+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fear of getting banned.

Joy Enaholo

Jun 6, 2020
Hi All,

Please I need help as I am very confused and don't know what to do.
I applied for the study permit visa about 6 weeks ago...I just decided to go through my application this evening and I realized I made a huge mistake that may be said to be a misrepresentation. The question of "have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country", I selected No instead of Yes. I was refused a tourist visa to Portugal last year. I submitted a web form immediately I noticed the error, stating how I was refused and the reason I was refused. It was genuinely an oversight.
Please do you think I should withdraw my application immediately or I should wait till I get a response?
Please help!!

Bukks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for the study permit visa about 6 weeks ago...I just decided to go through my application this evening and I realized I made a huge mistake that may be said to be a misrepresentation. The question of "have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country", I selected No instead of Yes. I was refused a tourist visa to Portugal last year. I submitted a web form immediately I noticed the error, stating how I was refused and the reason I was refused. It was genuinely an oversight.
Please do you think I should withdraw my application immediately or I should wait till I get a response?
Please help!!
Well, withholding any information especially visa refusal is termed as ‘misinterpretation’ knowingly or otherwise. But at the end of day, Keep your fingers crossed and pray

Reactions: Joy Enaholo

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Please help!!
Either withdraw your application or send a case specific inquiry to correct this information.

Do not just wait for a response and do nothing. If you do nothing and wait, you're risking being banned from Canada for 5 years for misrepresentation.

Reactions: dreamy2536

Joy Enaholo

Jun 6, 2020
Either withdraw your application or send a case specific inquiry to correct this information.

Do not just wait for a response and do nothing. If you do nothing and wait, you're risking being banned from Canada for 5 years for misrepresentation.

Thank you scylla. I sent a case-specific inquiry (webform) immediately I noticed the error. Do you think it is sufficient enough?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Thank you scylla. I sent a case-specific inquiry (webform) immediately I noticed the error. Do you think it is sufficient enough?
That's risky. It has been documented on this forum that more often than not, the webform is largely ignored. If you want to truly be safe then you can cancel and apply again however you'd have to pay the fee once again. So the choice is up to you.

Joy Enaholo

Jun 6, 2020
That's risky. It has been documented on this forum that more often than not, the webform is largely ignored. If you want to truly be safe then you can cancel and apply again however you'd have to pay the fee once again. So the choice is up to you.
Thank you very much for replying. I am just worried, what if they have already started to process the application, won't it look suspicious? I applied about 7 weeks ago. Also, it is almost too late to apply for the fall semester, seeing that I am supposed to resume on the 8th of September.
Tomorrow will make it 5 days since I submitted the webform, do I wait to see if I get a response from them first?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Thank you very much for replying. I am just worried, what if they have already started to process the application, won't it look suspicious? I applied about 7 weeks ago. Also, it is almost too late to apply for the fall semester, seeing that I am supposed to resume on the 8th of September.
Tomorrow will make it 5 days since I submitted the webform, do I wait to see if I get a response from them first?
Again, that's a choice you're going to have to make. Will it look suspicious, I personally don't think so. The fact that you have sent them a webform may help your case in the event that you do get refused but again these are all hypothetical situations. You will have to do whatever works out for you

Joy Enaholo

Jun 6, 2020
Again, that's a choice you're going to have to make. Will it look suspicious, I personally don't think so. The fact that you have sent them a webform may help your case in the event that you do get refused but again these are all hypothetical situations. You will have to do whatever works out for you
Thank you

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hi All,

Please help!!
Did you attach a new application form to your webform? If you didnt attach a new application form, it would be denied and you could be banned for 5 years for misrep. If you attached a new form, better for you.

There is also the risk that the Visa Officer processing your application may not see your webform. You should have withdrawn the application when you saw your mistake and then reapply. Although withdrawing could take up to 4 weeks or more before IRCC finally withdraws the app, let alone now that there is COVID-19. Since you have already submitted a webform, I would say keep your fingers crossed and see what happens. You could be lucky and they don't find your earlier refusal information. It's not all countries that IRCC shares visa record information with. If ti was the US, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, France, I would be 100 percent sure they would catch it. Nevertheless, if the refusal was stamped on your passport, like some countries do, then that is another question.

If they haven't started processing your application, I would say you should complete a new app form with correct info and upload it with a clear explanation of what went wrong.

Joy Enaholo

Jun 6, 2020
Did you attach a new application form to your webform? If you didnt attach a new application form, it would be denied and you could be banned for 5 years for misrep. If you attached a new form, better for you.

There is also the risk that the Visa Officer processing your application may not see your webform. You should have withdrawn the application when you saw your mistake and then reapply. Although withdrawing could take up to 4 weeks or more before IRCC finally withdraws the app, let alone now that there is COVID-19. Since you have already submitted a webform, I would say keep your fingers crossed and see what happens. You could be lucky and they don't find your earlier refusal information. It's not all countries that IRCC shares visa record information with. If ti was the US, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, France, I would be 100 percent sure they would catch it. Nevertheless, if the refusal was stamped on your passport, like some countries do, then that is another question.

If they haven't started processing your application, I would say you should complete a new app form with correct info and upload it with a clear explanation of what went wrong.
Thank you very much for responding. I did not attach a new application form, but I will do it immediately. Thankfully, the refusal was not stamped on my passport.

Joy Enaholo

Jun 6, 2020

Please is there a limit to the number of web forms one can submit because I have submitted 2 already.

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Unless very unlucky, I dont think they will know if your visa for any other country was denied ....... my personal opinion...