Feb 2014 test & interview passers

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Feb 2014 test & interview passersu

So Concerned said:
Febs it seems there is an obvious delay to issue letters for most of us? My question is that why they issue oath letter to of test takers right after the test and some have to wait at least 8 weeks? Is that based on the file status and eligibility or just a matter of a random scheduling? When we had our test on feb 20 between 4-6pm none of the test takers handed oath letter whereas the previous group 2-4pm almost everyone handed oath letter? I know this question might answered before but I am trying to understand how it works? Folks let's stay positive and patience we all on the same boat!
Yeah, SoConcerned, we MUST stay positive and patience! ::)

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Feb 2014 test & interview passersu

So Concerned said:
Febs it seems there is an obvious delay to issue letters for most of us? My question is that why they issue oath letter to of test takers right after the test and some have to wait at least 8 weeks? Is that based on the file status and eligibility or just a matter of a random scheduling? When we had our test on feb 20 between 4-6pm none of the test takers handed oath letter whereas the previous group 2-4pm almost everyone handed oath letter? I know this question might answered before but I am trying to understand how it works? Folks let's stay positive and patience we all on the same boat!
My personal theory is that it depends on the officer that interviewed you. Officer could be lazy or may have gone on vacation. For example, in my case, the officer that was interviewing me did not go through each page of passport to check for stamps.

Instead, the officer asked my wife and me to photocopy all pages of passport (showing stamps) and said, she'd look at them in her office later!!!

Maybe she suspected some wrong doing and decided to give us an RQ (which means, it's no use checking passport during interview) OR maybe she is just lazy and put in a pile of files that she will look at later. I haven't gotten RQ yet so I think maybe she was just being lazy.

And then later on, she has more interviews and her pile of file just keeps growing and growing until somebody complains.

But we can't complain until 6 months are up. So, she gets by for a long time.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC yesterday and they told me my test results are not uploaded and also RQ documents sent not reviewed yet. but she said she'll send a note to remind the officer to upload the test results. She told that my file is still at St. Claire. But she said she has pretty much till the end of next year which is 36 months from the date of application.

My gut feeling is that I should have the oath invitation by end of May 2014 at the most...........

trying to stay positive.......

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Nothing so far for me! Folks I think I only left from Feb not received the oath letter,! What that tells me is I should prepare for the worse 6 weeks and 3 days went by.? Febs should I call them but I did that before 2 weeks and mentioned result was updated but no decision was made yet.? What's your advise?

Test February 20th!

Purrple

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The whole process is like a "true" test of patience ...

Member Test/interview Oath Location
(2014)
IcogitoErgoSum Jan 2014 - Montreal, QC
Babygirl1310 Jan 15 ........... March 25 Hamilton, ON
Nguyentu2001 Jan 21............ March 24 Vancouver, ON
Vinaypuri Jan 22 - Scarborough, ON
Bangloboy Jan 30 ............. March 19 Scarborough, ON
Ideal-citzn Feb 3------------- April 8 Scarborough,ON
Amry83 Feb 3 ............. March 24 Windsor, ON
Krish ram Feb 3 ............. March 21 Halifax, NS
Cherrycanada Feb 3 - Saskatoon, SK
expatboarder's wife Feb 4 - Saskatoon, SK
Jabuela Feb 5 - Scarborough, ON
Amy.rahman.123 Feb 5 - Montreal, QC
deepti Feb 6 .............. March 22 Mississauga, ON
ikea17 Feb 6............... March 12 Windsor, ON
Wayne_vega Feb 6 - Mississauga, ON
Citzcan Feb 7 - Winnipeg, MB
Bdutta Feb 10 - St Clair
Nara Feb 10 ........... March 27 Scarborough, ON
raids865 Feb 11 ............ March 10 Surrey, BC
Chrysss's friend! Feb 11 ............ March 7 Scarborough, ON
Radnypandy Feb 11 ............ March 11 Scarborough, ON
Canacit Feb 11 ........... April 7 Ottawa, ON
VanGirl Feb 13 ........... March 28 Vancouver, BC
Toronto60 Feb 13 - St Clair
Cadbury74 Feb 13 ............ April 1 Ottawa, ON
anish_s Feb 13 - Montreal, QC
Balajir's wife Feb 18 ........... March 22 Scarborough, ON
MecMec Feb 18 - Ottawa, ON
Nguyentu's wife Feb 19 ........... March 24 Vancouver
Chakrab Feb 20 .......... March 24 Windsor, ON
Canadiancoops Feb 21 ........... March 26 Calgary
babariz Feb 21 - Test @ St Clair (originally from M.ssauga)
Chrysss Feb 21 -
QAI Feb 21 -
nnlhb Feb 21..............March 25 Kitchener, ON
Yafayu Feb 21............ March 15 Scarborough, ON
Muti Feb 24 ............. Feb 28 Mississauga, ON
Chillsummer Feb 24 ........... March 25 Kitchener, ON
Purrple Feb 24 - Windsor, ON
Bravepeople Feb 24 - St Clair
Balajir Feb 24 - St Clair
smrt Feb 26 Calgary
Donizinho Feb 28 - Montreal, QC

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
So Concerned said:
Nothing so far for me! Folks I think I only left from Feb not received the oath letter,! What that tells me is I should prepare for the worse 6 weeks and 3 days went by.? Febs should I call them but I did that before 2 weeks and mentioned result was updated but no decision was made yet.? What's your advise?

Test February 20th!
If you look a the table above, you will see that you are not the only one left from February.
My advice to you is be patient and keep waiting!
Wayne.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No news yet from my side I am still waiting anyone any news. :-[

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called call center and I told the lady, that during the test we were told that we'll hear within 2 months. But we haven't heard anything so we were just getting a little concerned.

She seemed shocked and asked me 3 times, who told you that you'll hear in 2 months? officer? What? they wrote it on the board?

And then she put me on hold. Came back, and asked me again a couple of times.

And then said, there is no update on your file. You passed the test on Feb 21 and that's all there is right now.

Then she said again, and you were told 2 months? We want to keep track of what these local offices are saying so I'll make a note of it.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this! Maybe they'd yell at the local office for announcing 2 months and then local office would my file on the back burner to punish me!!!

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chrysss said:
I just called call center and I told the lady, that during the test we were told that we'll hear within 2 months. But we haven't heard anything so we were just getting a little concerned.

She seemed shocked and asked me 3 times, who told you that you'll hear in 2 months? officer? What? they wrote it on the board?

And then she put me on hold. Came back, and asked me again a couple of times.

And then said, there is no update on your file. You passed the test on Feb 21 and that's all there is right now.

Then she said again, and you were told 2 months? We want to keep track of what these local offices are saying so I'll make a note of it.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this! Maybe they'd yell at the local office for announcing 2 months and then local office would my file on the back burner to punish me!!!
Don't worry chrysss I will call them tomorrow and I will say the same thing u just said except we were told 2-4 months I still have like 7 weeks to finish the 4 months mark. that way u wont be alone maybe if many of us called and said what we were told they will call the local office to make them rush, and not give any short time promises that they can't keep. I am feeling mad at CIC looks like the officer who's holding my file uses it as a mat for his tea time or snack at the office so all the crumbs from his sandwich and cookies can fall on it, not to mess the other files.... just trying to make a joke. yah the first time I called CIC I was told it will take 24 months and I am like what the heck, and she is like oh you might get it before 2015 maybe. I called again few days ago I was told still in process, anyways I just don't understand how they work, I am mad at one thing and that's I don't know how the system works. if they are not going to send me an RQ of any form, why delay the process. while I see people whom their files processed later and took the test later and yet either got their citizen already or received an oath, while others still waiting who even applied since 2011. I understand they are trying to pick up their S**** but its not enough what they are doing and not even fare for those who have been waiting since 2010 or 2011. The least they could do explain to us the process, or they give us an accurate information. I need to travel for an emergency I am even scared to ask for he emergency process because I have been reading its a way to an RQ, I am not sure if its true, but yah who wants to wait even longer, 2 months an I am already frustrated. I cheer all of u who have been waiting for 2+ years for your file process. Good luck to all of u, and me .

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I totally agree! We became a victim of nonsense that affected some of us! Patience is the key I think and hopefully soon fairness will prevail. Blessing!

Purrple

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, when i called cic in the past, I had mentioned to the rep that the officer during my test mentioned that i should hear back in 2 to 8 weeks about Oath. Rep said officer is incorrect and the cic website has been updated to indicate that oath could be scheduled any time within 6 months after the test :)

kaylink

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
The question is whom to believe - CIC website or Interviewer ????
Of course we have to believe Interviewer because who updates us about the further information after our exam.

rk3

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I had test in Hamilton in 1st week Feb. From several forums I have learnt that No One and really NO ONE on the forum has reported any ath being scheduled.

Not a good trend ...

I ordereed ATIP. My ATIL shows the following key remarks 4 days after the test date:

Under Activites:

Activites 7
Type Decision
Status Granted

Sub Activity 1
Type: Judge's Decision
Judge Name: (Judge's Name is mentioned)

Sub Activity 2
Type: Official's/Grantor's Decision

Activites 8
Type: Hearing

Sub Activity 1
Type: Record Hearing Results

There are test results that show as passed...

All this was done 8 weeks ago.. Since then, No News from Hamilton CIC.

Hoping and Waiting!!!

Purrple

Nov 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing rk3. If I'm interpreting this correctly, everything is your file is in good standing and all clear for the next step i.e. oath.

I guess its just the administrative formalities from their part .. I cannot speak about Hamilton but Torontonian2003 (in another thread) has prepared an awesome spreadsheet. You may want to check that.