+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

cvgas

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
When this happened to me I only found out when I called after only getting my husband's report back. I had called when our cards were charged (it had looked like only one was charged but that was just my card not showing the charge unless I pulled up a detailed transaction list) but they didn't say anything then. A few days after getting my husband's report, I got a letter from them saying my prints hadn't worked. It included a fresh FD-258 fingerprint sheet too.
And where did you go take the prints? UPS?

Vikasnarru

Nov 16, 2017
Are you asking for another extension on your application? How are you handling this situation with IRCC?
I thought and decided that i will decline my ITA. My score is pretty decent (481) so another ITA will come by Mid Dec and I will buy fresh 3 months to apply. If everything goes well this time then I will get FBI report somewhere around March 1st week and can apply with all the docs.

By the way, I went to UPS again (a different location) and sent 4 copies of my wife's fingerprints in 2 separate envelopes to request for 2 reports. And this time, we took digitally scanned fingerprints.
Fingers crossed for Mar 2018. The wait really sucks though.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
And where did you go take the prints? UPS?
I had gotten my first set at my local police station in ink. For the second set, I used a channeler since I'm eligible for that route; they used a digital scanner. It took 4 tries to get their machine to take my left hand's prints . . . I definitely recommend multiple sheets for anyone applying by paper, and especially those re-applying after bad prints.

I should note I have a hard time getting my phone to read my prints to log me in, especially if I use my left-hand fingers, so that should have been my warning sign that I might have issues! I just thought my phone was being a pain but maybe not!

amit12344321

Nov 18, 2017
I am just joining this form. I will appreciate if someone can let me how can I find fingerprint card location that is acceptable to FBI. Soneone also said that they used USPS. Please advise on what is the best way

cvgas

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
I thought and decided that i will decline my ITA. My score is pretty decent (481) so another ITA will come by Mid Dec and I will buy fresh 3 months to apply. If everything goes well this time then I will get FBI report somewhere around March 1st week and can apply with all the docs.

By the way, I went to UPS again (a different location) and sent 4 copies of my wife's fingerprints in 2 separate envelopes to request for 2 reports. And this time, we took digitally scanned fingerprints.
Fingers crossed for Mar 2018. The wait really sucks though.
I didn't know UPS could do digital prints. How does that work? They take it digitally and print it on FD-258? Can you please share the location if it is in the NJ area. I am on H1B and I was under the impression that I could only do regular paper finger prints. My application was received on August 18th. Just want to be ready with next course of action in case it does not pan out as expected.

cvgas

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
I had gotten my first set at my local police station in ink. For the second set, I used a channeler since I'm eligible for that route; they used a digital scanner. It took 4 tries to get their machine to take my left hand's prints . . . I definitely recommend multiple sheets for anyone applying by paper, and especially those re-applying after bad prints.

I should note I have a hard time getting my phone to read my prints to log me in, especially if I use my left-hand fingers, so that should have been my warning sign that I might have issues! I just thought my phone was being a pain but maybe not!
My understanding is that Channeler service is available only to US citizens. I am on H1B, is there way to go the digital route, at least the machine will tell if the prints are good, before getting in the 4 month long line. And how does the channeler service work? Do they send it electronically to FBI or print on FD-258 for give it you to post.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
My understanding is that Channeler service is available only to US citizens. I am on H1B, is there way to go the digital route, at least the machine will tell if the prints are good, before getting in the 4 month long line. And how does the channeler service work? Do they send it electronically to FBI or print on FD-258 for give it you to post.
It's citizens and permanent residents so it sounds like you're not eligible. You may be able to find a place that does prints digitally but I don't think I had that option (outside of the channeler). I don't know if places that do that send them or print them for you. Maybe try calling around to police departments? If they can't do it, they may know. When my channeler did the digital prints, the machine could tell if they were good enough or not which was the big advantage after my ink versions failed.

Channelers use different ways of handling the prints. Mine took and sent them digitally (and I had my report within minutes) while others have customers send them an FD-258. I assume they scan it and send that digitally to the FBI, but that's purely a guess on my part.

gurpidesa

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
I got my digital prints from an agency called 'Fingerprint Innovations Inc' near Boston, MA. They print out the fingerprints on FD-258 document and then I sent those cards along with my Application to FBI. Probably you could find a similar agency like this near to your location. the print quality looked really good though.

cvgas

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
I am just joining this form. I will appreciate if someone can let me how can I find fingerprint card location that is acceptable to FBI. Soneone also said that they used USPS. Please advise on what is the best way
Call fingerprinting agencies around your location. Get digital prints and have them print it for you on the FD-258 form that you can then mail. Don't do ink prints on FD-258 because there is no way to tell if it is good or bad print. Going the digital route will make sure the prints are good.

Some UPS locations provide this service, also you can call the background check companies in your areas. When you tell them what you are looking for, they can usually refer to some company which does what you are looking for. Try your local police station as well. But don't do ink prints and like I mentioned above, get digital prints and then print on fingerprint card (FD-258).

If you are US citizen or GC holder, you can go via FBI channeler. List is available on FBI website.

Last edited:

amit12344321

Nov 18, 2017
Call fingerprinting agencies around your location. Get digital prints and have them print it for you on the FD-258 form that you can then mail. Don't do ink prints on FD-258 because there is no way to tell if it is good or bad print. Going the digital route will make sure the prints are good.

Some UPS locations provide this service, also you can call the background check companies in your areas. When you tell them what you are looking for, they can usually refer to some company which does what you are looking for. Try your local police station as well. But don't do ink prints and like I mentioned above, get digital prints and then print on fingerprint card (FD-258).

If you are US citizen or GC holder, you can go via FBI channeler. List is available on FBI website.
Thank you so much

HurryupFBI

Oct 24, 2017
Hey Guys - this forum has been very helpful the past few months. Figured I would share my time frame for those that are interested

Delivered - 3rd August
Opened - 6th Nov
Posted - 8th Nov
Arrived Australia - 20th Nov

Reactions: summerxx