+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Feb 2014 test & interview passers

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my guess is that they can actually get the data, but there is a safety clause in place so no one misuses or takes advantage of sensitive information.

just because you work at CIC doesn't mean you have take a look at when your lover is leaving or entering the country kind of deal :D

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's see, if I hear back in 2-3 weeks, that means they actually do have access. If I hear back in 2-3 Months.. then I guess they are still on age-old processes.

chakrab said:
my guess is that they can actually get the data, but there is a safety clause in place so no one misuses or takes advantage of sensitive information.

just because you work at CIC doesn't mean you have take a look at when your lover is leaving or entering the country kind of deal :D

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

Today, I got my Oath notice letter by mail to attend the Oath on March 27 at Scarborough.

Hope all of you will get their Oath notification very soon.

Good luck to everyone!

Ideal-citzn

Mar 15, 2014
Am thanking every member of this forum for their wonderful encouragement to all user. I have benefited so much from ideas of members right from the day I submitted my almighty RQ. I thought I was singled out for RQ and was wondering why? Not until after submitting my RQ that I discovered this forum. Read post and found out that I was not alone. I made up my mind for a long wait after reading post made on the topic. You helped to remove my thoughts of quick conclusion and less stress to my over busy schedule and person. You guys are great, virtually I know most contributors user name as my friends,that I call them with ease each time they make contribution or the all "hallows" oat letter arrives in their mailbox. I jubilates with each receipient. To most of us still waiting, hope is our best bet, it is gradually moving and can not stop because of us, we shall all receive ours soon. Wishing us all a very happy anticipatory waiting period.

App:JUNE 2012
RQ : JUNE 2013
TEST: FEB 03
OAT :

Vangirl

Mar 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just found out my oath date online! (Vancouver office & RQ received May 2013). Here's my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 5, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 5, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2012.

4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2014 at 8:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on March 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Does anyone know how long the ceremony takes?
;D

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Vangirl!

The ceremony usually takes max 2 hours. Good luck! :D

Vangirl said:
Hi everyone,

I just found out my oath date online! (Vancouver office & RQ received May 2013). Here's my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 5, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 5, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2012.

4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2014 at 8:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on March 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Does anyone know how long the ceremony takes?
;D

Purrple

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Member Test/interview Oath Location
(2014)

IcogitoErgoSum Jan 2014 - Montreal, QC
Babygirl1310 Jan 15 ........... March 25 Hamilton, ON
Nguyentu2001 Jan 21............ March 24 Vancouver, ON
Vinaypuri Jan 22 - Scarborough, ON
Bangloboy Jan 30 ............. March 19 Scarborough, ON
Ideal-citzn Feb 3
Amry83 Feb 3 ............. March 24 Windsor, ON
Krish ram Feb 3 ............. March 21 Halifax, NS
Cherrycanada Feb 3 - Saskatoon, SK
expatboarder's wife Feb 4 - Saskatoon, SK
Jabuela Feb 5 - Scarborough, ON
Amy.rahman.123 Feb 5 - Montreal, QC
deepti Feb 6 .............. March 22 Mississauga, ON
ikea17 Feb 6............... March 12 Windsor, ON
Wayne_vega Feb 6 - Mississauga, ON
Citzcan Feb 7 - Winnipeg, MB
Bdutta Feb 10 - St Clair
Nara Feb 10 ........... March 27 Scarborough, ON
raids865 Feb 11 ............ March 10 Surrey, BC
Chrysss's friend! Feb 11 ............ March 7 Scarborough, ON
Radnypandy Feb 11 ............ March 11 Scarborough, ON
Canacit Feb 11 - Ottawa, ON
VanGirl Feb 13 ........... March 28 Vancouver, BC
Toronto60 Feb 13 - St Clair
Cadbury74 Feb 13 - Ottawa, ON
anish_s Feb 13 - Montreal, QC
Balajir's wife Feb 18 ........... March 22 Scarborough, ON
MecMec Feb 18 - Ottawa, ON
Nguyentu's wife Feb 19 .......... March 24 Vancouver
Chakrab Feb 20 .......... March 24 Windsor, ON
Chrysss Feb 21 -
QAI Feb 21 -
nnlhb Feb 21..............March 25 Kitchener, ON
Yafayu Feb 21............ March 15 Scarborough, ON
Muti Feb 24 ............. Feb 28 Mississauga, ON
Purrple Feb 24 - Windsor, ON
Bravepeople Feb 24 - St Clair
Balajir Feb 24 - St Clair
Donizinho Feb 28 - Montreal, QC

Feb 18, 2014
thanks purrple for updating the table....... I appreciate your effort......
Fellow montreal applicant I am wondering how long will it take for oath....... On the table there are 4 applicants from montreal none of us received any notification.... If you recieve the oath notice i would really appreciate that you guys let us know. I beleive it will help us to estimate how long it might take.....

Eagerly waiting for Oath notice

Purrple

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well - the Scarborough, Montreal and Saskatoon folks seem a little slow but hey, its just mid-March :)

If there's any good news, do share with us and I will try to keep the table to-date.

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amy.rahman.123 said:
thanks purrple for updating the table....... I appreciate your effort......
Fellow montreal applicant I am wondering how long will it take for oath....... On the table there are 4 applicants from montreal none of us received any notification.... If you recieve the oath notice i would really appreciate that you guys let us know. I beleive it will help us to estimate how long it might take.....

Eagerly waiting for Oath notice
amy.rahman.123
YOu should be the first one to receive the oath date, as you are the one who did the test in the begining of February. :)
But don't worry, when we receive the oath's letter, we will post here.

Let's hope for the best!

Purrple

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A friend of mine (not participating in this forum) had their test in Windsor on Feb 28.
They received their invitation for Oath yesterday to attend ceremony on March 25th.

4S

Mar 2, 2014
Ratings: +0

Re: Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office
« Reply #440 on: March 19, 2014, 06:58:53 am »
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 5, 2012.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 5, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 29, 2012.

4.We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 4, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5.We sent you a notice on March 14, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 31, 2014 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

The wait is over everyone, Thanks to God first and for all of you and the good work of analyzing, observing and insights. I have been jumping between the threads and believe me this group (thread) is the best.

I believe I am the first one here whose e-case is updated prior to receive any letter yet. It happened twice now, first when I got my test invitation and second when I got the oath invitation.

I have been Pre-test RQ'd, simply because we left Canada after first landing and came back after three years from first landing, that being said, we never left since we came back, which, in my opinion made it easier for the officer to track, specially when she reviewed my (last 4-year passport), which has only two stamps, the departure from home and arrival to Toronto.

My case's local office is Scarborough
RQ received from Scarborough Centre in Jan 2013
RQ sent back to Scarborough Centre end of Feb 2013, no subsequent correspondences or fingerprints.

Prepare for citizenship test received beginning of Jan 2014, although letter dated Dec 22, 2013

Letter to write citizenship test received Jan 20, 2014, dated Jan 16, 2014 (e-case updated before receiving the letter)

Test taken at St. Clair Tuesday Feb 4, 2014 (1:30pm session)

Full mark, and a piece of info here, since I received the note to prepare for the test, I read the book more than five times, practice online, I believe I did more than a 1000 questions, of course they are not more than 100 different questions but overlapping each time you run it, it helped me a lot write the test very comfortably.

Interview went very fine, she showed us the score, we signed, she only asked for landing papers, two pieces of ID, PR's and last 4-year passports (in our case one passport).

She skimmed it, and asked routine questions, are you still in the same job? Do you have any criminal records?

At the end she said, I have no further questions, your file will be reviewed by a CJ, if everything is complete you will receive the oath letter.

During reviewing our papers, there was a checklist on the face of the file, and she was ticking while reviewing and asking. She mentioned nothing about the expected time of receiving the oath letter, however, I remember before writing the test, the instructor announced that anyone who will be out of country during the coming three months is highly recommended to call CIC and inform them so oath would be rescheduled, this was the only hint that oath invitations, in general, should be within the coming three months.

Like everyone who already received the oath, I say to all who are still waiting, hang in and hold the perseverance, you are all almost there.

For those who receive RQ after the test, pray and hope for the best.

Once again, thank you everybody and best of luck

4S