+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI report

milk29

Sep 9, 2017
Hi guys,

Got a question about FBI report. I submitted all the documents for EE in late December, but since I hadn't received my FBI report, I submitted a letter of explanation. And CIC assigned a deadline for me to submit the FBI report, which is Mar 2. But I still haven't got the report yet. I have sent all my documents to FBI in September, and received the credit card deduction notification in Jan 10. Should I submit another letter of explanation, attaching the credit card record to show that my applicaiton for FBI report has been processing? Or what else should I do?

Thanks a million!!

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Call FBI to check current status of your application. If they say they have mailed out the results then you can wait a bit. Else send a CSE to IRCC with the credit card doc and request for extension.

milk29

Sep 9, 2017
Call FBI to check current status of your application. If they say they have mailed out the results then you can wait a bit. Else send a CSE to IRCC with the credit card doc and request for extension.
Hi Baahubali, thank you for the reply! Do you know how should I contact FBI? There seems no contact info on their website.

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Why dont you use the new eDO system to get the FBI clearance? It only takes a week nowadays.

milk29

Sep 9, 2017
Why dont you use the new eDO system to get the FBI clearance? It only takes a week nowadays.
Hi Appar, I just noticed that there's this method available... But my deadline to submit the report is Mar 2, and getting another set of finger prints and shipping it to the US will take a while. Is it possible to contact FBI so they could use the finger prints that I sent before??

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
My suggestion is to use the eDO and send a new set of prints. Meanwhile contact FBI to see if they can locate your old prints. Then send records of your new eDO application and the credit charge to IRCC and request an extension. In the new system you get a pdf version of your report so you dont have to wait for FBI to ship it.

milk29

Sep 9, 2017
My suggestion is to use the eDO and send a new set of prints. Meanwhile contact FBI to see if they can locate your old prints. Then send records of your new eDO application and the credit charge to IRCC and request an extension. In the new system you get a pdf version of your report so you dont have to wait for FBI to ship it.
Thank you so much! I will do that. I'm also crossing my fingers that I will be able to receive the report by mail by Mar 2... Good luck with your application!!!

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi,

I am new to this forum and wanted to know how much time does it usually takes to get the certificate if we use the new Edo process. I reach it is 3-5 days once finger prints are received. I recently came to know this is an online facility which can be used by anyone and not just GC and USC. I plan to use this approach. I am currently working on the transcripts so it will be a while when I submit the online application. So wanted to understand if there is any validity on the fib clearance certificate. Wanted to get this information so that I can plan to match this time of the application and fbi report.

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Hi,

I am new to this forum and wanted to know how much time does it usually takes to get the certificate if we use the new Edo process. I reach it is 3-5 days once finger prints are received. I recently came to know this is an online facility which can be used by anyone and not just GC and USC. I plan to use this approach. I am currently working on the transcripts so it will be a while when I submit the online application. So wanted to understand if there is any validity on the fib clearance certificate. Wanted to get this information so that I can plan to match this time of the application and fbi report.
It is valid for 6 months if you are living in the USA. If you are not in the USA it is valid for an indefinite period till the time you re-enter USA. Everything else you said is correct.

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

wanted to know if we need to get FBI clearance certificate for a 4 month kid.. I checked forum and found a very old post where it was mentioned that we need it only for people more than 18 years. But wanted to confirm.

Can anyone please check and confirm?

milk29

Sep 9, 2017
Hi Everyone,

wanted to know if we need to get FBI clearance certificate for a 4 month kid.. I checked forum and found a very old post where it was mentioned that we need it only for people more than 18 years. But wanted to confirm.

Can anyone please check and confirm?
Hi, according to the website here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html
Your baby doesn't need the FBI report. Good luck!