+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
I applied through a new online application process (eDO) which was started some time back. Looks like you used the old process which take 3-4 months. I think there is an option to convert to the faster eDO. Just check the forum and people have discussed that earlier. There should be details on FBI portal as well on how to convert that to the faster online application process.
I am not a US citizen or PR. I stayed in US for few years and now currently working in India. Can i apply for eDO even when not residing in USA?

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Yes you can - Its open for everyone.I am not a US citizen either and got the PCC ins 2-3 days through eDO. Go for it.
Thanks a lot, so i can apply from India. I have already applied for mailing option and it reached FBI on June 14th. Looks like it will take 3 or 4 months to get the PCC. I have one question. I have a CRS score of 453 and want to create express entry asap. I am just waiting for PCC, since the CIC has reduced the duration to 60 days. I want to apply along with my PCC. Now i want to go with eDO option. May i know once after getting PCC from EDO, can we request FBI to not charge my mail request or discard it?

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Thanks a lot, so i can apply from India. I have already applied for mailing option and it reached FBI on June 14th. Looks like it will take 3 or 4 months to get the PCC. I have one question. I have a CRS score of 453 and want to create express entry asap. I am just waiting for PCC, since the CIC has reduced the duration to 60 days. I want to apply along with my PCC. Now i want to go with eDO option. May i know once after getting PCC from EDO, can we request FBI to not charge my mail request or discard it?
You can even request them to convert your mail request to eDO. Its mentioned on their home page on how to convert.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Option to Resubmit via eDO

If you submitted an Identity History Summary request on or after November 1, 2017 via trackable mail only, you have the option to resubmit the request electronically via eDO.
  • Visit https://www.edo.cjis.gov and submit your application and payment.
  • Forward your eDO confirmation e-mail to identity@fbi.gov and include the following mandatoryinformation in your e-mail: mailing address, telephone number, name of carrier service (i.e., FedEx, USPS, DHL, UPS, etc.), and the carrier tracking number for your original request.
  • Upon receipt of your e-mail, we will locate your original request and use your previously submitted fingerprint card to process your electronic request.
  • Note: You will only be charged for your eDO request. If you submitted a certified check or money order with your original request, it will be returned to the payer via U.S. Postal Service First-Class Mail. If you submitted credit card information, it will be securely destroyed.

Reactions: navkrish

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
You can even request them to convert your mail request to eDO. Its mentioned on their home page on how to convert.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Option to Resubmit via eDO

If you submitted an Identity History Summary request on or after November 1, 2017 via trackable mail only, you have the option to resubmit the request electronically via eDO.
  • Visit https://www.edo.cjis.gov and submit your application and payment.
  • Forward your eDO confirmation e-mail to identity@fbi.gov and include the following mandatoryinformation in your e-mail: mailing address, telephone number, name of carrier service (i.e., FedEx, USPS, DHL, UPS, etc.), and the carrier tracking number for your original request.
  • Upon receipt of your e-mail, we will locate your original request and use your previously submitted fingerprint card to process your electronic request.
  • Note: You will only be charged for your eDO request. If you submitted a certified check or money order with your original request, it will be returned to the payer via U.S. Postal Service First-Class Mail. If you submitted credit card information, it will be securely destroyed.
Thanks a lot, i would surely proceed with eDO. God bless you!

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
On a sidenote, how long is it valid for? I got FBI PCC in last week of April. I got my IELTS result last week and *should* get the ITA the coming week. Can I still upload the copy or do I need to order a new one?

JaiCanada

Feb 9, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Med's Done....
12-06-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2018
LANDED..........
02-11-2018
hi all,

how do you get the response from FBI, will they send you an email with answer ?
if you have used the eDO option, then everything is over email. even the PCC is given over email, while they mail a hard copy (looks like a printout of the attacment you get in email) is delivered in a week or two.

Reactions: SJPLAMA

SJPLAMA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
if you have used the eDO option, then everything is over email. even the PCC is given over email, while they mail a hard copy (looks like a printout of the attacment you get in email) is delivered in a week or two.
Thank you,
I just did eDO last week, and it shows they received my fingerprint yesterday.

JaiCanada

Feb 9, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Med's Done....
12-06-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2018
LANDED..........
02-11-2018
Thank you,
I just did eDO last week, and it shows they received my fingerprint yesterday.
If the timelines are still the same as Feb 2018 (when I got mine), you should get the email by end of this week :)