jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
julientran said:
Totally agree. Why risking your PR while you already spent thousands dollars in WES, IELTS, PNP fees, etc.
CIC is aware it takes +3 months to get your PPC...
Just don't understand what is so illegal here, it's not like buying drugs or fake certificate, I just went to the first fingerprint office I found in the internet and they have this fast way to do this without any additional questions. So if somebody did something illegal it's not me for sure. I just got my certificate and paid good money for making it faster (this is like in any agency, standard additional service and additional fee for it)

Moreover they where aware that I am not a US citizen as I provided 2 pieces of ID and they told this service is totally fine for EVERYONE.

juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jack_is_jack said:
Just don't understand what is so illegal here, it's not like buying drugs or fake certificate, I just went to the first fingerprint office I found in the internet and they have this fast way to do this without any additional questions. So if somebody did something illegal it's not me for sure. I just got my certificate and paid good money for making it faster (this is like in any agency, standard additional service and additional fee for it)

Moreover they where aware that I am not a US citizen as I provided 2 pieces of ID and they told this service is totally fine for EVERYONE.
Hey Jack...
Does your report has FBI water mark at the background and Void everywhere on the background when u scan it. Did they provide u hard copy and sft copy as well?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
jack_is_jack said:

The channeler is the one potentially doing something illegal unless a case could be made by the FBI that you fraudently used a channeler when not eligible to. Either way, while not doing anything illegal, you're just circumventing the system and not following rules set forth by CIC for Immigration (they clearly state channelers are accepted for US citizens/residents only), as well as not following the rules set forth by the FBI for such usage of a channeler.

Bottom line is, it is clearly stated 3rd party channelers are for Us citizens and residents only. By using it, you're implying you fall within those parameters. While I doubt the FBI is going to hunt anyone down for fraud, there's always that possibility if they realize the Channeler route is being misused. They could easily shut that program down.

Reactions: jazzyapd

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
mgnlky is right. I think there is some confusion because CIC used to accept FBI channelers from January 2015 through May 2015, then CIC realized that FBI approved channelers were only authorized to issue PPC to US citizen and US PR, then changed back in May 2015 to the current rules.

Here's the CIC webpage back in February 2015.
http://web.archive.org/web/20150218074728/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

If you are not a citizen of United States:

If you live in United States:

You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

There are two options:

Option 1: You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Option 2: You may submit the application to an FBI-approved channeler; a private company contracted to provide the certificate on behalf of the FBI. Processing times may vary. Please check the FBI website for a list of approved channelers.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI or channeler will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.

If you live outside of United States:
You can download the application form from the FBI website or send a request by mail (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

There are two options:

Option 1: You must fill out the applicant information form and obtain a set of your fingerprints.

Option 2: You may submit the application to an FBI-approved channeler; a private company contracted to provide the certificate on behalf of the FBI. Processing times may vary. Please check the FBI website for a list of approved channelers.

Please mail your completed fingerprints card along with a certified cheque or money order for the applicable processing fees, payable to the U.S. Treasury (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).

The FBI or channeler will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file. All police certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.

sri27v

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
07-16-2016
Med's Request
01-18-2017
Hi Friends i got a Quick Question i can add 2 profile in one envelope and send the mail to FBI for the report. I just need to add the Finger print, credit card detais and information detail list that it right? I must be just regular mail , doesnt need to add any prepaid mail right if i am not wrong

juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sri27v said:
Hi Friends i got a Quick Question i can add 2 profile in one envelope and send the mail to FBI for the report. I just need to add the Finger print, credit card detais and information detail list that it right? I must be just regular mail , doesnt need to add any prepaid mail right if i am not wrong
Yes you may add two profiles in one envelope and can mail it to FBI, Criminal Justice Information Services Division – Summary Request department.
Shipping either regular or fast is just based on your need and how fast you want the results.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
sri27v said:
Don't send it using regular mail as you would not have proof of delivery. Also you would not know if you application reached them or not. Send using a mail that has tracking option.

vishal_t

Aug 12, 2015
Also the official FBI site is pretty clear about use of Channeler .

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”).

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
It works because the FBI (and law enforcement in general) don't have access to information about your legal status in the US. As a result, you technically COULD get a FBI PCC through channelers as the FBI doesn't know (or care) that you aren't a US citizen. CIC won't accept channeler PCCs, though.
hi Ashu....i'm in the same boat so wondering- if the report is exactly the same (as has been made evident on other posts), what would make the CIC reject it? what basis do they have to determine whether this is even through a channeler?

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Totally agree. Why risking your PR while you already spent thousands dollars in WES, IELTS, PNP fees, etc.
CIC is aware it takes +3 months to get your PPC...
not sure if it's the same thing but i got 'cancelled', not rejected (marked as incomplete), because they say i didn't provide an indian pcc. i didn't even provide the FBI PCC but i'm preparing to do so now.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.) .. FBI site wording says may only , it doesn't say can only. I think it's a gray area, it's on discretion of channeler, it should be acceptable, it's as genuine as regular pcc.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.) .. FBI site wording says may only , it doesn't say can only. I think it's a gray area, it's on discretion of channeler, it should be acceptable, it's as genuine as regular pcc.
Incorrect. In the US legal world, "may only" typically means "shall only." The US Supreme Court had this argument back in 2013.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
hi Ashu....i'm in the same boat so wondering- if the report is exactly the same (as has been made evident on other posts), what would make the CIC reject it? what basis do they have to determine whether this is even through a channeler?

I'm not sure if they're exactly the same. I believe channeler PCCs are colored. Also, CIC does an "information sharing" thing with the US soon after you submit your application. You have no idea what information may or may not be shared between the two governments.

Bottom line: don't even think about using a channeler PCC if you're not a US citizen or a green card holder. You'll probably get caught and might be charged with misrepresentation in the worst case. Best case scenario: your application will be refused as incomplete. I strongly suggest you do it the right way and wait 2 months.

Reactions: adtjindal

jafar_4u

Feb 27, 2017
not sure if it's the same thing but i got 'cancelled', not rejected (marked as incomplete), because they say i didn't provide an indian pcc. i didn't even provide the FBI PCC but i'm preparing to do so now.
Did you obtain your FBI PCC from channeller prior to your rejection?
And you are saying you didn't even provide FBI PCC so which one did you provide then???