Feb 2014 test & interview passers

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wayne_vega said:
Hi, Purrple.
No, I haven't thought of requesting ATIP. To be honest, I'm in no rush at all to have Canadian citizenship. My passport has US visa in it and I can pretty much go anywhere I want with it. It also expires until 2016. PR card expires next year.
But I guess it would be nice to be able to vote against that bozo mayor we have or to be able to apply for a job at CSIS.
Other than that, I'm ok as a PR.
Nice Outlook Wayne_Vega..

I have come to a conclusion.. the Murphy's law applies here.. the sooner you want your citizenship to come, the more time it takes...

kaylink

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
The person who took our interview at the time of taking our test and the person who delivered his speech to the test take before test, they lied to us about the oath letter timing and its confirmed me by the agent from CIC call center. Why they did that yo us?

Whom should we ask this ?

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto60 said:
I was told to wait oath letter between 2-4 months, 9 weeks already passed :( :(
I was told the same. 2-4 months. I completed 2 months. Another 2 more months. I have request for AITP. hopefully I'll have the oath invite before I get the AITP.

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
I was told the same. 2-4 months. I completed 2 months. Another 2 more months. I have request for AITP. hopefully I'll have the oath invite before I get the AITP.
Did you request electronic or physical AITP

Purrple

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was told I'll hear back in 2 to 6 weeks. I heard back on week 8.

I wouldnt say they "lie". I guess everyone follows their own protocol. The call centre has a standard answer for ALLL locations (within 6 months as indicated in the website/ or within 36 months for RQ applicants). Clearly we are not looking for the "standard" answer, rather a "case specific" anwer. I guess the local officers speak from their perspective (depending on their knowledge of local processing timeline etc). Hence the directions provided to us dont match!!

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
I requested AITP just yesterday. so will have to wait.
You have possibilities to order AITP from the physical or electronic file, which did you choose?

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto60 said:
You have possibilities to order AITP from the physical or electronic file, which did you choose?
Am not sure what the difference would be. But I requested for electronic file.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC call center and they had no updates. Last time, they said to not call before April 2015. This time they said, not call before August 2014 (6 months after test). Because they really can't do anything until 6 months have passed.

toronto60

Mar 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today i was told CIC set the email to St. Clair on the 14th of April (after my previous call to CIC), to ask about my test result, why they haven't been been uploaded yet. I do no know if this is good or not, if this will reflect my application

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today my husband called and the agent said that our file was approved by the judge, but he put a note that our background check is not valid anymore and they should do another soon.

Do you knows what it means?

kaylink

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
No, she specifically said the person at the time of test who gave us wrong information. so whom should we believe - cic agent or interview taker. According to interview taker saying, 3 moth already passed for some people of this topic's group but no response they got yet. You know waiting mater is very hard to every one, it's killing us every moment.

Purrple said:
I was told I'll hear back in 2 to 6 weeks. I heard back on week 8.

I wouldnt say they "lie". I guess everyone follows their own protocol. The call centre has a standard answer for ALLL locations (within 6 months as indicated in the website/ or within 36 months for RQ applicants). Clearly we are not looking for the "standard" answer, rather a "case specific" anwer. I guess the local officers speak from their perspective (depending on their knowledge of local processing timeline etc). Hence the directions provided to us dont match!!

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This means that all the security clearances have to be renewed (CSIS+FOSS+RCMP etc...)...
One they are renewed and valid your application will proceed to the next step...
Good Luck!

Donizinho said:
Today my husband called and the agent said that our file was approved by the judge, but he put a note that our background check is not valid anymore and they should do another soon.

Do you knows what it means?