+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI Police Clearance Report

Oct 21, 2018
Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying for BC Skilled Worker PNP program and I have 2 questions.

1. Earlier this year, I have done ICAP education assessment by WES USA for a graduate program. It costed 250+ USD. Now, according to BC PNP portal, have to submit ECA that can be done by WES Canada. It costs 200+ CAD. I do not see why I should pay double for WES on education evaluation since they are 1. the same organization, 2. they will be using same documents (my diplomas) to run the evaluation. Only difference maybe is to print out that damn thing on different letter head.

Has anyone faced similar problems? Did you have to pay duplicately? Is there any solutions to this?

2. I am trying to send out a) fingerprint card and b) email confirmation print to somewhere in US for FBI police check clearance. What is confusing is that FBI seem to offer two ways to do it. 1. by electronically (definition is not clear), 2. by Mail. Since I will be submitting my fingerprint by Mail, I guess mine is Mail one. (?) Then I paid the payment online, and created a portal like thing online with personal info (does that make it online?)

Anyways, the question here is if online, they send the result by secure on-line portal via email notification. Now, can I use that screenshot or whatever they send for my EE application? The Immigration website says that all police certificates have to be original documents that will need scanning and uploading. Can digital copy printed out can be considered as Original document?

Please somebody help me to understand these things. Thank you! Have a nice day.

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying for BC Skilled Worker PNP program and I have 2 questions.

1. Earlier this year, I have done ICAP education assessment by WES USA for a graduate program. It costed 250+ USD. Now, according to BC PNP portal, have to submit ECA that can be done by WES Canada. It costs 200+ CAD. I do not see why I should pay double for WES on education evaluation since they are 1. the same organization, 2. they will be using same documents (my diplomas) to run the evaluation. Only difference maybe is to print out that damn thing on different letter head.

Has anyone faced similar problems? Did you have to pay duplicately? Is there any solutions to this?

2. I am trying to send out a) fingerprint card and b) email confirmation print to somewhere in US for FBI police check clearance. What is confusing is that FBI seem to offer two ways to do it. 1. by electronically (definition is not clear), 2. by Mail. Since I will be submitting my fingerprint by Mail, I guess mine is Mail one. (?) Then I paid the payment online, and created a portal like thing online with personal info (does that make it online?)

Anyways, the question here is if online, they send the result by secure on-line portal via email notification. Now, can I use that screenshot or whatever they send for my EE application? The Immigration website says that all police certificates have to be original documents that will need scanning and uploading. Can digital copy printed out can be considered as Original document?

Please somebody help me to understand these things. Thank you! Have a nice day.
For #2, you can download the PCC in pdf format from online account. They do mail a hard copy but it is same as the pdf. I used the electronic copy (pdf) with my eAPR submission.

I'm not quite certain on #1. WES gives an option to upgrade ECA report. You may send them a web inquiry.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
1. WES USA evaluates your degree to an US equivalent degree. Canada is a completely different country with their own education system. They need to know what degree in Canada, not US, corresponds to your non-Canadian degree.

2. I do not recollect seeing any option to send fingerprint card electronically. There is only one way to send fingerprint card - by mail. Are you applying over here - https://www.edo.cjis.gov/?

3. Yes, the PDF attachment that you receive from FBI can be used directly.

Oct 21, 2018
1. WES USA evaluates your degree to an US equivalent degree. Canada is a completely different country with their own education system. They need to know what degree in Canada, not US, corresponds to your non-Canadian degree.

2. I do not recollect seeing any option to send fingerprint card electronically. There is only one way to send fingerprint card - by mail. Are you applying over here - https://www.edo.cjis.gov/?

Hi, no I am sending the fingerprint card by Mail. Downloaded PDF from FBI website. Now need to print all 10 fingers using ink and put them in an envelope along with a Confirmation email which they sent after I made the 18-dollar payment via their site. I was mostly confused about which document to use for EE application since they will be sending 2 letters - electronic and paper version by postal mail. The person above stated they are the same document, so it is all clear now. Thanks

Oct 21, 2018
For #2, you can download the PCC in pdf format from online account. They do mail a hard copy but it is same as the pdf. I used the electronic copy (pdf) with my eAPR submission.

I'm not quite certain on #1. WES gives an option to upgrade ECA report. You may send them a web inquiry.
Thank you for your reply. Do you remember how long it took for the electronic report to come? I will be sending fingerprints tomorrow by priority mail.

Nag4u

Nov 13, 2018
Hi , if we need addition copy of FBI report do we need to just pay 18$ or send again finger print card.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi , if we need addition copy of FBI report do we need to just pay 18$ or send again finger print card.
It's electronic, you can download it as many times as you want within a period of time. After that you need to send another set of fingerprints and start all over again. Better download it and save it in an email folder or something.

Nag4u

Nov 13, 2018
It's electronic, you can download it as many times as you want within a period of time. After that you need to send another set of fingerprints and start all over again. Better download it and save it in an email folder or something.
Thanks
But is it original copy which we can take to Visa purposes for U.K

pranav.phadke

Sep 14, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-01-2019
AOR Received.
02-01-2019
Med's Request
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
Passport Req..
03-07-2019

For #2 Identogo uses livescan to capture fingerprints but instead of printing them on FD258 (which they also offer), they send them directly to FBI electronically since they are authorized channeler for them. Though you have to be green card or citizenship holder to avail that service.
If you do have trouble with your fingerprints, i would suggest visiting your local PD or sheriff's office and get that done using ink. I found the people at Indentogo had no clues of what they were doing and how to take fingerprints.

qinran

Jun 9, 2020
can I submit this eletrocnic version? From CIC it states: "Police certificates must be scanned copies of the original certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies or unauthorized copies won’t be accepted and will result in your application being rejected. " does it means we have to get the physical copy and then scan it? This is confusing...Thanks