+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

Why would IRCC need to accept the Fingerprints ? FD-258 Fingerprint card needs to be accepted by FBI only, correct ? My understanding is that we need to submit our USA FBI PCC to the IRCC and not the fingerprinting card. Is that correct or please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!
I concur. How does IRCC feature in the FBI PCC process? FBI even accepts self-fingerprinting (though recommends a professional to do it) for that matter. IRCC will only accept an FBI PCC done via Channelers/LiveScan for US Citizen/Permanent Residents. For Inked prints, there is no clause specifying where we get those done from. FBI will accept the prints as long as they're legible.

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
I concur. How does IRCC feature in the FBI PCC process? FBI even accepts self-fingerprinting (though recommends a professional to do it) for that matter. IRCC will only accept an FBI PCC done via Channelers/LiveScan for US Citizen/Permanent Residents. For Inked prints, there is no clause specifying where we get those done from. FBI will accept the prints as long as they're legible.
Got it ... One other thing is that, the channeler facility for non U.S citizen is dependent on the channeler, whether they can process it or not. Its upto them and their policies to decide. FBI website doesn't say that it won't accept requests from channelers for non U.S citizens though, if we read the clause from FBI site carefully.

• An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”).
I know people from other forums who even got their PR by getting an FBI PCC from a channeler who are non U.S citizens without GC.

Reactions: abhcan and Amar55

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hi,

If you are not a US citizen you will need to get fingerprints from the nearest police station. Fingerprints from third arty agencies will not be accepted by IRCC. Check with your nearest police department. Hope this helps.

Regards
I'm not a U.S citizen nor a GC holder. I took fingerprints(digital) from a nearby fingerprinting agency in my area and sent them to FBI. Do you mean it will be rejected by the FBI ?

vvijay26

Dec 1, 2017
I'm not a U.S citizen nor a GC holder. I took fingerprints(digital) from a nearby fingerprinting agency in my area and sent them to FBI. Do you mean it will be rejected by the FBI ?
Hi bluehorse, do you mind sharing the name of the agency? No one around my area has ability to print digital prints on fd258, they are always doing ink :-(

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Hi bluehorse, do you mind sharing the name of the agency? No one around my area has ability to print digital prints on fd258, they are always doing ink :-(
ink is ok,... mine got approved with ink.

Got it ... One other thing is that, the channeler facility for non U.S citizen is dependent on the channeler, whether they can process it or not. Its upto them and their policies to decide. FBI website doesn't say that it won't accept requests from channelers for non U.S citizens though, if we read the clause from FBI site carefully.

• An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”).
I know people from other forums who even got their PR by getting an FBI PCC from a channeler who are non U.S citizens without GC.
I would really like to know how successful a route this is (in terms of approval by IRCC). I've read about these cases as well, but I'm not sure about taking a chance. I am not a US person (Citizen/GC Holder) - so I have sent in my application via snail mail - but if IRCC does accept reports obtained after using a channeler to send prints to the FBI, I would certainly want to know what the chances of success are.

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
I would really like to know how successful a route this is (in terms of approval by IRCC). I've read about these cases as well, but I'm not sure about taking a chance. I am not a US person (Citizen/GC Holder) - so I have sent in my application via snail mail - but if IRCC does accept reports obtained after using a channeler to send prints to the FBI, I would certainly want to know what the chances of success are.
I read like the FBI PCC issued for non U.S citizens and citizens/GC holders look alike and IRCC cannot make out a difference whether a channeler was used/not just by looking at it. They will reach out to FBI obviously(the issuing authority) to verify the authenticity of that document. If FBI is fine and okay in accepting an processing applications from non U.S citizens via channelers, I think IRCC also will not have any problems as its a legal route. However, I thought of not taking that route :)

Reactions: 8494193

I read like the FBI PCC issued for non U.S citizens and citizens/GC holders look alike and IRCC cannot make out a difference whether a channeler was used/not just by looking at it. They will reach out to FBI obviously(the issuing authority) to verify the authenticity of that document. If FBI is fine and okay in accepting an processing applications from non U.S citizens via channelers, I think IRCC also will not have any problems as its a legal route. However, I thought of not taking that route :)
Agreed. Hence, I too decided to opt for waiting rather than going the sketchy route :)

Reactions: bluehorse

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
ink is ok,... mine got approved with ink.
Ink is always fine but there are 50:50 chances that it might get rejected because of various reasons. With digital, it will get approved 100%.

prerna4rishav

Apr 21, 2017
I have a question regarding the FBI PCC submission.

I have submitted my eAPR on Nov 15th without USA FBI PCC and got an extension of 2 months to upload the PCC. There's a separate link now attached to the list of documents referred as 'Replacement Needed' and 'Required by date' where I am supposed to upload the PCC once I get it.

Now I have got my PCC, so am I supposed to just upload it in the designated link in my Online Application or in addition to that I need to raise a CSE and inform them as well ?

I have submitted my eAPR on Nov 15th without USA FBI PCC and got an extension of 2 months to upload the PCC. There's a separate link now attached to the list of documents referred as 'Replacement Needed' and 'Required by date' where I am supposed to upload the PCC once I get it.

Now I have got my PCC, so am I supposed to just upload it in the designated link in my Online Application or in addition to that I need to raise a CSE and inform them as well ?
If you have an upload field, no CSE is needed. Just upload the PCC and you should be good to go.

Reactions: prerna4rishav

Nomenome

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hello , pls I have a question. I submitted my application without FBI PCC I included a letter of explaination. It's over a week since I submitted. I haven't gotten any mail from IRRC yet. Just the Acknowledgement of receipt. How do I know if I got an extension?

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Ink is always fine but there are 50:50 chances that it might get rejected because of various reasons. With digital, it will get approved 100%.
Ya. U should send 4-5 copies if u r doing on ur own. If u using help of professional then i think 1 or 2 may b enough. Bcz they really take good fingerprints with ink. So dont worry and dont get late. Fbi already takes a lot of time processing them.

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018

Ya. U need to upload it in the replacement needed column. Its for fbi pcc. Might be written there fbi police clearance on the left.

Reactions: prerna4rishav