+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

accessbalaji

May 5, 2016
Hi,
I am new to the process of filling PCC with FBI. Do I have to use the same printer card FD-258 from the FBI website. My local police station in Halifax, Canada offered me a different finger print card which they said many people get and use it in different country police clearance. Even for USA. That paper looked more sturdier than a regular A4 sheet which I used for taking a print out of the FD-258 form from the website. Should I go with the regular A4 print out of FD-258 or the police station one ?

Newbie here

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi,
I am new to the process of filling PCC with FBI. Do I have to use the same printer card FD-258 from the FBI website. My local police station in Halifax, Canada offered me a different finger print card which they said many people get and use it in different country police clearance. Even for USA. That paper looked more sturdier than a regular A4 sheet which I used for taking a print out of the FD-258 form from the website. Should I go with the regular A4 print out of FD-258 or the police station one ?
balaji you are in Canada ?

Kenny latour

Feb 1, 2018
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Follow this new option.
My finger print card is French i would like to know if that a problem
"
Option 1: Electronically Submit Your Request Directly to the FBI

"

I started doing the process yesterday only. It took 15 min to finish.
And then take you finger print card from a local police station and send it to the address mentioned in the confirmation mail from the above step.
I'm Haitian my finger print card is in French I would
balaji you are in Canada ?

Kenny latour

Feb 1, 2018
Hey Guyz,

A query popped in my head seeing some other threads - FBI does accept scanned fingerprints right? I didn't have the option of ink fingerprints in my area and had to drop in the local police station to get my fingerprints scanned.
I didn't think this would be an issue but just thought to clarify forum's opinion on this.
I would like to know if my finger print card is in French if the will take it please

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Hi,
The one they are giving you would be better, you can print it on A4 sheet but thats not recommended because fingerprints smudge more on standard A4 sheet than on sturdier one you mentioned. They are from police department, they know.

Better get fingerprints also taken from them as they know how to properly roll the fingers and ink they have will be more suitable for fingerprinting. Fingerprints through standard stamp paper ink doesn't comes that good whichever kind of paper you may use.

accessbalaji

May 5, 2016
The one they are giving you would be better, you can print it on A4 sheet but thats not recommended because fingerprints smudge more on standard A4 sheet than on sturdier one you mentioned. They are from police department, they know.

Better get fingerprints also taken from them as they know how to properly roll the fingers and ink they have will be more suitable for fingerprinting. Fingerprints through standard stamp paper ink doesn't comes that good whichever kind of paper you may use.

Thanks for the help.

I went to the police station to take the finger print. The new police officer who I met today said FBI doesn't accept their form. He said he has done the form in regular A4 paper in the past.

And the result looked fine to me as well. I am planning to send it to FBI today through the new EDO. If there is a problem in accepting. I will update the thread. Thanks for the help again.

ptxiajun

Oct 26, 2017
my finger print card arrived at the postal office yesterday and showing the following status
Available for Pickup 02/07/2018 1:26pm CLARKSBURG WV 26301

But till now, there is no update. Anybody has similar experience?

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
my finger print card arrived at the postal office yesterday and showing the following status

People have had similar experiences in the last couple days. It looks like the mail is picked up either at the end of the day everyday or early in the morning. In either case, it is most likely to be processed tomorrow.

Same for me. Nothing yet. Mine was delivered yesterday