Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
jack_is_jack said:
So if they gave me a hard copy, but I am not a US resident, CIC will accept it?

It doesn't say how it was obtained. Direct letter for my name from U.S. Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The channeler will not issue the PPC if you're not a US resident as they verify the information prior to running the FBI report.

https://accuratebiometrics.com/by-mail

Federal Bureau of Investigation Notification: Federal Bureau of Investigation Notification: Channelers can only process Departmental Orders for US Citizens and Non-US Citizens who have permanent resident status; Non-US Citizens without permanent residence status must make the Departmental Order request directly to the FBI.Finally, please note that inquiries for Departmental Orders must be made by the individual applicant and the FBI response must be sent to the applicant or the applicant’s attorney. If the FBI Rap sheet is sent to an attorney, a release statement must be signed by both the applicant and attorney on the attorney's letterhead.

OptimisticHope

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
But now these FBI Approved channelers are giving PCC's for non US Citizens/ residents.....that is what causing all this confusion ???

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
OptimisticHope said:
But now these FBI Approved channelers are giving PCC's for non US Citizens/ residents.....that is what causing all this confusion ???
Clearly they are not suppose to be doing so. Just because they chose to ignore the rules does not mean CIC will accept it, nor does it mean an a non-US Citizen/PR can assume they're okay to ignore the rules as well. The rules are there for a reason.

I really don't understand what the confusion is. CIC will make the decision as to if you get PR, NOT the channeler. CIC makes the rules, not the channeler. And I can tell you first hand, if CIC does not like your PCC, they will reject your application as incomplete in the blink of an eye. Why risk it?

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
OptimisticHope said:
Really? Which channeler is giving PPC for non US resident? The last time I checked, none of the channelers would give you the PPC if you're not US resident. Because you won't have to wait and will able to get the PPC in 24-72 hours from a channeler and the PPC is identical whether from a channeler or directly from FBI.

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
mgnlky said:
Clearly they are not suppose to be doing so. Just because they chose to ignore the rules does not mean CIC will accept it, nor does it mean an a non-US Citizen/PR can assume they're okay to ignore it as well. The rules are there for a reason.

I really don't understand what the confusion is. CIC will make the decision as to if you get PR, NOT the channeler. CIC makes the rules, not the channeler. And I can tell you first hand, if CIC does not like your PCC, they will reject your application as incomplete in the blink of an eye. Why risk it?
The thing is CIC doesn't care at all if it's from a channeler or not as the PPC is identical from a channeler or directly from the FBI. It is just a generic letter with the FBI letterhead that certifies you're not filed in the FBI database.
There is no way CIC would know it. Channelers are supposed to verify US residency, not CIC nor the FBI. They check if you have a US passport or green card before they scan your fingerprints

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
julientran said:
The thing is CIC doesn't care at all if it's from a channeler or not as the PPC is identical from a channeler or directly from the FBI. It is just a generic letter with the FBI letterhead that certifies you're not filed in the FBI database.
There is no way CIC would know it. Channelers are supposed to verify US residency, not CIC nor the FBI. They check if you have a US passport or green card before they scan your fingerprints
Valid point. I forgot there's only one form for both methods. Theoretically though, I wonder if the certificate number could be traced back to who requested it? (Sure CIC wouldn't do that if it were a possibility; it's just my curiosity.)

At the same time, the FBI also says channelers can only be used by "a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”)."

If they found out a particular channeler wasn't taking precautions to make sure they were following this guideline, they could easily revoke their Approved Channeler Status. Either way you look at it, the Channeler is in the wrong. Ethically speaking, it doesn't exactly put the EE applicant in the right either, when they know it's not abiding by stated rules.

OptimisticHope

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
mgnlky said:
Clearly they are not suppose to be doing so. Just because they chose to ignore the rules does not mean CIC will accept it, nor does it mean an a non-US Citizen/PR can assume they're okay to ignore the rules as well. The rules are there for a reason.

Thanks mgnlky. Confusion cleared now ;D

Even though i got one from FBI Approved channeller , i am re-applying for one directly form FBI. I don't want take risk :D

OptimisticHope

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
julientran said:
Really? Which channeler is giving PPC for non US resident? The last time I checked, none of the channelers would give you the PPC if you're not US resident. Because you won't have to wait and will able to get the PPC in 24-72 hours from a channeler and the PPC is identical whether from a channeler or directly from FBI.
Yes Julientran. I am a non US citizen/resident, i got one in the last month. In Toronto, multiple fingerprint service companies are offering this service and they are working through FBI-Approved Channelers.

In this case, the customers will not get a chance to interact directly with channelers, we 've to submit forms to the finger print agencies. They are charging $500 for 2 people and sending the PCC in 10 -15 business days ;D

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
OptimisticHope said:
Yes Julientran. I am a non US citizen/resident, i got one in the last month. In Toronto, multiple fingerprint service companies are offering this service and they are working through FBI-Approved Channelers.

In this case, the customers will not get a chance to interact directly with channelers, we 've to submit forms to the finger print agencies. They are charging $500 for 2 people and sending the PCC in 10 -15 business days ;D
True, that's what I did couple months ago.
So is this way OK or not? Anybody had experience to submit those certificates?

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
OptimisticHope said:

Wow, I'm not sure if what they did was legal.
They must have answered to the channeler you were a US resident in the application.
I highly doubt any channeler would risk to lose their contract with the FBI to let this happened.

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
jack_is_jack said:
True, that's what I did couple months ago.
So is this way OK or not? Anybody had experience to submit those certificates?
No one can tell you, you can take a risk and tell us if you get your PR ;)

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
mgnlky said:
Valid point. I forgot there's only one form for both methods. Theoretically though, I wonder if the certificate number could be traced back to who requested it? (Sure CIC wouldn't do that if it were a possibility; it's just my curiosity.)

At the same time, the FBI also says channelers can only be used by "a U.S. person (an individual who is a citizen of the U.S. or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.). A lawful permanent resident is any person not a citizen of the U.S. who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant (also known “Permanent Resident Alien,” “Resident Alien Permit Holder,” and “Green Card Holder”)."

If they found out a particular channeler wasn't taking precautions to make sure they were following this guideline, they could easily revoke their Approved Channeler Status. Either way you look at it, the Channeler is in the wrong. Ethically speaking, it doesn't exactly put the EE applicant in the right either, when they know it's not abiding by stated rules.
I'm sure the FBI can track who requested the PPC but I doubt the FBI would disclose the information to a foreign entity.
The PPC itself is the proof, the FBI doesn't have to disclose more information.
Imagine CIC requesting authenticity of a notarized document in every country for every case!! It would take decades to process applications!!!
Even though I think it's not ethical to get it from channelers while you're not supposed to according to FBI guidelines, at the end, CIC will just acknowledge the PPC.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
julientran said:
Wow, I'm not sure if what they did was legal.
They must have answered to the channeler you were a US resident in the application.
I highly doubt any channeler would risk to lose their contract with the FBI to let this happened.
Not legal at all. With the FBI being a federal agency, I imagine there is some sort of repercussion to lying to them *goes off to Google this*.

Another thing. Guys, it costs under $100USD to go thru the FBI. Yes the wait can be long, but CIC is aware and will not reject you for it. Why pay over $500 for something that seems to be occurring thru illegal means? That's 400$ you could be putting into your Canada fund...

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
mgnlky said:
Not legal at all. With the FBI being a federal agency, I imagine there is some sort of repercussion to lying to them *goes off to Google this*.

Another thing. Guys, it costs under $100USD to go thru the FBI. Yes the wait can be long, but CIC is aware and will not reject you for it. Why pay over $500 for something that seems to be occurring thru illegal means? That's 400$ you could be putting into your Canada fund...
Totally agree. Why risking your PR while you already spent thousands dollars in WES, IELTS, PNP fees, etc.
CIC is aware it takes +3 months to get your PPC...

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
If FBI can issue an online report to anyone irrespective of legal status, why don't they legally extend it to everyone who wants FBI pcc. Why subject people to 14 week wait? Strange.