+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

BjFire

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Hello All, I obtained my FBI PCC in Aug-2015 and have not traveled to USA after that.
As, I was reading on CIC web-site if PCC obtained is after the last travel to a country the 6 month thing is not applicable.
Now, I have got a PCC request from CIC and the PCC is of more than 6 months. So, will my PCC be fine now or a new one will be needed ?

Also, should I raise this query in Case Specific Enquiry ?

IsildursHeir

Dec 27, 2015
Folks,

I wanted to clarify something. I was looking at the Australian DIBP guidelines on US PCC requirements, and it states something - "If the results are to be sent to an address outside the USA you will need to make arrangements for the return postage of the results."

Is this correct? I thought FBI states the following -

"Your results will be provided on standard white paper and returned to you by First-Class Mail via the U.S. Postal Service.
Self-addressed envelopes will not be accepted. This includes pre-paid Priority Mail, FedEx account numbers, United Parcel Service, etc., foreign postage coupons, and requests to forward correspondence to the Department of State for the apostille process."

Since many of you have had similiar situations of requesting PCC from FBI from outside the US - would you be able to clarify this?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
BjFire said:
Hello All, I obtained my FBI PCC in Aug-2015 and have not traveled to USA after that.
As, I was reading on CIC web-site if PCC obtained is after the last travel to a country the 6 month thing is not applicable.
Now, I have got a PCC request from CIC and the PCC is of more than 6 months. So, will my PCC be fine now or a new one will be needed ?

Also, should I raise this query in Case Specific Enquiry ?
Your PCC is valid indefinitely if you never visited the country in question after the date it was issued.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IsildursHeir said:
Folks,

I wanted to clarify something. I was looking at the Australian DIBP guidelines on US PCC requirements, and it states something - "If the results are to be sent to an address outside the USA you will need to make arrangements for the return postage of the results."

Is this correct? I thought FBI states the following -

"Your results will be provided on standard white paper and returned to you by First-Class Mail via the U.S. Postal Service.
Self-addressed envelopes will not be accepted. This includes pre-paid Priority Mail, FedEx account numbers, United Parcel Service, etc., foreign postage coupons, and requests to forward correspondence to the Department of State for the apostille process."

Since many of you have had similiar situations of requesting PCC from FBI from outside the US - would you be able to clarify this?
Hey Aragorn. You are everywhere :p

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
jairichi said:
Hey Aragorn. You are everywhere :p
Haha, took me a minute to get that :p

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Haha, took me a minute to get that :p
Ha ha. We just chatted about this in expatforum - Australia. Aragorn is Isiduir's heir in "LOR", same as your name. I told him I like that character. Caught him here too :p

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
They take 2-3 working days to respond. If your inquiry is urgent, it is best to call them.
After a long wait, Got the report on friday. Thanks for all your input.

SMB0015

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO - DRD
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
3rd n 4th applications......Prints went through.....letter to be dispatched 2morow by snail mail :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bolivian76

May 23, 2016
Send my fingerprints, but by mistake the person who sent the mail put one seconds money order, I will have a problem ?? By the way, what day are opening today??

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question to the members.. my apologies if it was already answered.

Can I input one address on the application form and then change it later? IF I could, whats the process and does it have any impact on the processing timeline?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ldrbjp said:
Quick question to the members.. my apologies if it was already answered.

Can I input one address on the application form and then change it later? IF I could, whats the process and does it have any impact on the processing timeline?
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/address-verification
It does not affect timeline. Make sure to send the request before your fingerprints are processed.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/address-verification
It does not affect timeline. Make sure to send the request before your fingerprints are processed.
Thank you so much for quick reply, Jairichi :)

We know that they open my package only after 2 months and so, is it ok if I send the address change form in a couple of weeks from now?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ldrbjp said:
Thank you so much for quick reply, Jairichi :)

We know that they open my package only after 2 months and so, is it ok if I send the address change form in a couple of weeks from now?
Anytime before they open your package. To be on the safer side at the latest a week before anticipated date of opening of your package.