+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI PCC

mudit234

Feb 22, 2016
Hi,

@2016Canada,

I am not 100% sure but I think people have gotten extension in the past by submitting proof that they have submitted the FBI PCC request (in the Letter of Extension section of your application). I had the impression that almost everyone gets the extension as authorities are aware of the delays from FBI's end. I may be wrong. I plan to research on it this weekend.

@RV_13,

I don't think we need to authorize the payment in anyway, at least I didn't have to and I know about at least 2 more people who submitted application and have gotten their PR and they didn't have to authorize.

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
mudit234 said:
Hi,

@2016Canada,

I am not 100% sure but I think people have gotten extension in the past by submitting proof that they have submitted the FBI PCC request (in the Letter of Extension section of your application). I had the impression that almost everyone gets the extension as authorities are aware of the delays from FBI's end. I may be wrong. I plan to research on it this weekend.

@RV_13,

I don't think we need to authorize the payment in anyway, at least I didn't have to and I know about at least 2 more people who submitted application and have gotten their PR and they didn't have to authorize.
Thanks Mudik234..

On the extension part, yes, you should be able to get the initial extension by submitting the proof such as Courier Delivery Receipt, an email from FBI on the current processing timeline and a letter of explanation asking for the extension. It is now becoming a standard process because of this lengthy processing timeline and CIC generally accepts the request.

mudit234

Feb 22, 2016
RV_13 said:
Thanks Mudik234..

On the extension part, yes, you should be able to get the initial extension by submitting the proof such as Courier Delivery Receipt, an email from FBI on the current processing timeline and a letter of explanation asking for the extension. It is now becoming a standard process because of this lengthy processing timeline and CIC generally accepts the request.
Thanks RV_13,

Can you please help me with the process to get the email from FBI on the current processing timeline? Also, do you know if 2 days before deadline is too late to submit for extension? (I am planning to wait for FBI report till then)

RV_13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
mudit234 said:
Thanks RV_13,

Can you please help me with the process to get the email from FBI on the current processing timeline? Also, do you know if 2 days before deadline is too late to submit for extension? (I am planning to wait for FBI report till then)
Write an email to liaison@leo.gov..with your name, address and date of birth..they will reply in 1-2 days..abt the extension, i m not sure if you should wait for the last day..if there is a system glitch, it will be hard to submit the extension request..however you can call FBI and ask them if yours has been already mailed..

mudit234

Feb 22, 2016
RV_13 said:
Write an email to liaison@leo.gov..with your name, address and date of birth..they will reply in 1-2 days..abt the extension, i m not sure if you should wait for the last day..if there is a system glitch, it will be hard to submit the extension request..however you can call FBI and ask them if yours has been already mailed..
Great. Thanks for the detailed reply.. very helpful!

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mudit234 said:
Hi all,

Been on this thread for a few months, first time posting.

My credit card was charged today (Feb 25) and I have 10 days left to submit my application. I live in Bay Area (California). Do you think I would get it in the next 10 days or should I file for an extension.

Timeline:
FBI application received: Nov 05, 2015
Credit Card charged: Feb 25, 2016
I really wish that u get your FBI before deadline. I will be in similar situation in few days. If I were u I will ask for extension through CSE now and wait till last day for the mycic LOE upload. I did that for first extension. I sent them CSE for extension but got no reply then on 4 days before deadline I uploaded on my CIC and got extension...... U must have noticed that date near upload on mycic keep extending on its own. Even if there is a glitch last day ....u can still use upload button on later day. But I'm pretty sure u will have it in hand before deadline.
Good luck
Keep us updated

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
My time-line for the FBI report.

Application received by FBI: Nov 4, 2015 (US time)
Credit Card charged: Feb 26, 2016 (Singapore Time UTC +8)

FBI customer service said that it was a normal report (meaning the fingerprints were accepted), and that it will be sent next Monday. I am having it mailed to a US address in North Carolina, which is quite close to West Virginia. Hopefully it should get there soon!

abt81

May 11, 2015
Just an update on my application:

Packet received: October 26th, 2015
Credit Card charged: February 18th, 2016
Report reached US address: February 25th, 2016

best wishes to everyone!

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
sunil55 and mudit234,

same here, my request was delivered on Nov 6th in the morning, but my credit card was not charged yet. My deadline was March 12 and I already had a LOE requesting extension ready. Hope we all can get the FBI report soon and eventually got PR.

sunil55 said:
I really wish that u get your FBI before deadline. I will be in similar situation in few days. If I were u I will ask for extension through CSE now and wait till last day for the mycic LOE upload. I did that for first extension. I sent them CSE for extension but got no reply then on 4 days before deadline I uploaded on my CIC and got extension...... U must have noticed that date near upload on mycic keep extending on its own. Even if there is a glitch last day ....u can still use upload button on later day. But I'm pretty sure u will have it in hand before deadline.
Good luck
Keep us updated

mudit234

Feb 22, 2016
sunil55 said:
Good luck
Keep us updated
Thanks sunil55 and ImmiToCanada,

@sunil55: Would you recommend sending a CSE? I thought just uploading the application as it is with a LoE with proof of submission of PCC request should be fine.
@ImmiToCanada: I think you would be totally fine. I have not seen it taking more than 10-15 days typically from CC charged to receiving the report.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mudit234 said:
Thanks sunil55 and ImmiToCanada,

@sunil55: Would you recommend sending a CSE? I thought just uploading the application as it is with a LoE with proof of submission of PCC request should be fine.
@ImmiToCanada: I think you would be totally fine. I have not seen it taking more than 10-15 days typically from CC charged to receiving the report.
I would say that u do a CSE. Uploading LOE is a crude method people invented and shared on forum and it worked fine but u know that it is totally meant for document with all document details to be filled in that form. We just fill any random things in places meant for document details, which is wrong. So if u send CSE which most probably they don't respond to , u can justify that u tried communication with them as required but when u got no reply u were not left with any option left other than using the upload button. Some people got email from CIC in which the said to refrain from using mycic for questions or explanations.

But as I told I have also used mycic for LOE and got my first extension without trouble. But I sent CSE also before using mycic. Got no reply to CSE.

But I don't think it's a big deal. Do as u feel. There is no fixed method. I just wish that luck support u and u get it within timeframe.
Good luck. Keep us updated as well

mudit234

Feb 22, 2016
sunil55 said:
I would say that u do a CSE. Uploading LOE is a crude method people invented and shared on forum and it worked fine but u know that it is totally meant for document with all document details to be filled in that form. We just fill any random things in places meant for document details, which is wrong. So if u send CSE which most probably they don't respond to , u can justify that u tried communication with them as required but when u got no reply u were not left with any option left other than using the upload button. Some people got email from CIC in which the said to refrain from using mycic for questions or explanations.

But as I told I have also used mycic for LOE and got my first extension without trouble. But I sent CSE also before using mycic. Got no reply to CSE.

But I don't think it's a big deal. Do as u feel. There is no fixed method. I just wish that luck support u and u get it within timeframe.
Good luck. Keep us updated as well
Sounds good. Thanks! I'll send CSE too :)

SMB0015

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO - DRD
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent application to FBI.
How do I get acknowledge?
Do they send a receipt email.
Need proof of application to send to CIC for
extension.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SMB0015 said:
Sent application to FBI.
How do I get acknowledge?
Do they send a receipt email.
Need proof of application to send to CIC for
extension.
Your online tracking of post is your acknowledgement by FBI and proof for CIC.

SMB0015

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO - DRD
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
jairichi said:
Your online tracking of post is your acknowledgement by FBI and proof for CIC.
Thanks