Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Rishima86 said:
Hi,

I applied for my FBI clearance on 24th Sept 2015. I live in India and my sister lives in USA. Is it possible to change ONLY my delivery address with my current address remaining same? I would like to get my fbi clearance to be delivered in USA so that it does not get lost in transit to India.
Yes what Quina said is correct . You need to call them after your card charge and make proper followup for the change..

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
okbangaram said:
What is the wait time between sending the FBI PCC to CIC and getting dm/ppr?
That depends up on your category of application, complication in file , & speed of visa office etc .

If you are CEC Inland - 1 to 2 weeks , FSW Inland /Outland (CPC Ottawa) - may take 2 weeks to 2 months , FSW Outland (other visa office ) - 2 weeks to 1 month or even faster

These are purely based on observations, can be wrong.... :) Can you please inform us if you get some update from CIC..

blackpearl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Hi Guys,

Has anyone received second extension for FBI PCC after application submission?

My FBI application was received on 8th Oct and second one on 16th Oct. That means I can expect my FBI PCC between 20th to 30th Jan 2016.

I have 3 weeks to submit my EE application however because of my travel plans, I intend to submit my application this week only.

Is it a good idea to submit now?

What should I mention in LOE, should I ask for another extension of 60 days? How does CIC go with FBI PCC processing?

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Hi Guys,

Has anyone received second extension for FBI PCC after application submission?

My FBI application was received on 8th Oct and second one on 16th Oct. That means I can expect my FBI PCC between 20th to 30th Jan 2016.

I have 3 weeks to submit my EE application however because of my travel plans, I intend to submit my application this week only.

What should I mention in LOE, should I ask for another extension of 60 days? How does CIC go with FBI PCC processing?
Hey Blackpearl, you are in luck! I was in the same exact situation as you were. So, I hope you will find my answer useful.

The most common solution proposed by Asivad is a theoretical one. Basically you wait till the 59/60th day and then submit it. I mean what else can you do? right? But in reality, based on my actual personal experience and that of others you don't have to do that at all.

I submitted my application on the 30th day. On August 5th. I got my FBI PCC back and got it attached without any problems to the main application on October 23rd. So, this was in excess of the proposed 60 days deadline.

The trick is this: Don't ask for extensions beforehand. What you do is that you explain in the LOE that you have all the documents in hand and that FBI PCC will take 3 + months and that once you get it, you will create a CSE and attach the FBI PCC then. They will understand.

Everybody knows that FBI PCC takes a lot of time. This solution was given to me by another forum member who also had the same issue and it worked for both of us. In another case it took around 3 months and for that guy too, there were no problems.

You can go ahead and submit it this week. You won't face any issues. In-fact your situation is exactly same as mine. Good luck with your application!

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
I have been putting off pasting my timeline here due to laziness. This thread helped me a lot and I want to give back, even though its a bit late:

July 18th ====> Sent the package from India.
July 23rd ====> Reached FBI Office
August 5th ====> Submitted my EE application
In October I changed the address from India to my friend's address in the US.
I called them multiple times and emailed them to make sure that the address got changed. Heard in the forum that you need to follow up.
October 13th ===> Got delivered to the US address.
October 15/16th ====> I raised a CSE about the FBI PCC. I uploaded the scanned document. I got automatic acknowledgment about the upload.
October 23rd =====> I got the final acknowledgement that my FBI PCC has been successfully been attached to the main application. After 1 week, basically!

Basically it took around 80 days or 2 months and 3 weeks to get my FBI Report delivered (July 23rd - October 13th)

Hope this is useful

agapov

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, guys! I AM IN PANIC!!!

My FBI PCC deadline is approaching and I don't know what to do. Did anyone have such situation?

My EE profile created: Jun-16th
ITA: Jul-17th (FSW Outland)

and OF COURSE I was stupid enough not to request my FBI PCC before creating my EE profile. So my FBI PCC request had been received at their office on 18th-Aug (meaning the document will be ready somewhere end of Nov, or start of Dec)

Next, I completed my ITA and attached LoE about FBI PCC underlining that I was not able to provide the document due to FBI processing time. I asked them to give me an opportunity to send the FBI PCC later on.

I got AOR on Sep-10th and
Request for Add Document on Sep-15th -- CIC gave me another 60 days to provide the FBI PCC with the deadline of NOV-15th.

In start of October I've contacted FBI and from their answer calculated that most probably I will not have the FBI PCC earlier than December.

I raised CSE and asked CIC to give me an opportunity to provide the report at a later stage and to proceed with my application.

On Oct-20th I have received Request for RFPR payment within 7 days. Paid on Oct-22nd.

But still I have this deadline in myCIC for FBI PCC - NOV-15th approaching! What would you do in this situation?

1) Raise another CSE?
2) Provide another LoE instead of FBI PCC?
3) Is the second deadline prolongation possible???
4) If CIC had asked me to pay RFPR asap, does that mean, they can give me an opportunity to provide the document later on? other wise, why would they asked for RFPR payment?

Did any of you have this situation? PLEASE HELP!!!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
agapov said:

My FBI PCC deadline is approaching and I don't know what to do. Did anyone have such situation?

and OF COURSE I was stupid enough not to request my FBI PCC before creating my EE profile. So my FBI PCC request had been received at their office on 18th-Aug (meaning the document will be ready somewhere end of Nov, or start of Dec)

Next, I completed my ITA and attached LoE about FBI PCC underlining that I was not able to provide the document due to FBI processing time. I asked them to give me an opportunity to send the FBI PCC later on.

Request for Add Document on Sep-15th -- CIC gave me another 60 days to provide the FBI PCC with the deadline of NOV-15th.

In start of October I've contacted FBI and from their answer calculated that most probably I will not have the FBI PCC earlier than December.

I raised CSE and asked CIC to give me an opportunity to provide the report at a later stage and to proceed with my application.

On Oct-20th I have received Request for RFPR payment within 7 days. Paid on Oct-22nd.

But still I have this deadline in myCIC for FBI PCC - NOV-15th approaching! What would you do in this situation?

1) Raise another CSE?
4) If CIC had asked me to pay RFPR asap, does that mean, they can give me an opportunity to provide the document later on? other wise, why would they asked for RFPR payment?

In your case I would upload an LOE instead of a PCC again attaching all the proof that you applied for the PCC and an estimate of when you will have it. Ask them to kindly consider extending your deadline.

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
agapov said:

1) Raise another CSE?

Dont panic , sent a mail to FBI CJIS division mentioning your name address , DOB and courier delivery confirmation , and ask them the status of the document . Currently they are opening August 17th. They will revery you back stating that , they need couple of weeks time to process the report.

Upload this mail along with the letter of explanation and other docs. You would probably get the extension.

NB: The information provided above are based upon the data from forum.

agapov

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
In your case I would upload an LOE instead of a PCC again attaching all the proof that you applied for the PCC and an estimate of when you will have it. Ask them to kindly consider extending your deadline.
Well, I'll try to)) Bad that can't find anyone with the same situation.

agapov

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aru_nj said:
Dont panic , sent a mail to FBI CJIS division mentioning your name address , DOB and courier delivery confirmation , and ask them the status of the document . Currently they are opening August 17th. They will revery you back stating that , they need couple of weeks time to process the report.

Upload this mail along with the letter of explanation and other docs. You would probably get the extension.

NB: The information provided above are based upon the data from forum.
Thanks, I'll try to :) Let's see how it works.

jsebastian

Sep 30, 2015
agapov said:

1) Raise another CSE?

Hi,

I'm a little bit worse situation! my fingerprints were rejected in september, and now I'm waiting that the FBI process a new set of fingerprints.

In specific for your questions, in my experience, I would say:

I tried this with police of the city of NY, and CIC answered saying that they need the FBI PCC, no any other one, so, don't waste time and money trying to get that.

Second extention is completily possible, they understand that the process at FBI could take more time than they give.

Hope this helps!

Luck!

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
jsebastian said:
Hi,

I'm a little bit worse situation! my fingerprints were rejected in september, and now I'm waiting that the FBI process a new set of fingerprints.

In specific for your questions, in my experience, I would say:

I tried this with police of the city of NY, and CIC answered saying that they need the FBI PCC, no any other one, so, don't waste time and money trying to get that.
He meant letter of explanation for the extention, not another local pcc from state level..and you are right about local PCC
Second extention is completily possible, they understand that the process at FBI could take more time than they give.

Hope this helps!

Luck!

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If anybody needs FBI forms FD-258 in India, PM me. I can arrange a few to be posted to you. Or if you're in Hyderabad, you can pick them up personally.