But I guess there's no real way to tell until you get further notification. Some people wait a number of months before they get an oath invite, and some wait less than a month. I'm not sure the call centre would be able (or willing) to tell you what your specific "decision made" means, but it's most probably very good news. Especially if your interview gave you no reason to think otherwise. Congrats!

Mirror77

Apr 19, 2015
USNick said:
Hi Mirror77 -- most usually, that means that your application has been accepted and you're in queue for an oath invitation. But I guess there's no real way to tell until you get further notification. Some people wait a number of months before they get an oath invite, and some wait less than a month. I'm not sure the call centre would be able (or willing) to tell you what your specific "decision made" means, but it's most probably very good news. Especially if your interview gave you no reason to think otherwise. Congrats!
Thanks for the response. Let's hope it is a good news then.

Maverick2k4

May 28, 2008
Passed my test and did the interview with CO.

At the end of interview, I was told that I would receive the oath invite in 2-4 months. So does that mean decision has been made by CO?

Thanks a lot and good luck to everyone who's been waiting!

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Maverick2k4 said:
Passed my test and did the interview with CO.

At the end of interview, I was told that I would receive the oath invite in 2-4 months. So does that mean decision has been made by CO?

Thanks a lot and good luck to everyone who's been waiting!
Congrats

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Good day everyone,

Would someone from Edmonton share with him/her timeline until test ? so I would have an idea about my application. I sent my application on June 8 and I got the AOR on August 10 2015 but not in process yet.

Thanks in advance.

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
FAAMS said:
Good day everyone,

Would someone from Edmonton share with him/her timeline until test ? so I would have an idea about my application. I sent my application on June 8 and I got the AOR on August 10 2015 but not in process yet.

Thanks in advance.
Hi FAAMS,
You can check these threads to have a general idea as each case is unique
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t201157.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/citizenship-test-results-edmonton-office-t96731.0.html
Amissa

DABnyc

Aug 31, 2015
my wife and I are applying for our 4 children. She was born in Canada and I am an American. The 8B section on the grandparents is extremely confusing. We would not answer 'Yes' for any of the questions - because they start with 'if the applicants parent was born outside of Canada…' My wife was born in Canada, so…? In my case, the answer to questions 3) and 4) is 'No' - so we would leave the bottom blank. Logically it seems we would leave the entire page blank. HOWEVER in the online instructions it says simply "Check the box to indicate if one of your grandparents was a Canadian citizen at the time of your Canadian parents’ birth or adoption." - very confused!

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DABnyc said:
my wife and I are applying for our 4 children. She was born in Canada and I am an American. The 8B section on the grandparents is extremely confusing. We would not answer 'Yes' for any of the questions - because they start with 'if the applicants parent was born outside of Canada...' My wife was born in Canada, so...? In my case, the answer to questions 3) and 4) is 'No' - so we would leave the bottom blank. Logically it seems we would leave the entire page blank. HOWEVER in the online instructions it says simply "Check the box to indicate if one of your grandparents was a Canadian citizen at the time of your Canadian parents' birth or adoption." - very confused!
DADnyc,

Good to know you guys are for Citizenship. Quick question? Who is applying for Citizenship?

"my wife and I are applying for our 4 children" Does it means you are already a citizen?

I am applying for citizenship for me and my daughter. Wife for herself. My other children are over 18 so they are doing it for themselves.

All the best,

SFD