+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2014 test & interview passers

Jun 26, 2014
Marylulu said:
Do you call Cic? And can yu share what is your husband timeline?thanks.
Ya we called CIC twice this month and they said its because he had some foreign visas. They requested translations which we gave to them in February. CIC told us not to call back, they said it may take till August19. But I faxed the edmonton office a letter this week so let's see where that gets us.

I can't seem to open his file here on my iPad but my husband has been in Canada since November 2008 and has never left the country. We applied for citizenship in January 2012. And he took his test on Feb.19 2014.

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Tommygirl20247 said:
Ya we called CIC twice this month and they said its because he had some foreign visas. They requested translations which we gave to them in February. CIC told us not to call back, they said it may take till August19. But I faxed the edmonton office a letter this week so let's see where that gets us.

I can't seem to open his file here on my iPad but my husband has been in Canada since November 2008 and has never left the country. We applied for citizenship in January 2012. And he took his test on Feb.19 2014.
[/quote。 we also came to Canada since August 2018,and we apply in July 2012, I have text on Feb 13 2014,still waiting the oat letter,call cic many times,and the answer was different,just waiting....

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed my test with a perfect score on 24th Feb 2014. I was told the oath letter would come in 2-4 months at the most.

I got my 2nd ATIP today. My file was last updated saying 'client passed the 1st test but res concerns/issues not resolved at the time of interview. test results updated as passed on 26th May 2014. file returned to RQ queue'. File location is scarborough RQ shelf. Not sure what FOSS clearance is and if it has an expiration date but passed in July 2013. but its passed. QRC verification expiration is 26th July 2014 and criminal clearance also done expiry in July 2014. Official/grantor's decision pending and hearing status is not required. Also the Judge hearing status says not required and was last updated on 26th May 2014. Also RCMP clearance was renew till Feb 2015.

does this mean, its just question of waiting for clearances for oath scheduling and no hearing will be required? Any more info that anyone has?

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
FOss means that they need check your date which is how long you live in Canada when you apply.RCMP means is check your background .

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
I passed my test with a perfect score on 24th Feb 2014. I was told the oath letter would come in 2-4 months at the most.

I got my 2nd ATIP today. My file was last updated saying 'client passed the 1st test but res concerns/issues not resolved at the time of interview. test results updated as passed on 26th May 2014. file returned to RQ queue'. File location is scarborough RQ shelf. Not sure what FOSS clearance is and if it has an expiration date but passed in July 2013. but its passed. QRC verification expiration is 26th July 2014 and criminal clearance also done expiry in July 2014. Official/grantor's decision pending and hearing status is not required. Also the Judge hearing status says not required and was last updated on 26th May 2014. Also RCMP clearance was renew till Feb 2015.

does this mean, its just question of waiting for clearances for oath scheduling and no hearing will be required? Any more info that anyone has?
Hard to say. It looks like they'll send you RQ.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was just wondering if it looks like any further complications or just a question of redoing the clearances? FOSS as you say if it means how long I have lived in Canada, that means its a reassessment of the RQ I received earlier? how can it be that I passed that earlier?

Marylulu said:
FOss means that they need check your date which is how long you live in Canada when you apply.RCMP means is check your background .

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
BalajiR said:
I was just wondering if it looks like any further complications or just a question of redoing the clearances? FOSS as you say if it means how long I have lived in Canada, that means its a reassessment of the RQ I received earlier? how can it be that I passed that earlier?
I don't understand why they let us text early and didn't sent us oath letter,we have already got RQ.usually ,they need gave us oath letter after finished the text six month.

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
BalajiR said:

I think only CJs can decide if you will need a hearing. From what you provided, it looks like your file has been put back to RQ shelf for further assesesment and has not been forwarded to a CJ yet. What concern did the interviewer had at the time of your post-test interview? did she/he linger on any particular issue and keep asking for clarification? Normally, if our answers could make things clear, we shouldn't see the line you mentioned. I know passing test is 100% by our personal effort, however, in regards to the interview, it would be partially by subjectivity of the interviewer, partially by the way we articulate answers and the rest left to luck..... Keep ordering ATIP notes, I've had zero luck getting anything useful out of call center agents. Until you see "Decision: Approved/Granted", you probably can not just lay back, relax and wait for the oath invitation.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:

My ATIP also says the same. This below comment was updated on 1-May-2014

Applicant passed first test however residence concerns where not resolved at time of interview. File is being returned to RQ queue to be assigned to an Officer for review

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No update on my side. Almost 6 months. So, I just sent them a letter saying 'I am writing to follow-up on my citizenship application as it has been 6 months since my test'.

My timeline is in my signature.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am I the only Feb 2013 tester & interview passer that has not received Oath invitation yet?